Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need manual of Final Writer 97  (Read 1014 times)

Description:

Offline WeiXing3DTopic starter

• Show only replies by WeiXing3D
Need manual of Final Writer 97
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »
Thanks to the help of a fellow Amigan, I have installed and now using Final Writer in my Sam460ex running AmigaOS 4.1 (update 6).

It's quite a complete package so I'm need of finding a PDF copy of the manual. Could anyone point me to a place (link) where I can download it from?
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.

Offline Matt_H

Re: Need manual of Final Writer 97
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
Don't know how helpful this is, but some guidance on what to look for:  There is no manual for Final Writer 97. There's the manual from an earlier version (3 or 4), plus addenda for subsequent versions.

Offline Dandy

• Show only replies by Dandy
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:09:24 AM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;717115

Thanks to the help of a fellow Amigan, I have installed and now using Final Writer in my Sam460ex running AmigaOS 4.1 (update 6).

It's quite a complete package so I'm need of finding a PDF copy of the manual. Could anyone point me to a place (link) where I can download it from?

The copy of FinalWriter I own was part of Softwood's Office 97 package (FinalWriter, FinalData and FinalCalc).
It came with a printed manual.
As I'm German, I have the German manual.
(Wasn't Office 97 available in Germany only?)

I'm not aware that someone made the effort to scan the manual, convert it to PDF and put it on a website for download.
I think doing so you would infringe Softwood's copyrights.

EDIT:
Typo...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:13:34 AM by Dandy »
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 11:35:50 PM »
Quote from: Dandy;717277
The copy of FinalWriter I own was part of Softwood's Office 97 package (FinalWriter, FinalData and FinalCalc).
It came with a printed manual.
As I'm German, I have the German manual.
(Wasn't Office 97 available in Germany only?)

I'm not aware that someone made the effort to scan the manual, convert it to PDF and put it on a website for download.
I think doing so you would infringe Softwood's copyrights.

EDIT:
Typo...

I was eagerly awaiting the complete Softwood Office suite years ago, but it seems like it was never released to English-speaking markets. Or if it was, no one announced it and no one knew :\

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »
I have Softwood programs from Penpal through FinalWriter, including the Win95 version but there was only one manual with some addendums (a few pages).  Unlike PageStream I thought FW was pretty intuitive and the only WYSIWYG program that really means it.

I suppose scanning the manual is possible, but that sucker is almost an inch thick. Selling it is an option too.

Offline motrucker

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »
All most people would need is the 97 addendum. I would scan it, but my manuals have long since, vanished.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+