Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For Sale: SGI Fuel 600 MHz  (Read 657 times)

Description:

Offline TeamBlackFoxTopic starter

• Master SPARC
For Sale: SGI Fuel 600 MHz
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:18:31 PM »
Since I've gotten Mima, my Octane, to a usable state my Fuel has sat  unused in the corner. Therefore I'm putting her up for sale so another  collector into SGI hardware will enjoy her.

Specs:
600MHz R14000 MIPS CPU
2GB RAM
V10 32MB High Bandwidth video card, takes DVI
18GB U160 15k RPM SCSI drive ( Will take 3 more, willing to include a 72GB 10000RPM HDD as well )
Will come wiped with IRIX 6.5.30 with all base CDs installed, including development foundations and libraries
DVD ROM drive

The  condition of the computer is good for its age, some paint on the  corners is chipped  and the front door latch broke so I put some Velcro  on it to enable it to be opened and shut.

This computer is very expandable, you can expand it further with the following upgrades:

R16000 MIPS CPU, up to 900MHz ( Rare though )
4GB RAM ( Takes special DDR RAM, doesn't take standard sizes )
4x U160 SCSI HDDs ( Has two in there currently, an 18GB 15k RPM drive and a 72GB, 10.7k RPM drive )
V12 graphics ( 4x the power of the V10, with 4 times as much vRAM )
4x PCI-X Slots ( Takes soundcards, Firewire, SAS, full list here: http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/PCI_Cards_%28Fuel_Compatible%29 )
2x USB ports ( currently used for mice and keyboard, can take USB soundcards, hubs and HID devices, no mass storage though )

Very high performance, used as a daily driver for a number of weeks. It can browse the internet under FireFox 3 with some minor slowdown, but considering the SGIs are kind of the big brother to the Amiga, its pretty darn good.

The price  for this computer is $300 plus postage via FedEx ground. You will also  get a  Unicomp Model M USB keyboard and a Logitech USB mouse that both  work very well with this setup.

I'm also willing to meet anywhere between Fairfax and Leesburg if a local wants to meet me around there.
After many years in the Amiga community I have decided to leave the Amiga community permanently. If you have a question about SGI or Sun computers please PM me and I will return your contact as soon as I can.