Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS: AmigaGO Dedicated UAE Laptop  (Read 1991 times)

Description:

Offline c64manTopic starter

• Show only replies by c64man
FS: AmigaGO Dedicated UAE Laptop
« on: September 16, 2014, 08:14:00 PM »
So earlier this year I embarked on a project to see if I could get UAE running on Thin clients and Thin Client Laptops.  I was able to get UAE to run in XP Embedded just fine.  

Heres the blog about it complete with pics and video of it running

http://slandon110.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/amigago-portable-amiga-emulation-machine-final-version/

Im asking $200 shipped internationally anywhere in the USA or $135 shipped in the USA

Or ill accept trades for stuff for my a3k

Offline Nlandas

• Show only replies by Nlandas
Re: FS: AmigaGO Dedicated UAE Laptop
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:24:28 AM »
Quote from: c64man;773195
So earlier this year I embarked on a project to see if I could get UAE running on Thin clients and Thin Client Laptops.  I was able to get UAE to run in XP Embedded just fine.  

Heres the blog about it complete with pics and video of it running

http://slandon110.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/amigago-portable-amiga-emulation-machine-final-version/

Im asking $200 shipped internationally anywhere in the USA or $135 shipped in the USA

Or ill accept trades for stuff for my a3k

Yes, I know this is UAE and you've all been there and done that. However, I really like how these XP embedded thin clients boot directly into the emulated OS on it's own hardware. I know it's still emulated but I think it's a great idea and I'm going to use it with my sons so they can play some of the great games I grew up with.

I have an AmigaGo coming so I'll pop back in and let you know how it works. It should be fun. He also has a thin client desktop version that I also have coming. I plan on setting that one up in our family room. Now I just need to find more working Atari joysticks for my full retro 80s/90s gaming experience.

-Nyle
I think, Therefore - Amiga....

Offline amigakit

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »
@C64man

Are these officially licenced items?  Has the software that is bundled with the laptop been provided with written permission from the respective copyright holders?
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 10:20:54 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;773286
@C64man

Are these officially licenced items?  Has the software that is bundled with the laptop been provided with written permission from the respective copyright holders?

Why do you care?

Offline amigakit

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
I think you know the reasons why.  I do not intend to get into a discussion with you about it.

I care because I have a duty towards users here on this website.

If the items are unlicenced and advertised here then users could unwittingly buy an item thinking it is legitimate product.  This website is not a platform for selling pirated software.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 10:34:26 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;773289
I think you know the reasons why.  I do not intend to get into a discussion with you about it.

I care because I have a duty towards users here on this website.

If the items are unlicenced and advertised here then users could unwittingly buy an item thinking it is legitimate product.  This website is not a platform for selling pirated software.

he can install Amigaforever on it (after getting the licenses). Perfectly legal.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »
He is branding it as "AmigaGO!" with checkmark laptop as well as selling it full of Amiga games and applications.

He needs to have permission to brand it as an "Amiga" product of course.  He also has to have written permission for each copyright holder of games and application he bundles on the laptop unless they are GPL or similar.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 10:44:12 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;773293
He is branding it as "AmigaGO!" with checkmark laptop as well as selling it full of Amiga games and applications.

He needs to have permission to brand it as an "Amiga" product of course.  He also has to have written permission for each copyright holder of games and application he bundles on the laptop unless they are GPL or similar.

I did not thought of this "brand" (even though Amiga is AmigaInc. so they should care). He can preinstall Amigaforever (that includes lots of software). If he adds additional stuff of course he needs permissions.

But my view is that in this slowly shrinking community we all care too much about "copyright owners" and legal things but that is another topic. He should rename it (remove Amiga from name) and preinstall Amigaforever then no "copyright owner" needs a "written permission" anymore.

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
C64Man please PM me with licensing arrangements.
Once this is done, the thread will be unlocked.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.