Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Boomerang B103P Gamepad  (Read 506 times)

Description:

Offline LurchTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
The Boomerang B103P Gamepad
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:30:05 AM »
So just received two of these and thought this would be the answer, but there are a couple of flaws that I can't overlook

So thought I'd mention it here for other people who are looking at a gamepad.

The first flaw I noticed when getting them out of the box is the seriously short cable, I'm thinking this was designed for sitting next to a wedge case and even then not long enough.

My other joysticks I have are two to three times longer and give you some breathing room, but with these gamepads I have to sit straight up and very close I can't lean back.

The button labelled fire isn't that comfortable and is raised higher than the rest and doesn't feel natural (maybe I'm too use to xbox 360 controllers which just feel right).

The autofire fire button is okay, but can't get the turbo autofire to work. (Was playing gauntlet ][) so will hold my verdict on that until I've tried afew more games.

The gamepad feels okay in the hand, and is actually a good size. The D-Pad is okay seems to have positive feedback and clicks a little at first.

After 45 minutes or so I think I might go back to a joystick or the Amiga -> PSX adapter combo.

For the price I guess I can't complain and for that I give it a 3 out 5. With an extra .5 for the random colours on the buttons on every controller :-)
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub

Offline EgillSkallagrimsson

• Show only replies by EgillSkallagrimsson
Re: The Boomerang B103P Gamepad
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:37:24 AM »
Is that d-pad as awkward as it looks? It looks like a Genesis controller with the d-pad rotated a quarter inch to the left.
Escom A4000T (CS-PPC, Picasso IV, Deneb, DVD burner, scsi->ide->cf adapter, 36gb scsi hdd, 750zip)

Offline LurchTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
Re: The Boomerang B103P Gamepad
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:41:54 AM »
It's not the worse one I've used but reminds me of the genesis controller. It's comfortable, not sure if it's any good for a serious button mashing in something like IK+.

Tending back to the ol'Joystick. Might have to look for a CD32 controller or something.
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub