Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks  (Read 5778 times)

Description:

Offline weirdamiTopic starter

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks
« on: February 28, 2009, 02:55:32 AM »
I just wanted to say that every dealing that I've ever had with redrumloa was top notch. He is always honest and fair and forthright. I just wish I had more money to spare so I could buy some more of the awesome things he comes across that nobody else is able to at all. Loads of things would still just be rotting away wherever it was they'd been stored for 15 years if it wasn't for the super sleuthing skills of redrum, the Amiga NOS king.

:bow:
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
Re: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 03:01:39 AM »
Agreed, and "aolmurder" seems to answer questions very quickly and honestly too.

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:34:12 AM »
It's too bad that other thread ran him away from this site. I have always thought highly of him too. His posts will be missed.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »
@ Jeff

What thread ran him away? He's one of the few reasons I still get on here???

Sometimes, I wish Red was Amiga Inc's CEO. At least then we'd know we'd actually have some hardware......

Before everyone starts flaming me, I know we have "hardware", but it would be nice to have something we could all actually "afford".

-M (who is quite spotted right now! =D)
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline delshay

• Show only replies by delshay
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »
he sold me a broken Blizzard PPC card on EBAY ( advertised as broken ) card is now working.
-------------
power is nothing without control

Offline Gavilan

• Show only replies by Gavilan
    • http://coming soon....
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »
Jim is a gentleman. He has provided that to me so so many times...

Every time i bid on an item he has for sale, i can sleep naked, knowing nothing bad will come out of sudden

Also, many many times, he gave me aftersale fantastic support.

always willing to help, always nice...this guy is one of my ideals of what the "true Amigan spirit" is

Its a pity about other thread (didnt have a clue about that, where can i find that thread please?), but i second the idea: We would need somebody like Jim to be in charge of Amiga Inc!!

Also, the treasures he finds, real hard to find items for true Amiga lovers...i cant remember, more adrenaline every single time i see the listings he has on ebay

Ok, sometimes items seem to be that i wont be able to afford, but i know for sure they will end up in very good hands and not in somebody´s trashcan

Jim, if you read this, you have my 100% support man!

You rock!!!

Sincerely
Sebastian
C= & Amiga user & abuser since 1986
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »
I'm not sure that he will be back this time. Perhaps someone should collect some of the more positive comments and send them to him?  I can't believe how fast that other thread escalated and how far it went. In the end, what was gained from it? Several "apologies now lets forget about it" might have gone a long way. How many long time users can we afford to run out of what is left of our tiny community?

I sat back and watched the whole thing is disbelief wondering if I should still be here too:roll:
Just my opinion.
-Jeff  

Offline beller

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show only replies by beller
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 05:20:27 PM »

Jeff wrote:
I'm not sure that he will be back this time. Perhaps someone should collect some of the more positive comments and send them to him?  I can't believe how fast that other thread escalated and how far it went. In the end, what was gained from it? Several "apologies now lets forget about it" might have gone a long way. How many long time users can we afford to run out of what is left of our tiny community?

I sat back and watched the whole thing is disbelief wondering if I should still be here too:roll:
Just my opinion.
-Jeff  

Jeff,

I couldn't have said it better!

Bob

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 05:30:55 PM »
He's lurking, I'm sure. Like the rest of us, he'll be sitting at home one day remembering the first time he saw the juggler or the first NewTek demo or any number of things, and the nostalgia will kick in, and he'll do everything in his power to get that feeling back.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 05:34:47 PM »
I don't think he is;    

Username    redrumloa
Join Date    2002/2/15
Last Login    2009/1/2 6:03
Number of posts    9003

Offline Plaz

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »
You don't have to log in to lurk. And hopefully he knows he still has friends here.

Plaz

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »
I still hear from him from time to time through normal Email.  He really got disgusted over what was said about him in that thread.  He has asked me if I was interested in buying his amiga business if that shows you how serious he is.  He has also talked of starting his own site with much tighter control of the membership.  If people remember the thread that started all the trouble I tried to calm things down and was quickly called a "Fanboy".  There were 3 people leading the charge against ReDrum and they know who they are.  One of them is still on here all the time acting like a normal member but the people who read the thread know what we have to thank him and his two buddies for.      Dan

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
Ahem... yeah, yeah, yeah.

@ Jeff & beller:

In that thread, I did try to apologise, admitted things got out of hand and offered to put the past behind and move forward. Jim and I shared a PM even, with some humour thrown in where I thought we would have been able to move forward, but nope.

Hindsight and the past sure are funny things. Yes, I feel like {bleep} about Red "calling it quits" - but he's responsible for his own actions. Things did not have to end the way they did and this certainly doesn't need to turn into a pity party for anyone.  

I've moved forward. Made good on a lot of my promises to buy/share/sell and have spent hundreds with others on Amiga goods here and on Amibay as of late. The community is still alive and kickin'. Lots of excellent help, deals and discussion. Please try to maintain perspective here folks.

Offline Belial6

• Show only replies by Belial6
    • http://www.glasshead.net
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
This might not be popular with some of you, but redrumula was in the wrong in that thread.  I'm not saying everyone else was right, but he jumped into a thread and behaved like a troll.  He then tried to use his position in the community to claim that no one had the right to call him on his bad behavior and when the newer members wouldn't back down, he took his ball and went home.

No doubt he brought many good things to the community.  But if he is going to run off or mistreat new members, then the question has to be asked if it is worth it.  Unfortunately, begging him to come back is likely to enhance his attitude that his misbehavior is OK.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 10:37:45 PM »

Belial6 wrote:
This might not be popular with some of you, but redrumula was in the wrong in that thread.  I'm not saying everyone else was right, but he jumped into a thread and behaved like a troll.  He then tried to use his position in the community to claim that no one had the right to call him on his bad behavior and when the newer members wouldn't back down, he took his ball and went home.

No doubt he brought many good things to the community.  But if he is going to run off or mistreat new members, then the question has to be asked if it is worth it.  Unfortunately, begging him to come back is likely to enhance his attitude that his misbehavior is OK.

Well thanks to you we don't have Red to supply us with quality vintage hardware... thank you soooo much... you can go to bed with a nice smug smile, safe in the knowledge that you've pissed on everyone's parade...