Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pinocchio CD32 (Unl) - is there more to be found?  (Read 915 times)

Description:

Offline LegerdemainTopic starter

• Show only replies by Legerdemain
Pinocchio CD32 (Unl) - is there more to be found?
« on: August 14, 2005, 11:48:26 AM »
Stumbled upon this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pinocchio-CD32-CDTV-Amiga-CD-UNRELEASED_W0QQitemZ8211521381QQcategoryZ3545QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks, uhm, not promising, maybe... but are there more games out there that might exists as pre-releases although never having reached a full commercial release?

What ever happened to, say, Witchwoods?
Amiga 1200, Mirage Tower, PC-Key 1200, Blizzard 1260/50, SCSI Kit, 256MB RAM, 40GB HD, Mediator SX, Soundblaster 128, Voodoo 3 and Realtek 8139.

Offline ajlwalker

• Show only replies by ajlwalker
Re: Pinocchio CD32 (Unl) - is there more to be found?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 12:24:58 PM »
I have seen Pinnochio CD32 sold on ebay many times.

It has always been described as unreleased, though I have to say I cannot remember the previous adverts selling a CDR.  I think I would have remembered that.

For an unreleased game it doesn't appear to be all that rare.

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 02:06:02 PM »
it was released.  (yet another lame ebay item)

and it came on a printed disc too.

http://hol.abime.net/5304/boxscan

the one on ebay must be a backup.

the game was limited distrubuted and finding it in other countries than spain/italy and portugal might be very hard.

ps: there is 2 version of this game, the pure cdtv version and the new cd32 compatible one though both are identical except for the cover and some text inside the menu :-I .
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 02:08:15 PM »
btw, u asked about witchwood..

that game never made it as team17 canned it right after it was started and since then they have been wormified.

Speris legacy was released and that may be one of their reasons why their 2 other RPG games never got released .

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline LegerdemainTopic starter

• Show only replies by Legerdemain
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 09:08:55 AM »
Speris legacy was released and that may be one of their reasons why their 2 other RPG games never got released .

What a shame. Speris Legacy could really have been something huge. The demo promised SO much. I remember me going crazy trying it out, not only because of the Zelda III inspired graphics, but also because of the pictures of each person talked to, the AGA colours and pretty much everything, really.

But then it got released. And there were no pictures of the ones talked to. The music was horrible. The dialogue was rushed. They had canned many of the areas one were supposed to visist. The graphics were not AGA anymore and the Zelda III perspective had been dropped for some really ugly Breath Of Fire I looking perspective (and man, have they not STOLEN those fountains straight out of Breath Of Fire I? I have to look up that one, been quite a while since I thought of it). The game feels really, really rushed...   it could have been so good, but no...  complete crap, from beginning to end. Too bad.

Amiga 1200, Mirage Tower, PC-Key 1200, Blizzard 1260/50, SCSI Kit, 256MB RAM, 40GB HD, Mediator SX, Soundblaster 128, Voodoo 3 and Realtek 8139.