Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Little Big Thing: AmiKit 7 on bootable Flash Disk  (Read 2475 times)

Description:

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

The Little Big Thing: AmiKit 7 on bootable Flash Disk
« on: May 26, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »

Today we reached a milestone in Amiga emulation! We proudly invite anyone interested in this topic to visit our brand new website because...

-

We're very happy to announce that the 7th major update of AmiKit, the high-end Amiga emulation package, has been released on a BOOTABLE compact and sleek solid metal design flash disk. It easily attaches to your keys and provides a capacity of 8 GB, with AmiKit pre-installed! (LIMITED EDITION)

Moreover, our new AmiKit is now available for every major desktop and mobile platform including:

Windows (XP, 7 and 8)
Mac OS X (Intel or PowerPC)
Linux (32bit or 64bit)
Android (v4.2+, ARM7 or x86 CPU)
Real Amiga (v1.0 unofficial, 68030+AGA)

+
AmiKit LIVE BOOT:

As you can see on the screenshot, AmiKit Flash Disk boots into special Linux environment, called AmiPUP, with AmiKit 7 pre-installed!

AmiPUP is a very small lightweight “live boot” Linux system. It works with almost any x86 computer (not including Macs) that can boot from CD or USB.
At boot, AmiPUP loads EVERYTHING into RAM, so all applications load blazing fast! Changes can be saved to the USB or multi-session CD boot device (or not at all). The host system is never touched!

Thank you for your support. Enjoy!!

http://amikit.amiga.sk/
[/SIZE]

Offline Retrofan

• Show only replies by Retrofan
Re: The Little Big Thing: AmiKit 7 on bootable Flash Disk
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:10:20 PM »
Marvellous !
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline amigasociety

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »
So does it work and boot on Mac or not.

Here it appears to say yes...

Windows (XP, 7 and 8)
Mac OS X (Intel or PowerPC)
Linux (32bit or 64bit)
Android (v4.2+, ARM7 or x86 CPU)
Real Amiga (v1.0 unofficial, 68030+AGA)

But then here it seems to say no.

"It works with almost any x86 computer (not including Macs)"

So which is it?  

I have a Mac Mini Intel based.

TJ
AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor)
AmigaOne X5000

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
@amigasociety

Sorry for confusion. Let me explain:

AmiKit DOES WORK on Mac, of course. This means you have to boot your Mac OS X first and then install & run AmiKit (supplied as .dmg installer).

AmiPUP is a different story. It is an independent bootable Linux environment where AmiKit is pre-installed. This means the computer boots into AmiPUP directly. No other host OS is required. While AmiPUP works with almost any x86 computer, it does not work with Macs. So, unfortunately, you cannot use AmiPUP to boot your Mac.

Anyway, the AmiKit USB flash disks contains AmiKit for Mac (as well as for other platforms) and bootable AmiPUP (which, like I said, doesn't work with Macs).

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:56:13 PM »
@AmiKit

Just got mine on the weekend. Great Job!

Many Thanks,

M