Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: From the archives of my Amiga related trades... :-)  (Read 4934 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34Topic starter

• Show only replies by x56h34
From the archives of my Amiga related trades... :-)
« on: June 29, 2005, 09:44:46 PM »
Dear Amiga.org reader,

I thought I should post for your amusement about how I've successfully accomplished my revenge on Hans George  Campbell, aka DoomMaster, aka spenceranne, aka Donna Marsh, aka retrogeek001. I could not believe how my original
stupidity managed to reward me with a profit in the end, however fortunately for me I was lucky enough to get a
chance for a nice little payback towards this known internet freak and scammer, that's been harassing  Amiga users around the globe in so many ways for quite a while now. In fact, I felt that it was my duty to  reciprocate, if not for my own gain, then at least as a big F.U. to Doomy, in the name of all Amiga users out there. In the end, it turns out that Doomy fights like a girl and is full of empty threats, just as I suspected.

OK, shall we begin?

It was the time when George was still pretty much free to post on Amiga.org without getting banned. People were
still amused by his antics, and mostly unaware that in fact he was also a scammer when it comes to Amiga
hardware/software trades or purchases. Like so many others, I've foolishly agreed to buy something from the man
himself, unaware that he was only in it to steal my money and act dumb afterwards.

I thought that Amiga community was small in order for us to have a scammer like this amongst us, however I was very
wrong about that. Doomy is very real as a scammer, and yes he will try and scam you, that I'm sure of, especially if
you foolishly send him cash in the mail as I did. :-)

Anyway, the deal was to pay him $100USD in total for a mint A2000 system, which would be shipped from Beaverton, OR,
 USA, to North York, ON, Canada. I've agreed to send cash, as at that time I really did not know that Doomy was a fraudster, and there were no complaints about him on Amiga.org yet. Doomy of course does not accept anything other than money orders or cash, as conveniently those forms of payment are non-refundable. :-)

The cash was mailed in an envelope and concealed very well. My return address was there, nicely printed as well as
receiver's address. Suddenly, complaints about Doomy started to pile up on Amiga.org and other sites, so I was
naturally a little worried when I realized that I sent cash to a guy who all of a sudden receives bad rep from a lot  of members. I've decided not to complain yet and just wait and see what would happen.

Of course, what happened was that Doomy denied arrival of any kind of payment from me, and after wasting my time with him for a few months, by exchanging e-mail messages, asking whether my payment arrived or not, I realized that he made a fool out of me and pocketed the cash. He denied receiving payment and he would even go that far at accusing me of trying to lie about sending it in the first place.

Furious at myself for being such a dumbass, I realized that the money was gone and that there was nothing I could
do about it, other than fly over to Beaverton, kick down Doomy's door, and let's just say take care of business
(tm). I doubt that for such a small amount of money any legal action could be taken, or at least it would not be worth it as I'd have to shell out even more money in order to get justice.

Months and months passed...I counted around 6 or 7. At this time Doomy is long banned from any Amiga related
websites, and everyone by that time knew all about him. :-)

As many of you know, I've been actively selling Amiga hardware on eBay under my nickname "x56h34".  Accelerators,
systems, motherboards, parts...you name it.

To my surprise, after all this time, a question on one of my items (Amiga ZIP ram) arrived from eBay user
"spenceranne". I immediately knew who it was, and was about to give him {bleep}, but then something clicked and I've
decided to answer the question politely and see if I could bait George on bidding on the ZIP ram. I was lucky that
he totally forgot who I was and he didn't suspect a thing.

He asked what the chip numbers were and if the chips were manufactured in Germany or Japan, as those are the only
ones that he would accept, LOL :-). The current bid price started to skyrocket, and pretty soon it reached 120USD+.

I figured that that amount was too much for Doomy to handle, but to my surprise, within the final seconds of the
auction, Doomy sniper bid and won! (final bid was ~135USD) :-)

I was excited, as an opportunity to do "you know what" just presented itself. Still, it was too early to start
celebrating. I still needed to receive his payment. There was still a chance that he would figure out who I was and bail out. The stupid asswhole didn't. :-)

Well, I'll leave you all to the history of our Dispute Console and Square Trade complaint by spenceranne to x56h34, so you could draw your own conclusion on what happened in the end. It was the sweetest negative feedback received ever, but it was worth it. :-)

spenceranne:

Item Not Received: Amiga 16MB 70ns ZIP memory 3000 4000, 32 chips + spares
Payment Method: Other Money Order
Payment Date: 31-Mar-2005

x56h34:

As soon as I receive your payment I will ship the items out. Until then, they will remain unshipped
as my policy is to not ship items out for which I have not received a payment for. This has been
clearly stated on the auction page itself.

spenceranne:

Well, how long does it take to get a letter from Beaverton, Oregon to where you are?  It should not
take more then 5 to 7 days.

x56h34:

It was probably lost in the mail, or returned to sender, as it obviously should have arrived by now.
Either that, or there was no payment sent at all. In any case, I haven't received anything yet. Have
you sent it by registered mail? If so, please use the tracking number and see where the envelope is
currently located.

spenceranne:

NO, it was not lost in the mail.  If I do not receive my memory chips within the next 7 days, I will
give you a Negative Feedback for FRAUD!  I will also file a formal complaint with eBay and the IFCC.
I am also running a trace on the money order to see if you cashed it yet.

spenceranne:

I just found out that YOU cashed the money order that I mailed to you on April 22, 2005.  Have you
shipped my ZIP memory chips yet.

spenceranne:

I gave you a negative feedback because you lied.  On May 03, 2005 you stated "It was probably lost
in the mail, or returned to sender, as it obviously should have arrived by now.  Either that, or there
was no payment sent at all. In any case, I haven't received anything yet".  How can you say this when
you did cash the money order on April 22, 2005.  If I do not get the ZIP chips within the next 7 days
, I will file charges against you.  I will also file a complaint with the IFCC.  I do not bluff

x56h34:

I just gave you a negative feedback in return. Your constant lies speak for yourself. I only wish I
had looked at your feedback before letting you bid, and I would have known what a total freak you
are. I hope eBay bans your account for life as you obviously misuse this great service for your
diabolical schemes. I will not fall for your tricks and lies. Once again, I repeat: NO PAYMENT has
been received. I WILL NOT send any packages until I receive an ACTUAL, REAL payment. Until then,
sayonara.

spenceranne:

You are lying.  I now have proof that you did cash the money order that I sent you.  If you do not
ship me the ZIP memory chips I will file legal charges against you.  I will also file a complaint
with the IFCC.  They will turn in their findings to eBay and you will be kicked off for committing
fraud.

spenceranne:

MoneyGram is mailing me a copy of the front and back of the money order which will show the signature
of the person that cashed it.  If it is your signature, I will file charges against you.  I am now
in the process of filing a fraud complaint with the IFCC.  Also, I have relatives that live near you
, so the next time I fly up to see them, we will be paying you a visit.  I hope your insurance is
paid up.

x56h34:

I have written proof from other eBay members including e-mail headers that you are officially stalking
me. This is a serious crime/offence. Your threat that you would come and personally harm me in your
previous post doesn't help either. I will have to report you to eBay for this. I suggest that you
stop right now before I get even more e-mails telling me that user spenceranne has asked if another
eBay member would provide my contact information.

spenceranne:

I will NOT stop!  You have ripped off the wrong person.  I have already reported you to eBay and I
will be filing a complaint with the IFCC tomorrow morning.  I will also get in contact with the
authorities in North York, Ontario Canada to file formal charges against you.  I will also be filing
a fraud complaint with eBay.

spenceranne:

TravelersExpress is mailing me a copy of the money order, front and back, which will clearly show
your signature and the identification numbers that the person cashing the money order wrote down.  
You had better do the right thing and ship me the ZIP memory that I paid for or things are going to
get ugly real quick.  I do not bluff.  Nobody rips me off and gets away with it!

spenceranne:

Another eBay seller, Frank Eichelberger, tried ripping me off too.  He did not get away with it.  I
filed a complaint against him to the IFCC and he was kicked off eBay.  Just do an eBay search for the
seller the-e-shoppe and you will see that he is no longer a registered user.  I also flew up to Gig
Harbor, WA, kicked his front door in and let's just say I took care of business.  NOBODY RIPS ME OFF
AND GETS AWAY WITH IT !!!!

x56h34:

#1. I would like to receive a scan via e-mail of the front and back of this supposed money order,
once you receive it from the issuing company.

#2. Personal threats about phisically harming me are
another issue and I have reported it to eBay.

spenceranne:

If you do not do the right thing, by sending me the ZIP memory chips that I paid for, nobody will be
able to protect you from my terrible wrath!  I do not bluf!  When I get the copies of the money order
(front and back) I will email scans of those copies to you.  By then it may be too late.  It will
take about 30 days to get those copies in the mail.  I have to first pay them $12.00 which I can do
when I file the form requesting copies of the money order that I sent you.

x56h34:

Please order the copies and e-mail the scans back once you receive it.

spenceranne:

Ok, I will.

All empty threats. He didn't even have the guts to call me on my phone number. :-) I think I did a pretty good job
at pissing him off, but the best is yet to come. I let him know in private e-mail that I consider his payment a refund for the previous scam, and that was basically it. :-)

Square Trade case filed by spenceranne:

I gave Nenad a negative feedback because he committed fraud. Afterwards, he gave me this negative feeedback  in
retaliation. I mail Nenad a money order in the amount of $135.50 and he did receive it. He did not ship  the ZIP
memory chips that I paid for. I am filing a fraud complaint with the IFCC. I will also be filing charges  against
him in North York, Ontario Canada. Nenad lied in the negative that he gave me and I do not deserve it. He  also lied about not receiving my payment. I have an email from him where he states that he did get my money order  but is not
going to ship my items. TravelersExpress also informed me that Nenad cashed the money order that I mailed  him on
April 22, 2005. I would like to file a fraud complaint to eBay, but I do not know how.

Requested Solutions:

I would be willing to accept a full or partial refund. ($140.50) I would like the merchandise to be shipped to me as soon as possible.

Further Details About the Solution:
I included $5.00 cash with the money order to pay for insurance and delivery conformation. So, if the seller decides to ship the ZIPs instead of paying me the $140.50 that I mailed to him, I do want the package insured and have  
delivery conformation or some means of tracking it. I do not want him pulling that "lost in the mail" crap. I do not
trust him at this point. Also, I need his address and phone number so that my attorney can mail him a letter.

As a grand finale, here is my response. :-)

Sqare Trade response by x56h34:

Mr. George Campbell has submitted a payment in the amount of $135.50USD for a totally unrelatted matter to eBay
auction #5170725083. His payment was a refund to me for an old non-eBay purchase of mine, for some computer hardware
which I never received from Mr. Campbell. We agreed through a web based message forum that George would refund my payment plus expenses through a money order payment, otherwise I'd settle the matter in court. I would assume that the owner of spenceranne eBay account Donna Marsh and George Campbell are somehow related, and are now using  
extortion and blackmail to somehow settle the old score. I would like to remind Mr. Campbell that he is very well  
free to do what he wishes in regards to reporting any issues that he thinks he may have with me to authorities, as I will gladly settle the matter in court, if it should get to that point. I am still waiting for the pamyment from  
Donna Marsh in the amount of $130.50USD + shipping for auction [auction # here]. Until payment is received I will  
not ship any items to Donna Marsh.

Until this day, I get an e-mail from Doomy once in a while threatning me that he will have his revenge...but I'm
still waiting. Square Trade closed the case. Ebay closed the case. I'd like to see him stand in front of a judge with me. :-) I'd be happy to. :-)

It's interesting how eBay didn't give a damn about recorded threats within their own system about how Doomy would
phisically cause harm to someone. They just replied with a message "there was not enough evidence to back up your claim". LOL...right. That's eBay for you. Interestingly enough, we are both still eBay members until this day and as long as we pay eBay their share in terms of fees and bills, it seems that they won't lift a finger and lose a paying customer, no mater what. :-)

Offline riccofl

• Show only replies by riccofl
Re: From the archives of my Amiga related trades... :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 10:54:59 PM »
WOW - just what if, he actually did not receive the money in the letter?

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 11:28:01 PM »
ehhhhh riccofl . . . . it would be the fate!

Well done, x56h34 :-)

Offline riccofl

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 12:36:23 AM »
Well, okay, I do not know the man, and what I can read from this topic - thank God!

Do you know him or made any deals with him? (Just asking)

...I am starting a NEW thread about DOOMMASTER (OH NOOO)

Offline mikey2001

• Show only replies by mikey2001
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 05:05:40 PM »

x56h34 wrote:

If you do not do the right thing, by sending me the ZIP memory chips that I paid for, nobody will be
able to protect you from my terrible wrath!

Had me in stitches... :lol:
Mike

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 05:22:25 PM »
I think this is funny as all hell, and congratulate you on the luck of getting your money back.

That being said however, I'd really love it if we never spoke of this scam artist/nutball again.  I just can't escape the feeling that we're standing in front of the mirror saying his name 5 times waiting on him to appear.

Hans/George/Doomy/Donna/whatever he is this week is nothing but your average scumbag idiot.  He certainly isn't worth all the fame he's getting in return by all these posts and threads.

Wayne

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 05:23:27 PM »
riccofl

Doomy always got the money.  That's his method of screwing people, and it's well documented amongst Amiga users on this and other sites.

Wayne

Offline riccofl

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 05:27:41 PM »
...incredible.

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 05:44:18 PM »
@x56h34

Brilliant, just brilliant...  Nice to see someone who takes obvious pleasure in ripping people off get ripped themselves.  

Well done.
Cecilia for President

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 06:00:08 PM »
@x56h34

Excellent work! Perhaps it can become a new kind of scambaiting :-D
int p; // A

Offline yogisumo

• Show only replies by yogisumo
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 06:28:20 PM »
Interesting.  They're everywhere.  I just got the OReilly book "Spam Kings" from the library and ended up on this site after doing a search for somebody mentioned in the book.  Sigh...
Doomy's Canadian cousin? :(

http://www.jamiebaillie.com/

Offline Hizoap

• Show only replies by Hizoap
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 06:44:39 PM »
Damn you x56h34.....I really liked your post, I love it....

0EE4-089E

Offline lorddef

• Show only replies by lorddef
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 08:40:07 PM »
Good work old chap! I salute you.

Lets hope this {bleep}wit gets knocked over by a lorry or something.
Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 09:12:26 PM »
 :lol:  :-D  :-D  :-D
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline Orjan

• Show only replies by Orjan
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 09:28:04 PM »
"spenceranne:

You are lying. I now have proof that you did cash the money order that I sent you. If you do not
ship me the ZIP memory chips I will file legal charges against you. I will also file a complaint
with the IFCC. They will turn in their findings to eBay and you will be kicked off for committing
fraud.

spenceranne:

MoneyGram is mailing me a copy of the front and back of the money order which will show the signature
of the person that cashed it. If it is your signature, I will file charges against you. I am now
in the process of filing a fraud complaint with the IFCC. Also, I have relatives that live near you
, so the next time I fly up to see them, we will be paying you a visit. I hope your insurance is
paid up."

That´s interesting... I guess he had the proof before MoneyGram had mailed the copy?  :lol:

What´s IFCC anyway?
\\"Memory is like an orgasm. It\\\'s a lot better if you don\\\'t have to fake it.\\"
- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory.