Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two Picasso II's  (Read 575 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_MikeTopic starter

Two Picasso II's
« on: April 16, 2014, 02:22:49 AM »
I have these over on Amibay, figure I'll put them here for a little while too before deciding to ebay them:

I've decided to put my two Picasso II ]video cards up for sale. I purchased these as part of my A2000 project but ultimately went with a GVP Spectrum, instead.

Each card has a small copper heatsink stuck on the graphics chip (not because they overheat or anything, but just because Amiga hardware isn't being made anymore... why not stick heatsinks on everything?) as well as the resistor snipped so that they'll work with modern ]LCD monitors. I've tested both of these cards extensively and aside from compatibility issues with the Indivision ECS (which I believe affects all Picasso's), they both work perfectly. One is a Rev. 1.6, one is Rev. 1.4. I can include a CD with the latest 2.1c version of Picasso96 software.

I paid over $200 each for these cards, plus international shipping from Europe. I'd been trying to trade one for some 16MB GVP simm's but no takers. Will sell for $200 flat, each, includes shipping with tracking # anywhere in the continental US. Buyer pays PayPal fees. No international shipping, please, I work three jobs and don't have time for that hassle. :(

Below is a pic, let me know if you have any questions. :D
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Amigoat

• Show only replies by Amigoat
Re: Two Picasso II's
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 05:33:17 AM »
Hi -

Which resistor is cut for LCD compatibility? And, just out of curiousity, why does it have to be cut?

Thanks.

Ernie

Offline Oldsmobile_MikeTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »
Quote from: Amigoat;762635
Which resistor is cut for LCD compatibility? And, just out of curiousity, why does it have to be cut?

There's tons of threads on this subject.  If you do a google search for "Picasso II resistor" they'll come up.  Here's one with some good info, note the comments by rkaeur and mech, two very knowledgeable Amiga users.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=51133
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Amigoat

• Show only replies by Amigoat
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 03:25:34 AM »
Thanks for the leads.

Ernie