Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology acquires TuneNet  (Read 2758 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

A-EON Technology acquires TuneNet
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:14:17 PM »
A-EON Technology acquires TuneNet
Cardiff, 26th May 2015

A-EON Technology Ltd is pleased to announce that it has purchased the rights to TuneNet, the multi-format Music Player and Internet Radio Streamer for AmigaOS 4 from its developer, Paul Heams.

As part of the agreement A-EON has acquired the exclusive rights to the full TuneNet source code, binaries and plugins along with the worldwide exclusive rights to publish and distribute the software and its plugins.

A-EON has also acquired the TuneNet web domain and exclusive rights to all trade names for product marketing, promotion and branding for the AmigaOS and Amiga-related operating systems including emulation.

Meanwhile Paul Heams will retain the non-exclusive rights to the "audio re-sampling class" source code for other projects.

TuneNet is a modular multi-format player which was developed from the ground up by Paul Heams in 2004.  It supports a range of music formats through special plugins and includes recording and Shout/Ice-cast broadcasting.  It also includes a system GUI along with a customisable miniature dock facility and XML drive skinnable interface.  Over the years, TuneNet has received many notable upgrades.  It was made freely available on OS4Depot and was also bundled as a third-party contribution with AmigaOS 4.1

In recent years, due to changing work commitments, Paul hasn’t been able to devote time to support and update TuneNet.  Rather than let his creation stagnate Paul said, “I’ve realised for quite a while that TuneNet needed a new home. I just did not have the time to give it the attention it deserved and I’m really pleased that A-EON have taken up the challenge to drive it forward”. Matthew Leaman added,“TuneNet is quality AmigaOS software and we look forward to building on Paul’s excellent legacy”.

For more information please visit:
http://www.a-eon.com
http://www.tunenet.co.uk

www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: A-EON Technology acquires TuneNet
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
I'm curious.  Not to criticize, or maybe I'm just misunderstanding, or not using the site correctly.  I was able to purchase Personal Paint through there successfully and it works great, I love it, however when I look at the A-Eon website I see links for the following:

- ImageFX, links to "imagefx.amistore.net", however when you click on it it just dumps you back at http://www.a-eon.com

- OctaMed, links to "octamed.amistore.net", but when you click on it it just goes to the main AmiStore site with no mention of being able to buy OctaMed.

- Aladdin4D, links to "aladdin4d.amistore.net", but also just dumps to the main AmiStore site with no option to purchase.

So, please don't take this too harshly, but I want to support some of these projects but how do I buy them???  It looks like you're buying up a bunch of software but then not releasing it?  Or are you saying that these programs like ImageFX, OctaMed, and Aladdin4D are being updated to only work under OS4, since that is the only version of the OS that's able to use AmiStore?  I can't be the only one with these questions, right?

In other words, the website is a little short on information.  Thanks!  :D  LOL

PS - when is Prisma Megamix going to be released??  :laughing:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 11:38:38 PM »
Unrelated to my above comment, are you certain that "Eagles of Death Metal - I Want You So Hard" was an appropriate choice of music for taking the screenshot for your flyer with?  Wow, you guys rock out!  Cheers!   :banana:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline danwood

• Show only replies by danwood
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 02:12:27 AM »
Interesting news, Tunenet is one of the few Os4 programs I actually miss using, is there any chance of an OS3 port?  Would love to run it on my A4000.

Offline TrevorDick

• Amiga Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by TrevorDick
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:29:25 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;790088
Unrelated to my above comment, are you certain that "Eagles of Death Metal - I Want You So Hard" was an appropriate choice of music for taking the screenshot for your flyer with?  Wow, you guys rock out!  Cheers!   :banana:

The other radio station was Classic FM, we try to cater for all tastes! ;-)

TrevorD
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:04:31 AM by TrevorDick »
Supporting all Amiga flavours

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 02:38:11 AM »
Quote from: TrevorDick;790111
The other radio station was Classic FM, we tray to cater for all tastes! ;-)

Nice.  :)

Offline apsturk

• Show only replies by apsturk
    • http://amigaonthelake.com
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 02:49:21 AM »
Now there is the "Man on the silver mountain" I live an hour from where Ronnie grew up. OS4.1 + TuneNet + Ronnie, now things are looking good  :)
AmigaOnTheLake.com
AmigaOne X1000 | OS4.1FE | Radeon R9 280X | 480Gb SSD | 4Gb | 27 ViewSonic VP2770|
Amiga 500 | CPU 68010| Megachip 2 meg | Kickstart 3.1 | GVP 500HD+8 ROM 4.15 8 meg fast ram | ECS Indevision | SCSI2SD 4gig | BetterWB 4.0 | CD - Zip drives and Plipbox.
Amiga 1200 | Indivision 1200 AGA MK2cr | CF 4gig | ACA 1233 55.55mhz | OS3.9 | FastATA 1200 MK-V | Rapid Road
2 MorphOS Paid for copies. Running on Mac Mini 1.5Ghz

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »
buying up software is all fine, the question is what to do with it then, what the original coder couldnt have done. whoever would like to pick up instead, needs probably to understand the code and the concepts first. likely not everything is everybody piece of cake, and i only hear of few people associated with aeon who apparently all are working mostly on their own projects and committing a bit to software in related areas. im curious who might be appointed on all that acquired code, because with the current resources doubt it will make a big difference for the community in whose hands it rests.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 11:39:11 AM »
Looks like we have got new software house in the competition what is always good.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 11:52:18 AM »
Quote from: TrevorDick;790111
The other radio station was Classic FM, we try to cater for all tastes! ;-)

TrevorD

Thanks,:). Nice to know their are others who want ClassicFM.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline amoskodare

• Show only replies by amoskodare
    • http://m4rko.com/amiga
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 11:58:55 AM »
Superb!! :D :drink:
C128 + Action Replay, A500+ (KS1.3/KS2.0), A1200, A1200/040, Amiga Forever 2008+09+2016, Amiga Future subscriber, Nokia N900 (Maemo 5), 5 x86/x64 boxes
AmigaOS 4.1 FEu1 on Sam440ep-flex/800MHz/1GB RAM/Radeon 9250 :afro:
AOS4.1 FE Update 1 for Classic (on WinUAE PPC)
m4rko.com/AMIGA

Offline kamelito

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »
They should buy the OS too and put the ressources to move it forward faster IMHO. Be it Morphos or AmigaOS.
It'll mean also improving the 68k version. (AmigaOS)
Kamelito