Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ClassicWB & WHDLoad - Copying to CF drive  (Read 345 times)

Description:

Offline moonchilddaveTopic starter

ClassicWB & WHDLoad - Copying to CF drive
« on: May 28, 2016, 02:37:59 AM »
Ok, I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to get ClassicWB & WHDLoad on a 4G CF drive to go into my A1200.

I have ClassicWB ADVSP v28 installed on a hardfile on WinUAE.  I have my CF formatted into 2 partitions (System & Games) using the PFS3 file system (using the correct 2 hex numbers).  I also made a System.zip file (using DOPUS) of the ClassicWB install and put it on a PC folder drive.  

I can boot into ClassicWB only if I don't add my CF drive in WinUAE - if I try adding the CF - it just sits at a black display forever.  If I drop the ClassicWB drive and boot off a Workbench disk image, adding the PC folder drive with the System.zip file, it boots into WB and I can see my 2 partitions on the CF and the PC folder - but clicking on the PC folder shows no files.

What am I doing wrong?

I was doing my best to follow along with this video but kept getting mixed up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k1328geyI8
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:41:29 AM by moonchilddave »

Offline moonchilddaveTopic starter

Re: ClassicWB & WHDLoad - Copying to CF drive
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 08:22:01 PM »
Ok, I finally managed to copy things over.  I ended up having to use the shell to copy the System.zip over to the CF drive.  I then loaded up the Real Amiga Install disk image in my HxC and let the Amiga do it's thing!

So, now I have ClassicWB ADVSP v28 installed and running in my Amiga 1200.  Only thing is, I have a B&W display - it's not in color for some reason.  How do I get it to show up in color on my TV (NTSC)?