Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ImageFX 4.5 Studio  (Read 737 times)

Description:

Offline atom-antTopic starter

• Show only replies by atom-ant
    • http://amiga.org
ImageFX 4.5 Studio
« on: December 16, 2017, 08:19:56 PM »
I can not seem to get Image FX to work I have used the installer from os4dept which I have the CD disc and it starts to install it but I get Ifxinstall read/write error 157 "LHA" this happens a few times but it shows files installed but after some time it wiil add some lines to the user-startup then the read/write error hows up again the I retry than it will not do anything else than I go in do the drawer of   the Imagefx is but there is no imagefx icon to click on to open the program but there is draws and  other icons there.
AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update1 running on AMCC PPC440EP with 1,024MB Memory and Radeon 9250.

Offline Stevo

• Show only replies by Stevo
Re: ImageFX 4.5 Studio
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 08:51:24 PM »
Quote from: atom-ant;834166
I can not seem to get Image FX to work I have used the installer from os4dept which I have the CD disc and it starts to install it but I get Ifxinstall read/write error 157 "LHA" this happens a few times but it shows files installed but after some time it wiil add some lines to the user-startup then the read/write error hows up again the I retry than it will not do anything else than I go in do the drawer of   the Imagefx is but there is no imagefx icon to click on to open the program but there is draws and  other icons there.

I'm sorry I have no idea what your problem is probably because your post is unreadable since there is no interpunction I suggest you rephrase your question or hope that there are ppl that actually do understand what you are trying to say having said that it's not only the lack of interpunction but also the way you have constructed your sentences it makes little sense to me I'm sorry
\\"You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan, I have no ego to bruise\\"

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:12:11 PM »
:laughing:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 01:45:34 PM »
I will attempt to translate:

They are trying to install ImageFX from CD apparently on Amiga OS 4 since they downloaded the installed from os4depot. They get a bunch of errors 'Ifxinstall read/write error 157 "LHA"' but it shows files installed, there are some lines added to the user-startup by the imagefx installer. When they open the ImageFX drawer, there is no icon to open the program just some drawers and other icons inside it.

I assume one of the errors might be extracting the icon file. Who knows what other files don't come out. Is it possible the CD is scratched/defective? try to copy all the files from the CD to a folder on your hard drive. If you get read/write errors then, I would suspect the CD.