Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BetterWB 3.3  (Read 1499 times)

Description:

Offline GulliverTopic starter

BetterWB 3.3
« on: February 21, 2014, 08:28:30 AM »
BetterWB 3.3        21-FEB-2014

This is a new version of BetterWB workbench pack, that aims to be an enhancement, an updated extension to AmigaOS 3.1, without all those hardware requirement typically associated with these kind of packs. It is indeed a better 3.1 than 3.1 itself!

BetterWB works on any Amiga. It installs on top of a clean AmigaOS 3.1 installation. It is distributed as a set of floppy images and occupies about 10MB of harddrive space.

Changes since last version:

-Updated icon.library to version 46.4.332
-Added showboards command so that we can detect some ACA accelerators (WhichAmiga fails with some of them)
-Added PowerSnap commodity for enhanced clipboard functionality
-Redit 1.8 replaces the aging Ed and gives you much more functionality
-Added a new "IconSet" preferences app that lets you switch between different built-in icon types
-Plus Many more fixes and minor enhancements

You can download BetterWB from its homepage at:

http://lilliput.amiga-projects.net/BetterWB.htm

Re: BetterWB 3.3
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:18:26 PM »
For those that wish to update BetterWB 3.2 to 3.3 here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/hasy5a9b1dnrhy1/Update32to33.zip) you can find a zip file and either choose the adf or dms floppy image and use the supplied installer.

Offline Faerytale

• Show only replies by Faerytale
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:14:46 PM »
NicE :) I will do my first BetterWB install this weekend!
Good work!

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 01:55:49 AM »
Gulliver: You're still at this hugh? Very cool very cool! When I get the 1200 you sold me recapped, I'll have to put this on it in tribute to where it came from and all it's been through. :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 06:00:41 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;759407
Gulliver: You're still at this hugh? Very cool very cool! When I get the 1200 you sold me recapped, I'll have to put this on it in tribute to where it came from and all it's been through. :)

Sounds great!
That A1200 is indeed a survivor! :)

Offline duga

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »
Quote from: Gulliver;759351
BetterWB 3.3        21-FEB-2014

This is a new version of BetterWB workbench pack, that aims to be an enhancement, an updated extension to AmigaOS 3.1, without all those hardware requirement typically associated with these kind of packs. It is indeed a better 3.1 than 3.1 itself!

BetterWB works on any Amiga. It installs on top of a clean AmigaOS 3.1 installation. It is distributed as a set of floppy images and occupies about 10MB of harddrive space.

Changes since last version:

-Updated icon.library to version 46.4.332
-Added showboards command so that we can detect some ACA accelerators (WhichAmiga fails with some of them)
-Added PowerSnap commodity for enhanced clipboard functionality
-Redit 1.8 replaces the aging Ed and gives you much more functionality
-Added a new "IconSet" preferences app that lets you switch between different built-in icon types
-Plus Many more fixes and minor enhancements

You can download BetterWB from its homepage at:

http://lilliput.amiga-projects.net/BetterWB.htm

You should really change the title from "BoingBag 4" to something better fitting.

Offline Madshib

• Show only replies by Madshib
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »
Please keep this up! I love this and keep my 1200 up to date with this fantastic package!

Thank You!!!!