Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I have some bad news...  (Read 1058 times)

Description:

Offline sumner7Topic starter

• Show only replies by sumner7
I have some bad news...
« on: February 28, 2004, 02:07:44 PM »
This morning I got a letter through the post from Sainsbury's and they said that unfortunately they have decided not to give me a second interview, so I haven't got the job. :boohoo: I'm thinking about applying for a job at either Currys or Comet. Now who shall I apply to? :-?

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
Re: I have some bad news...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 02:37:35 PM »
:-(

At least this way you don't get the disturbing Jamie Oliver association.

Um, apply for tons of different jobs, because if your luck's anything like mine, 95% of them won't even bother to acknowledge your application.

Or if you're really desperate, get with a temping agency. They can get you some work really quickly, albeit incredibly boring work.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 02:46:16 PM »
At least this way you don't get the disturbing Jamie Oliver association.

:lol:

Offline smithy

• Show only replies by smithy
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 03:29:18 PM »
Bad luck mate.  I think all of us have had bad interviews.  The best thing to do, after any interview, is to write down all the questions you could remember - or type them into a word processor.  Then think of some points that should feature in your answer.  Having some questions, and maybe some good answers fresh in your mind will help you for future interviews.

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 04:39:41 PM »

smithy wrote:
Bad luck mate.  I think all of us have had bad interviews.  The best thing to do, after any interview, is to write down all the questions you could remember - or type them into a word processor.  Then think of some points that should feature in your answer.  Having some questions, and maybe some good answers fresh in your mind will help you for future interviews.

Cheers for the advice smithy. I will be getting application forms this week from Currys, Comet, Office World, Staples and PC World. Does anyone think a job at any of these places would be good for me?