amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:26 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion General chat about Amiga topics Amibay issues

General chat about Amiga topics This forum is for conversations which are specifically "Amiga" related, but don't fit into other categories. Contents of this forum do appear on the main page, unlike Talk About. If a subject appears to be non-related, it will be moved to Talk About.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #41
desiv
Defender of the Faith
Points: 6,191, Level: 51 Points: 6,191, Level: 51 Points: 6,191, Level: 51
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%

Default Re: Amibay issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACC-guy View Post
One item, what does it mean "paypay gift or pay fee"
I thought amibay didn't have fees?
Yeah, as mentioned, it's Paypal fees, not Amibay fees...

Just my preference (there are several large threads on Amibay about this), I always prefer to not use paypal gift and pay the fees.
Yes, you can save a few bucks (usually it is just a few bucks), but you lose any/all paypal backing if you use paypal gift.

Worth it to me to do that....

My personal recommendation, don't ever use paypal gift to purchase something from someone you don't actually know. No matter how safe the site feels.

Have fun...

desiv
Old 04-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #42
psxphill
Defender of the Faith
Points: 7,046, Level: 55 Points: 7,046, Level: 55 Points: 7,046, Level: 55
Activity: 58% Activity: 58% Activity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
Just my preference (there are several large threads on Amibay about this), I always prefer to not use paypal gift and pay the fees.
Yes, you can save a few bucks (usually it is just a few bucks), but you lose any/all paypal backing if you use paypal gift.
I got burned like that, damn scammer.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #43
Lurch
Lifetime Member
Points: 15,475, Level: 80 Points: 15,475, Level: 80 Points: 15,475, Level: 80
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Send a message via MSN to Lurch

Without Amibay I wouldn't have been able to purchase most of the Amiga gear I have. I also found out about hardware projects that only seem to be advertised there.

The mods are also very fair and helpful, so very puzzled by the negative remarks.

To be honest one get's tired of the same old waste of time argumentative school yard threads as soon as the word Amibay is mentioned.

None of which helps the Op with their issue.

I'm sure the email is being sent, most likely it's in a spam folder or something, if not one of the mod's there usually help out.

Of course as with anything Amiga it's a hobby site so to expect an answer straight away is not the way to go.

They answer you :-)
Old 04-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #44
Retro_71
Cult Member
Points: 6,851, Level: 54 Points: 6,851, Level: 54 Points: 6,851, Level: 54
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

I have been a member there for a while and have had no issues at all with them, in fact if it wasn't for amibay i would have alot of my gear. All the sellers i have used where great and very helpful. and as for the problem of joining it wasn't that hard a few extra clicks is worth it.

Like it has been said before the people that mostly got banned were reselling the items they got very cheap elsewhere for much higher prices so they deserved what they got. Funny that said people keep trying to get back in.... wonder why??
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast..
Old 04-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #45
magnetic
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 16,487, Level: 82 Points: 16,487, Level: 82 Points: 16,487, Level: 82
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedGeek View Post
If you were banned for breaking those rules then you should blame the person most responsible... yourself!

I was banned for reselling an 030 cpu card so I could get the 060 i have now. I sold the card to someone else, who posted it on ebay. The mods at Amibay internet stalked both me and my friend in their "investigation" (that still makes me laugh) and I got banned FOREVER. First offense, never had a problem before, a few sucessful trades under my belt with feedback (which i still have the items)
(And I wont even address how pissed off my friend was with the invasion of privacy and these idiot mods netstalking her)

So you are telling me that this is just and makes sense? And to another amiga community member? You are DELUDED.

Oh and almost forgot I GOT BANNED FROM EAB FOR POSTING MAYBE 2 POSTS ANTI AMIBAY so ONCE AGAIN BANNED FOR LIFE FIRST OFFENSE. So this goes to show you how ridiculous and power hungry these idiots are.

ILL STATE IT AGAIN VERY ANTI AMIGA SPIRIT

Just a bunch of HOARDERS trading with eachother.

Amiga Technologies A1200 HD | Blizzard 1260@66mhz | 128mb | OS 3.9 | Indivision MK2

Amiga 600 | 3.1 Rom | 2mb Chip 5mb Fast VAMPIRE FPGA ACCELERATOR 68000@87 mhz | ClassicWB 68k
Old 04-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #46
Zetr0
Beginner
Points: 305, Level: 6 Points: 305, Level: 6 Points: 305, Level: 6
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

@magnetic

There is no need for personal attacks against your fellow members here, I am sorry that you feel so aggrieved at being banned from an unrelated site - but there is no need to claim that because a member here has a different point of view that they are delusional - thats kinda poor form to say the least.

I was saddened but not surprised that you were also banned from EAB - your actions were in contrary to their rules - you were warned several times - sadly your angst got the better of you and you were banned as a result of ignoring their rules and a direct request from their staff to "pack it in"

I am sure that if you approach EAB with a review to re-instating your account I am sure that they would listen and consider it - I know the moderators there are fair in their dealings with members. Some times anger gets the best of us and I am sure that they understand that.

In regards to your wild assertions of internet stalking - I have to admit it does make me chuckle, as nothing of the sort had taken place - after all "your friend" used - copied verbatim - the AmiBay advert of the item you had received about 3 days prior - quite interesting when you claim "your friend" knew nothing about AmiBay.

Its also interesting that you "flipped it" to a friend whom also "flipped it" immediately on eBay - these are your own statements. I wonder if you do read your text before you click "post quick reply"?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #47
eliyahu
Lifetime Member
Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

@thread

ok. this has gone far enough. if members have an issue with another site, please take it up with that site's management.

thread is now locked.

-- eliyahu