Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Video Toaster Syncing Problems...  (Read 970 times)

Description:

Offline DiskChrisTopic starter

• Show only replies by DiskChris
Video Toaster Syncing Problems...
« on: March 14, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
I'm having trouble getting my Video Toaster 2000 to sync. I have an Amiga 2000 with fat agnus hooked to a vga monitor with an indivision ecs.  The video toaster works fine with nothing on the inputs, the switcher comes up and with tvs hooked up to the output and preview I can use the wipes and everything. But whenever I try to start the video toaster with *anything* plugged in (dvd player, game console) the picture starts rolling and waving on all monitors, including the vga, and it says "Video Toaster Not Responding". I've tried doing a center frequency adjustment, and while I can see the picture changing, it doesn't seem to help no matter how much I turn it. I've tried plugging an a520 into the rgb output and I've even tried a different toaster card...Could it be some setting with the indivision ecs?? I haven't tried to take out, but I really don't want to since the socket is extremely fragile. According to the manual it is video toaster compatible...

Offline Bigbronc

• Show only replies by Bigbronc
    • http://www.AnyNameAnyState.com
Re: Video Toaster Syncing Problems...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »
Are you using a Time base corrector? I use kitchen sync cards, it fixes all that ripping and tearing of the non sync signals.
:python:

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 07:25:37 PM »
I do have a tbc but I haven't used it. I don't think the signals should need it since they aren't coming from an analog medium like vhs. That and I'm not exactly sure how to hook it up...:roflmao:

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 07:56:30 PM »
Yeah, TBC shouldn't be required for a modern digital source like DVD player of DV cam.

Have you tried calibrating the Toaster? There's a program to do so that should have been installed alongside everything else.

As to the Indivision, the only thing I can think of is to turn the 60Hz override off, if it isn't already.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 08:50:07 PM »
Haven't tried calibrating it...what program? AutoHue?

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 10:23:07 PM »
I thought there was a ToasterCallibrate program or such? It's been a while since I've done this. Maybe it is AutoHue. Do you know what version of the Toaster software you have?

Definitely take a look at this Toaster FAQ. This thing was an absolute goldmine when I was setting up my system.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 10:27:09 PM »
It's toaster 2.0. Yeah that's a great site, will check it out. Thanks!