Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Adpro update patch?  (Read 1072 times)

Description:

Offline dschallockTopic starter

Adpro update patch?
« on: October 20, 2015, 02:45:51 PM »
With a huge thank you to Daniel and the SACC  club I was able to score a great copy of Adpro 2.5 with the manual. As far as I know the last version released was 2.5.1.1 (maybe?)...  I was wondering if there is a patch out there for 2.5 that will bring it up to the last version?
Thanks!

Offline number6

Re: Adpro update patch?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 03:04:31 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;797715
With a huge thank you to Daniel and the SACC  club I was able to score a great copy of Adpro 2.5 with the manual. As far as I know the last version released was 2.5.1.1 (maybe?)...  I was wondering if there is a patch out there for 2.5 that will bring it up to the last version?
Thanks!

First, the program performs differently depending on whether you use OS3.x or OS4.x.
Second, there might be files in your version that have been replaced since release. Some exist on aminet, some not.

I'd need to know more. It might be best for you to just report what features are working and what features are not, along with complete version output from problematic files.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 03:30:57 PM »
Quote from: number6;797717
First, the program performs differently depending on whether you use OS3.x or OS4.x.
Second, there might be files in your version that have been replaced since release. Some exist on aminet, some not.

I'd need to know more. It might be best for you to just report what features are working and what features are not, along with complete version output from problematic files.

Hi Numbers6, Thanks for replying.
There is nothing wrong with my version of Adpro.  I just bought a boxed version of 2.5
I installed and it works fine.  No problems.
I have researched, although I'm not positive, that 2.5.1 (a small update to what I have) is in fact the last version of the program released.  I was looking for an update patch to bring my 2.5 to 2.5.1  I may have heard there was even a 2.5.1.1 but, I honestly don't know the last release that came out.
So, I am running OS 3.9 on a real Amiga, with a real copy of 2.5 ADPRO (with a real serial) and it works great.  Just looking for the last update. :)

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;797720
Hi Numbers6, Thanks for replying.
There is nothing wrong with my version of Adpro.  I just bought a boxed version of 2.5
I installed and it works fine.  No problems.
I have researched, although I'm not positive, that 2.5.1 (a small update to what I have) is in fact the last version of the program released.  I was looking for an update patch to bring my 2.5 to 2.5.1  I may have heard there was even a 2.5.1.1 but, I honestly don't know the last release that came out.
So, I am running OS 3.9 on a real Amiga, with a real copy of 2.5 ADPRO (with a real serial) and it works great.  Just looking for the last update. :)

I understand what you are looking for. I'm just saying that until you load every conceivable variant of a .jpg file for example, you might not know just how much really "works". Same can be said of .iff vs multipic, 040 versions vs 030 versions of operators, and much more.

Example: note references to what exists under OS3.x
another example

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:58:04 PM by number6 »

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »
Quote from: number6;797722
I understand what you are looking for. I'm just saying that until you load every conceivable variant of a .jpg file for example, you might now know just how much really "works". Same can be said of .iff vs multipic, 040 versions vs 030 versions of operators, and much more.

Ahh, ok, I understand now.  In fact I did try to load a very newly created jpg from my pc into the freshly installed adpro and it did seem to have a problem with it.
Is there a centralized place where the latest versions of loaders/savers/operators for adpro are organized?  Does the 2.5.1 bring everything up to latest and greatest or does that version still require bits and pieces to be collected from the amiverse to be latest and best working version?

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »
Haha. You're like me. I just want the latest version of stuff, I don't care if it actually addresses any of the issues I might be having. ;)

Old saying: "For every new version of a program that's released, 10 bugs are fixed, but 10 new ones are created." ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline number6

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;797725
Ahh, ok, I understand now.  In fact I did try to load a very newly created jpg from my pc into the freshly installed adpro and it did seem to have a problem with it.
Is there a centralized place where the latest versions of loaders/savers/operators for adpro are organized?  Does the 2.5.1 bring everything up to latest and greatest or does that version still require bits and pieces to be collected from the amiverse to be latest and best working version?

I added 2 examples to my post above since you posted.
I'm not sure how to go about consolidation of the pieces. I received their last copy of materials, which included Mainview as their new viewer. I think "view" was standard until then. Although this viewer might be irrelevant today, if you don't have it, then you surely don't have the last version of AdPro.
I'm not even sure what parts can be made public. I know Perry S Kivolowitz was at Amiga 30th Mountain View and I just hope that this subject was raised. Perry is an amiga.org member as well. Let's see if we get a response to your questions.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:06:46 PM by number6 »

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 04:11:03 PM »
According to this thread 2.5.1 was indeed the latest version.  Seems like several folks made it available in the past, may possibly still be there?

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=20640
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:17:15 PM by Oldsmobile_Mike »
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 04:28:32 PM »
@thread

guys, just a note of caution. amiga.org does not allow linking to sites distributing copyrighted material without permission. just fyi....

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 05:05:23 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;797734
@thread

guys, just a note of caution. amiga.org does not allow linking to sites distributing copyrighted material without permission. just fyi....

-- eliyahu

Totally understand.  And just for clarification, I was not looking for an illegal copy of software.  I was asking if there was a freely distributed update patch to my legally owned software.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 05:35:38 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;797726
Haha. You're like me. I just want the latest version of stuff, I don't care if it actually addresses any of the issues I might be having. ;)

Old saying: "For every new version of a program that's released, 10 bugs are fixed, but 10 new ones are created." ;)

I know.. your right.  But I want the latest! hahaha.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 06:03:36 PM »
Art Department Professional 2.5.1 is legally available from the TOSEC Amiga Collection hosted on archive.org.

edit: link removed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:13:07 PM by eliyahu »
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;797751
Art Department Professional 2.5.1 is legally available from the TOSEC Amiga Collection hosted on archive.org.

Thank you Nicholas for providing the link and for clearing up the legality!

edit: link removed
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:13:27 PM by eliyahu »

Offline pkivolowitz

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 04:45:05 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;797751
Why would you assume that site holds "legal" distributions?

edit: link removed
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:13:51 PM by eliyahu »

Offline nicholas

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 08:30:56 AM »
Quote from: pkivolowitz;797873
Why would you assume that site holds "legal" distributions?

Why would you assume it doesn't?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini