Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Puffy Squad Collector’s Edition includes Amiga version  (Read 5135 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Puffy Squad Collector’s Edition includes Amiga version
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:22:21 AM »
News from gamesasylum.

System 3’s platformer Putty Squad headlines the news section in this month’s Retro Gamer magazine.

As well as confirming that the retro revamp – first announced way back in 2010 – is still alive and bouncing, it also has been revealed that the newly announced collector’s edition will contain something very special – the Amiga version on disk.

Read more via the link below.

http://www.gamesasylum.com/2013/10/10/putty-squad-spawns-a-very-special-collectors-edition/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:24:50 AM by SysAdmin »
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
Re: Puffy Squad Collector’s Edition includes Amiga version
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;749789
News from gamesasylum.

System 3’s platformer Putty Squad headlines the news section in this month’s Retro Gamer magazine.

As well as confirming that the retro revamp – first announced way back in 2010 – is still alive and bouncing, it also has been revealed that the newly announced collector’s edition will contain something very special – the Amiga version on disk.

http://www.gamesasylum.com/2013/10/10/putty-squad-spawns-a-very-special-collectors-edition/

I do not want the PS 3l, PS 4, xbox 360 or Wii U version.....I want only the Amiga version.....I only want to play it on the Amiga....so where can I buy the Amiga version in the 3.5" floppy disk?

Offline Senex

• Show only replies by Senex
    • http://www.amiga-news.de/standard
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 06:59:43 AM »
Hm, I wonder, though, if it's really the finished version or just the demo:
http://www.abime.net/games/view/game/id/4395

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:27:44 AM »
if this is true, its excellent news!
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 02:00:03 PM »
Lies, all lies!
CD32
A500

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
How would you play the Amiga original from a PS3 Bluray disk? ;)

Offline LaserBack

• Show only replies by LaserBack
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 07:03:47 PM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;749789
News from gamesasylum.

seems they will include the demo in 1 floppy
The full game is 2 disks as was stated in some reviews in magazines in 1994-1995

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
Quote from: LaserBack;749841
The full game is 2 disks as was stated in some reviews in magazines in 1994-1995

So we are not getting full version again?? :(

I WANT TO BUY NEW AMIGA GAMES IN 2013 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:......I want to get them in boxes, and manuals and floppy disks and have versions work on A500 and other versions work only A1200...I want that again....

Offline Senex

• Show only replies by Senex
    • http://www.amiga-news.de/standard
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 06:22:59 AM »
Quote from: LaserBack;749841

In addition I've sent an inquiry to System 3 yesterday morning to inform our readers accordingly, but at least until now (24 h laters) there has been no reply besides the automatically generated confirmation of receipt.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
Re: Putty Squad Collector’s Edition includes Amiga version
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 03:29:54 PM »
Small typo in the title.

I remember playing a demo of this game, kinda neat that they're actually putting it on old fashioned floppy media as well.

Offline LaserBack

• Show only replies by LaserBack
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
Quote from: Senex;749881
In addition I've sent an inquiry to System 3 yesterday morning to inform our readers accordingly, but at least until now (24 h laters) there has been no reply besides the automatically generated confirmation of receipt.

sorry but they will not reply to your question
or if they reply they will say you some lie
ppl of system 3 are very well known cheaters , specially Mark Cale and a gold digger woman called Chandra

Offline codetapper

• Show only replies by codetapper
    • Codetapper's Retro Site
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 11:14:16 AM by codetapper »

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 10:06:19 AM »
hi codetapper (really wonderful website, btw), as unfortunate as it is, you've got to give the guy a break. Like you mentioned on your site, he probably has no idea about the current state of the Amiga market and is aiming the game for ex-Amiga users anyway. You know, the type of people that still have their a1200 in the attic but havent kept up since '96 or something. If you look at it that way, his story does make sense. Ofcourse what he did wrong was promising the game in an interview while he hadnt done the requested research about disk mastering. If you politely write in and inform him about the average Amiga user these days, he may just include it on mini-cd or download code with the remake, or better, just provide a download link. Also I have no problem paying online for a download link.

I may be totally wrong since I dont know anything about this guy really, but I have the feeling you need to give him a chance if you want to see the game released. We have never been so close.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline gaula92

• Show only replies by gaula92
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 10:10:59 AM »
I like your idea, codetapper. Sooner or later, this idiot will be looking for another job as CEO (after seeing the lame remake they're trying to market, it's happening for sure), and having that as a relevant search result is going to hurt him like a kick in the balls :D

Offline danwood

• Show only replies by danwood
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »
Quote from: gaula92;751709
I like your idea, codetapper. Sooner or later, this idiot will be looking for another job as CEO (after seeing the lame remake they're trying to market, it's happening for sure), and having that as a relevant search result is going to hurt him like a kick in the balls :D

Oh there's lots in the industry who know about Cale's lies and shady business practises:

Check Codetapper's thread on EAB for some words from devs:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=916132&postcount=44