Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Burn your own bootable Amiga flash disk!  (Read 1644 times)

Description:

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

Burn your own bootable Amiga flash disk!
« on: December 24, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »
Portable AmiKit MK2 (8.5.1) is now available as a digital download. Merry Christmas!

Name your price (0€ or more), download and burn it on your own flash disk! http://amikit.amiga.sk/

Boot AmiKit anywhere and enjoy its special "Rabbit Hole" feature which enables you to run Linux apps from AmiKit desktop!

Portable AmiKit MK2 was originally released on a branded solid metal bootable USB flash drive for the Amiga 30th birthday party in Neuss, Germany.

Since this limited collector's item was sold out very quickly, we decided to release this special Amiga 30th Years Edition as a digital download.

SCREENSHOT:

WHAT IS AMIKIT?

AmiKit is a free project, powered by enthusiasm, that turns your computer into legendary Amiga. It includes more than 350 of the finest applications.

WHAT IS PORTABLE AMIKIT?

Portable AmiKit MK2 contains a very smallweight "live boot" environemnt called AmiPUP, which is based on Slacko Puppy Linux distro (doesn't boot on Mac, though).
It is visualy modified to look like AmiKit and it contains WinUAE emulator with AmiKit files pre-installed (you still need OS files, though).
At boot, AmiPUP loads EVERYTHING into RAM, so all applications load blazing fast! The host system is never touched!

MORE INFO at http://amikit.amiga.sk/ (HTML5 browser required)

You can also get in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter or Support Forum.

Offline SACC-guy

Re: Burn your own bootable Amiga flash disk!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 03:18:52 AM »
Great! Thanks.

Offline Wolfe

• Show only replies by Wolfe
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 03:35:47 AM »
Awesome ! ! !

$$$  Downloaded . . . :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 08:04:40 AM by Wolfe »
Avatar Babe:  Monica Bellucci  -    :love:

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 04:40:54 AM »
Nice thank you, bought it and downloading it!

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 05:56:58 AM »
Thank you!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline spudje

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 12:08:56 PM »
So this is the same thing used on the ALICE laptop, for also running Linux applications?

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »
Quote from: spudje;800786
So this is the same thing used on the ALICE laptop, for also running Linux applications?

Basically yes. An integration will ALICE laptops will be more enhanced.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 09:44:55 PM »
I'm running this as I type. Very fun and nice to have this preset out of the box (more or less) as my last experiments getting UAE running in AmiPUP did not go so well.

My only problem is that is says my Nvidia GeForce 9300 GE is not supported. Because of this emulation can be a bit sluggish at times, especially in regards to games.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 09:49:25 AM »
That's why I like the Alice project - a complete solution optimized for the given hardware. That means the same high-end experience for everyone.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 12:57:31 PM »
I'd love to see Amirhlon resurrected.  Can we get Bernie, Trevor and Matthew together with a few drinks to make it happen?

Crowd funded bar? ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 01:55:31 PM »
Quote from: AmiKit;800836
That's why I like the Alice project - a complete solution optimized for the given hardware. That means the same high-end experience for everyone.

And it's a great idea having dedicated hardware, but as for me I don't have the money to be in the market for another laptop to add to the collection, though I may have found the driver I needed. Simple solution.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 02:29:48 PM »
ALICE became my laptop for everyday use, not just a part of collection. I can boot AmiKit X, OS4, Linux or Windows. All in one.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 06:16:47 PM »
Quote from: AmiKit;800842
ALICE became my laptop for everyday use, not just a part of collection. I can boot AmiKit X, OS4, Linux or Windows. All in one.

Cool, looking forward to seeing them and seeing the specs.