Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Superbyte 2013 – chiptune, retro gaming & 8 bit arts weekender  (Read 1011 times)

Description:

Offline nicholasTopic starter

SUPERBYTE 2013 – CHIPTUNE, RETRO GAMING & 8 BIT ARTS WEEKENDER

In September 2012 we hosted SuperByte 2012 – a musical and  cultural first for Manchester in the form of an all day micromusic and  retro gaming festival which was one of the largest of its kind in the  UK.

On Friday 13th and Saturday 14th of  September 2013, the UK and international micromusic community will  descend on Jabez Clegg in Manchester for two days of live music, visual  arts, retro gaming and more as part of SuperByte 2013 -  an event which  is looking to be bigger, bolder and bleepier than its 2012 counterpart.

Chiptune (or micromusic as we like to call it) is music which is  produced on, or takes inspiration from the sounds of vintage video game  hardware or computer systems; using outdated technology to produce  mind-blowing audio and visual spectacles which defy the limits of the  hardware.
 MegaByte, the collective of promoters, artists and DJ’s who hosted  SuperByte 2012, have joined forces with seminal ‘net label  CalmDownKidder (promoters of Liverpool’s Chipfest events) for 2013’s  event which will feature an impressive line up of UK-based and  international micromusicians, visual artists and DJ’s representing the  cream of the chiptune and retro-tech scene.  The confirmed line up  includes:
 8 BIT WEAPON | BROKEN BIT | COMPTROLLER | EAT RABBIT | GWEM | KEFF |  MENEO | MIZKAI | NORDLOEF | ORGAN FREEMAN | SABREPULSE | SHIROBON | SKIP  CLOUD | TDK | ULTRASYD | WHITELY | HELLOCATFOOD | LASTKNIGHT | JAYSON H  | ROSA MENKMAN | SPECTRUM | 8GB + MORE.

Alongside live music and visuals arts from over 30 artists, the event  will a retro gaming area, a retro-tech market space, film art  exhibitions, workshops and much more to present what we hope will build  on the immense success of 2012’s event to become one of the biggest  events of its kind in the UK to date.

More than just a music festival, we’re working to create a grass  roots community of like minded people in the North West UK and to  provide a platform for networking, the sharing of ideas and skills.  While showcasing the work of some of the amazing local and international  musicians and artists within the chipmusic community, we’re always  working to attract new audiences to this exciting and unique style of  music and art and create the ultimate party atmosphere.

Between January and March we raised over £2500 via our Kickstarter  campaign which offered early bird tickets and exclusive merchandise to  our supporters, setting us well on the way to making the festival a  success.

For further information please contact: Adrian Thompson
e: adrian@analoguetrashevents.co.uk
w: www.superbytefestival.co.uk
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholasTopic starter

Re: Superbyte 2013 – chiptune, retro gaming & 8 bit arts weekender
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:58:07 PM »
Anyone going?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini