amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:37 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion General chat about Amiga topics Is Vesalia still in business?

General chat about Amiga topics This forum is for conversations which are specifically "Amiga" related, but don't fit into other categories. Contents of this forum do appear on the main page, unlike Talk About. If a subject appears to be non-related, it will be moved to Talk About.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
CyberDez
Merely Curious
Points: 3,883, Level: 39 Points: 3,883, Level: 39 Points: 3,883, Level: 39
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Default Is Vesalia still in business?

Hello to all,
I made a purchase from them two months ago and since I have received nothing. None of my FOUR e-mails about this delay to Vesalia got a reply.
I have happily made other purchases from them in the past so I don't know what now is going wrong.
If someone at Vesalia is reading this post PLEASE contact me, I need to have this problem solved as soon as possible!

Many thanks in advance.
CyberDez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
AmigaClassicRule
Cult Member
Points: 7,270, Level: 56 Points: 7,270, Level: 56 Points: 7,270, Level: 56
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Default Re: Is Vesalia still in business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDez View Post
Hello to all,
I made a purchase from them two months ago and since I have received nothing. None of my FOUR e-mails about this delay to Vesalia got a reply.
I have happily made other purchases from them in the past so I don't know what now is going wrong.
If someone at Vesalia is reading this post PLEASE contact me, I need to have this problem solved as soon as possible!

Many thanks in advance.
You mean you where quite for two month straight without saying anything?

Umm...why?

You know that actually could hurt you if you waited this long more than help you. Besides...you should have purchased from AmigaKit. Their customer service and delivery cannot be beat with other retails online.
AmigaClassicRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
CyberDez
Merely Curious

I have waiting for 3-4 weeks before starting to be worried because in my experience this time is quite normal in shipping from Germany to Italy if ordinary mail is used (no express courier).
But after a month from the order without receiving nothing I have started to write them a mail at week and since I have received NO answer at all.
Please note that in my mails I was simply asking if there were troubles or delay in a friendly manner, no menace and no angry words were made.
I made the order from them because they had in stock some Kickstart 2.0 roms for A3000 and AmigaKit didn't but I repeat once again: in the past I have made other orders frome Vesalia and all was gone well.
Maybe their mail server kick out my emails for some reason so I am trying other ways to contact them.

Last edited by CyberDez; 05-31-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
midway
Too much caffeine
Points: 3,067, Level: 34 Points: 3,067, Level: 34 Points: 3,067, Level: 34
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

They are very fast in shipping. I got a shipment from them after a week I paid. Thats awesome from germany to usa. I like to order from them.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
lolof
Beginner
Points: 7,045, Level: 55 Points: 7,045, Level: 55 Points: 7,045, Level: 55
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

I had also very bad experience with a return here from Germany. I will never buy something again from Vesalia...... amigakit is more reliable, just my opinion.

You should call them by phone, it seems that they do not care of emails....
I ask me even why they have an eMail address !!!!

Good luck
lolof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Markus_Bieler
Technoid
Points: 10,259, Level: 67 Points: 10,259, Level: 67 Points: 10,259, Level: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolof View Post
I had also very bad experience with a return here from Germany. I will never buy something again from Vesalia
Vesalia is very reliable. I was never cheated by them. Try another e-mail or call them.

Markus
Markus_Bieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
hishamk
Too much caffeine
Points: 4,550, Level: 42 Points: 4,550, Level: 42 Points: 4,550, Level: 42

Never had a problem with Vesalia. Ordered twice without any issues.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Lurch
Lifetime Member
Points: 14,630, Level: 78 Points: 14,630, Level: 78 Points: 14,630, Level: 78

Send a message via MSN to Lurch

Have never had a problem with Vesalia, have bought a few things from them. Latest was my ACA1231 :-)
Old 05-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
CyberDez
Merely Curious

I have already tried two other email address alternative to my main with the same result: no answer from them.
Of course I have always reported in every mail the order number and all other references that they could need to track down my purchase.
The funny thing is that if I check the order status on their site it still reports "awaiting dispatch" so I assume the local postmen that should grab my package from Vesalia are regularly killed along their way...
Seriously, I will follow your suggestions and will try to contact them by phone, I don't speak german so I will ask a friend to do that for me.
Let's hope this will clear things once for all, anyway I agree with lolof: very poor customer support...

Last edited by CyberDez; 05-31-2013 at 02:47 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
nicholas
VIP / Donor
Points: 20,487, Level: 90 Points: 20,487, Level: 90 Points: 20,487, Level: 90

They must still be operating as they added me back on Google+ last week.

I've not ordered anything from them for years but never waited more than a week for orders to arrive here in the UK.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
ByteRyder
Beginner
Points: 4,270, Level: 41 Points: 4,270, Level: 41 Points: 4,270, Level: 41

I don't mean to hurt their business but I've also had a similar bad experience from Vesalia.

Sent them a couple e-mails regarding a technical issue with an item that I got from them and they never answered me back.

I mean, I don't mind waiting for an item or send it back if it doesn't work properly, this is retro and alternative systems we're talking about... but IMO the worst thing you can do to a customer is ignore and keep him in the dark.. nnnnnever again.

On the other hand Amigakit has a good support ticket system, and if you need information they will tell you what's going on... so there is where I'm spending my money now.

Good luck.
ByteRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
AmigaClassicRule
Cult Member
Points: 7,270, Level: 56 Points: 7,270, Level: 56 Points: 7,270, Level: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteRyder View Post
I don't mean to hurt their business but I've also had a similar bad experience from Vesalia.

Sent them a couple e-mails regarding a technical issue with an item that I got from them and they never answered me back.

I mean, I don't mind waiting for an item or send it back if it doesn't work properly, this is retro and alternative systems we're talking about... but IMO the worst thing you can do to a customer is ignore and keep him in the dark.. nnnnnever again.

On the other hand Amigakit has a good support ticket system, and if you need information they will tell you what's going on... so there is where I'm spending my money now.

Good luck.
I will never ever order from Vesalia...ever. I am sticking with AmigaKit.com myself
AmigaClassicRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
nicholas
VIP / Donor
Points: 20,487, Level: 90 Points: 20,487, Level: 90 Points: 20,487, Level: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaClassicRule View Post
I will never ever order from Vesalia...ever.
How come?

Quote:
I am sticking with AmigaKit.com myself
Can't say i've ever had cause to complain about any transactions i've had with them in the past.

I need some solder work doing to my A3000 and I know Amigakit would do a great job on it for a reasonable price, i'm just worried about the mobo getting damaged in the post and South Wales is too far for me to travel unless they could guarantee they would do the work the the same day if I took it to them in person.

Hmmm, no harm in asking them I suppose.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #14
cpfuture
VIP / Donor
Points: 6,251, Level: 51 Points: 6,251, Level: 51 Points: 6,251, Level: 51
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDez View Post
I have already tried two other email address alternative to my main with the same result: no answer from them.
Of course I have always reported in every mail the order number and all other references that they could need to track down my purchase.
The funny thing is that if I check the order status on their site it still reports "awaiting dispatch" so I assume the local postmen that should grab my package from Vesalia are regularly killed along their way...
Seriously, I will follow your suggestions and will try to contact them by phone, I don't speak german so I will ask a friend to do that for me.
Let's hope this will clear things once for all, anyway I agree with lolof: very poor customer support...
No matter how many people come here and post that they've had nothing but excellent experiences, it does not take away from the fact that this is really bad customer service. Period. There's just no excuse in my opinion. CyberDez is a paying customer.
cpfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #15
itix
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 12,777, Level: 73 Points: 12,777, Level: 73 Points: 12,777, Level: 73
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

I never had problems. Vesalia deliver and respond quickly. You could try making a phone call or send an email.