Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore Security Patch - Reproduction  (Read 1009 times)

Description:

Offline DLHTopic starter

• Show only replies by DLH
Commodore Security Patch - Reproduction
« on: September 20, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »
At last years ECCC 11/VCFMW 11 show in Chicago, Andy/Caricon had an original Commodore Security Patch on display.

The backstory is that the security guards at Commodore's plant in Pennsylvania had them on their uniforms.

I had the patch repro'ed for this years show. If you didn't get one here is your chance while they last.

Patch size = 4" round (sew on). They will look great on a hat, shirt sleeve or duffle bag. Also pinned on your bulletin board.

United States - 1 to 2 patchs = $5 each + $1 shipping.

Everywhere else (Canada, UK, AU, Ect...) - 1 to 2 patches = $5 each + $2 shipping

Note: All proceeds used to pay off order and anything extra will be used to fund the Commodore archive website.

Almost 200 patches were given away at ECCC12/VCFMW12 last weekend in Chicago, another reason you should have attended. Make Plans...

PAYPAL = dlh@bombjack.org

Please make sure you provide your shipping address, paypal does not provide your address if you send money as a gift.

When Quantity is running low I will update post.

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
Re: Commodore Security Patch - Reproduction
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:21:36 PM »
Look well-made and neat.  Eh, why not? :)

Offline CodePoet

• Show only replies by CodePoet
    • http://www.UltraKeet.com.au
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:25:41 PM »
I'd love a couple of these, but PayPal burnt me pretty bad as a business. My account has been disabled and they're still sending me letters asking me (and the co-director) for blood types, urine colour and fecal consistency

Offline DLHTopic starter

• Show only replies by DLH
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 03:39:30 PM »
International Money order works also.

PM me for my address.  I can set one or two aside while waiting for payment.

There was a way to buy thing before paypal...

DLH

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 04:32:50 PM »
Yeah, because I've always dreamed of guarding a factory! The Brian Bagnall: The Amiga Years Book has reproduction business cards as a stretch goal so I'll stick with them. If anything I wish there was LESS security at Commodore expecially outside Medhi Ali's and Irving Gould's offices ;-)

Do you know who Irving Gould reminds me of?

Looks a lot like....

The richest man in the world who sold out the human race to the vampires in the TV show: The Strain

It quite a fitting comparison as Gould was also a greedy old man that allowed incompetent blood suckers like Medhi Ali to suck Commodore dry!!
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 04:41:31 PM »
Even worse i just read this link:

http://dfarq.homeip.net/irving-gould-commodore/

... and it looks like all the Amiga development money that was instead embezzled and plundered from Commodore by Irving Gould was used to buy Japanese art!!!!!

So under Tramiel Commodore attepted to hold back the Japenese from dominating the computer/console industry and then Gould uses his ill gotten gains to buy Japanese art!!!! That say is all!!

"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 05:38:58 PM »
Quote from: DLH;830879
International Money order works also.

PM me for my address.  I can set one or two aside while waiting for payment.

There was a way to buy thing before paypal...

DLH

At the risk of going off-topic but related to your last comment, I've had my PayPal account since 1998 -- that's almost 20 years!  Think about it -- at this point it's been around so long, as with much of our existing technology, it's ingrained in how the youngest adult generation things of money.  Just like eBay = online auction or person-to-person sales.

I just saw today that Toys 'r' Us filed chapter 11, struggling while Amazon's last year toy sales was $4 billion.  That's just how young adults do things these days.  But, at the same time, the lament I hear from my daughter, for instance, is that so much stuff she gets from Amazon that's supposed to be durable goods (toys, furniture, etc.) and not disposable (diapers, etc.) is such a pain she's wasting her money and wants to actually see the product in-hand before she buys it.  Of course in her financial position she spends time in thrift shops and the like rather than big retail stores (hrmmm... another rabbit hole there, as well, but I'll refrain,) and oh how I remember those days with my parents.

Interesting times.  I expect in the next ten years as more stores fail they will start making a come-back because it's just so easy to cheat people with on-line sales.  And we'll be able to say then that there were ways to buy products before Amazon, et al.

Sorry, back to the original thread already in progress :)