Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1200 been in storage, now the CF HDD doesn't work - 'recoverable error'  (Read 682 times)

Description:

Offline duke2k7Topic starter

• Show only replies by duke2k7
Hi Guys,

Pretty much as the thread title suggests, I have had my A1200 in storage and I got it out the other day as I was considering selling it.

After a few attempts it now boots into workbench and displays the 2mb on board memory and is reading the 8mb ram from the Amitek Hawk accelerator so I know that the hardware is okay. Once it boots into workbench and I am greeted with my games folders etc, regardless of whatever I try to open, I get a yellow flashing border on a black screen saying 'recoverable alert 0100 000c task 002e20f0'.

Ive ordered me a replacement card anyways which has been filled for me so I can plug this new one straight in, but I was wondering if any of you guys know what could be the cause? I was only thinking that the temperature may have been too cold and the CF card has corrupted.

Any ideas fellas?

Re: A1200 been in storage, now the CF HDD doesn't work - 'recoverable error'
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:56 PM »
well....

i took out the amitek hawk accelerator and i can use the cf again with no issues.

i checked the jumper settings and all looks good, so i guess the 8mb simm in the thing is faulty.

I have ordered a brand-new simm (didnt think id get a new one!), a 40mhz FPU as well as the correct-type crystal to go with it.

hopefully this will kickstart the thing into working.

I was hoping that i could execute the games straight from the wb screen without using whdload; is this possible?

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 10:46:33 PM »
Quote from: duke2k7;835139
I was hoping that i could execute the games straight from the wb screen without using whdload; is this possible?

That depends on the game, of course, but most Amiga games of the '80s/'90s were not written in a system-friendly way.  Most required booting off their own floppy disks.  WHDLoad fixes this and makes them hard drive installable.  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »
Incidentally, whilst checking my amitek hawk for obvious signs of damage etc, i noticed that i have an 'extra' jumper that isnt listed on the manual - 'lk5 memory on'

does this simply disable the additional memory as it is a 2-pin jumper so its either on or off...

thanks guys.