Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DPS PAR Personal Animation Recorder Help  (Read 1236 times)

Description:

Offline mistermskTopic starter

• Show only replies by mistermsk
DPS PAR Personal Animation Recorder Help
« on: March 05, 2013, 04:13:24 PM »
Hi All,

I just bought a DPS PAR Personal Animation Recorder off of e-bay. I was looking through the manual and it said to get stills from the Video Toaster, I need a Personnel TBC IV. I have one coming to me. BTW, the PAR comes with a 8 gig HDD.

The reason I bought it, was to do animations with lightwave. Has anyone used this before? I am starting to get out of my element to where the manuals are not helping as much as I need. The manual stated there is a software way to get the renderings over to the PAR. I was used to using lightwave and connecting it to a recorder via a connection from the joystick port 2 to the deck. However, how do I do the frames to the PAR so I can then play them back real time?

Thanks for any help.

Offline videofx

Re: DPS PAR Personal Animation Recorder Help
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »
It's really very simple. The PAR is just another disk drive. Like DF0 for the floppy or DH0 for you hard disk. Did you install the PAR 2.55 software? You need to do this to test the card as well as format the drive so it can be seen by Workbench. Once the software is installed and your PAR formatted then you just use it like any other drive. So when you render in Lightwave you just point it to the PAR drive. Then you can use the PAR software to run the animation on the PAR drive. One of the apps installed when you install the PAR software is the PAR VCR that pop up a GUI like a VCR allowing you to play, rewind, etc your animation.

Hope that helps!

Bill

Offline mistermskTopic starter

• Show only replies by mistermsk
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »
Quote from: videofx;728307
It's really very simple. The PAR is just another disk drive. Like DF0 for the floppy or DH0 for you hard disk. Did you install the PAR 2.55 software? You need to do this to test the card as well as format the drive so it can be seen by Workbench. Once the software is installed and your PAR formatted then you just use it like any other drive. So when you render in Lightwave you just point it to the PAR drive. Then you can use the PAR software to run the animation on the PAR drive. One of the apps installed when you install the PAR software is the PAR VCR that pop up a GUI like a VCR allowing you to play, rewind, etc your animation.

Hope that helps!

Bill

Thank you SO much! I was figuring I had to have some internal wires connected, etc.. from the toaster to that board. Nice to know. I have a P-TBC IV coming and with it I will have all the wires to hook up the PAR and the TBC IV together. I can't wait to render my first animation with it.

BTW, I don't mind making my own animation but for testing, but is there a site that might have a few lightwave examples?

Offline videofx

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »
Are you looking for a lightwave scene or just an animation to test on the PAR? I can create something if I know what you are looking for.