Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Printing from X1000 via Google Cloud  (Read 751 times)

Description:

Offline SteveHTopic starter

• Show only replies by SteveH
Printing from X1000 via Google Cloud
« on: August 13, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »
This is something I've already mentioned on the Hyperion AOS support forum but thought I'd repeat it here as I know printing is a topic which generates great interest among Amigans!
I recently bought a Samsung Xpress M2022W mono laserjet, which comes with Google Cloudprint. Although I didn't hold out great hopes it would work with my X1000, I was pleased to find I could quickly set Google Cloudprint up via Odyssey browser and now I just upload documents from the X1000 and they print flawlessly.
The beauty is that there is no software required on the Amiga side, so if you have wifi, this is a great way to access modern printers.
Steve

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
Re: Printing from X1000 via Google Cloud
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 02:01:19 PM »
yep once again the internet has helped get around the problem of lack of printer driver. Epson soultion is pretty neat too, they have an email assigned to there printer and agin you just write an email to print off photo, pdf, office doc etc,
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/epson-connect/mobile-printing/email-print.do

pretty neat.

Offline spirantho

Re: Printing from X1000 via Google Cloud
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 03:20:58 PM »
That's excellent. :) Thanks for letting us know!

I do wonder about whoever it was who rated this thread with 1 star though... seems like pretty good news to me!
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!