amiga.org
     
iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Gaming What games are you playing?

Amiga Gaming This forum is dedicated to games software and solutions for the Commodore Amiga computer. Need help blowing up pixels? Know of the next gaming revolution? Talk about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #31
Saeid
Worst member ever!
Points: 206, Level: 4 Points: 206, Level: 4 Points: 206, Level: 4
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
 
Saeid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 30
Default Re: What games are you playing?

My newly purchased A1200T is on the way. Hope it works fine. I also scored original packages of Last Ninja 3 and Flashback on ebay (Hope the disks are working too...badsectors are my nightmare...)

Beside that I play StarCraft II on PC in a competitive manner! Also I play the newly released PlanetSide 2 man loads of people there...

Used to play battlefield 3 too but I got bored at it.
Saeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #32
Andeda
Cult Member
Points: 6,358, Level: 52 Points: 6,358, Level: 52 Points: 6,358, Level: 52
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
Andeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 591
Default Re: What games are you playing?

I do all my Amiga retro gaming on my minimig these days. This month i have been playing paperboy, arkanoid, ik+ and defender of the crown
__________________
Amiga: A computer for the creative mind.

Sam440ep 667Mhz + OS4.1
Minimig (Home made)
A1200/030
A2000/030
A500 * 3
CD32
Andeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #33
motrucker
Premium Member
Points: 15,327, Level: 79 Points: 15,327, Level: 79 Points: 15,327, Level: 79
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
motrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Maryland - U.S.A.
Posts: 2,077
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Right now I am playing BioShock 2 more than anything.
On the Amiga, I just landed a copy of Wizball. I used to play the C-64 version, but the Amiga version is pretty good too. This game is enough to drive you looney on any computer....
motrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
Methuselas
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 13,250, Level: 74 Points: 13,250, Level: 74 Points: 13,250, Level: 74
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
 
Methuselas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Angeles California
Posts: 2,141
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via ICQ to Methuselas Send a message via AIM to Methuselas Send a message via MSN to Methuselas Send a message via Yahoo to Methuselas
Default Re: What games are you playing?

I've been too busy making games to play them. ;P


Although, I'm waiting for the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition to release their Mod tools.....
__________________
'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.' - Bruce Lee

'No, sorry. I don't get my tits out. They're not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...' - Miki Berenyi

'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.' - Dark Helmet

'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a sales pitch.' - Karlos. (I didn't ask, obviously......)
Methuselas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
TheBilgeRat
Defender of the Faith
Points: 9,020, Level: 63 Points: 9,020, Level: 63 Points: 9,020, Level: 63
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
TheBilgeRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dundee, OR
Posts: 1,622
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Just finished up Black Mesa and am replaying through the original Half-Life.
TheBilgeRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #36
lassie
Cult Member
Points: 4,273, Level: 41 Points: 4,273, Level: 41 Points: 4,273, Level: 41
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
lassie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denmark
Posts: 624
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeid View Post
My newly purchased A1200T is on the way. Hope it works fine. I also scored original packages of Last Ninja 3 and Flashback on ebay (Hope the disks are working too...badsectors are my nightmare...)

Beside that I play StarCraft II on PC in a competitive manner! Also I play the newly released PlanetSide 2 man loads of people there...

Used to play battlefield 3 too but I got bored at it.
That is cool games, yes i am more worried about the diskettes not working, than the Amiga 1200. Very nice it is a tower
__________________
Amiga 4000 030 18 MB ram. 16 Gb Hard disk.
Amiga 1200 030 34 MB ram. 8 Gb Hard disk.
Amiga 2000 030 9 MB ram. 1 Gb Hard disk.
Amiga 2000 68000 5 MB ram. 500 MB Hard disk.
Amiga 2000 68000 9 MB ram. 1 Gb Hard disk.
Amiga 600 4 MB ram. 4 GB Hard disk.
Amiga 600 1 MB ram. 60 MB Hard disk.
Amiga 500 1 MB ram.
Amiga CD32
Amiga CD32
Commodore 64
Commodore 64C
Commodore 128
Commodore 128D
lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #37
CritAnime
Commodore is Awesome
Points: 6,042, Level: 50 Points: 6,042, Level: 50 Points: 6,042, Level: 50
Activity: 84% Activity: 84% Activity: 84%
 
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,111
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Its an unfortunate part of retro gaming that you will find the magnetic media eventually gives up the ghost. So many disks have become lost due to general use. Even with the most stringent of precautions disketts do eventually die.
CritAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #38
takemehomegrandma
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 19,243, Level: 87 Points: 19,243, Level: 87 Points: 19,243, Level: 87
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
takemehomegrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,881
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
bethesda's PS3 support has always been crap. I remember Fallout 3 having a glitch that would insta crash it near the brotherhood of steel's main compound. By simply walking in a cartain direction it would crash the game. this was fixed on the xbox version within a week. The PS3 version it had taken them nearly 3 whole weeks. Sucks.
Quote:
Do you think it is because the System is "older" that it crash when there is to much saved?
My PS3 is a really old 40GB one, and I played through Fallout 3 from beginning to the end at least 3 times (1 good, 1 evil and 1 neutral, earning all those trophies for different levels), and I also bought the "game of the year" edition with all the add-on contents, which I also played through, and while there indeed was a few sporadic crashes during all that time of game play, I wouldn't call it "crap" in any way. Well, except that add-on (don't remember its name) where you took a river boat to that costal town/swamp area. That one crashed badly. OK, the first Fallout 3 version I had (an early version) didn't even get through the classroom part in the intro mission, but a DL fix remedied that problem!

__________________
MorphOS is Amiga done right!
takemehomegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #39
takemehomegrandma
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 19,243, Level: 87 Points: 19,243, Level: 87 Points: 19,243, Level: 87
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
takemehomegrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,881
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by som99 View Post
PS3 runs most games in 1280x720
IMHO this is mostly true for the games that is also released for Xbox (which is 720p only). There has been many great games in full 1080p, Metal Gear Solid is a good example IMHO!

__________________
MorphOS is Amiga done right!
takemehomegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #40
CritAnime
Commodore is Awesome
Points: 6,042, Level: 50 Points: 6,042, Level: 50 Points: 6,042, Level: 50
Activity: 84% Activity: 84% Activity: 84%
 
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,111
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemehomegrandma View Post
My PS3 is a really old 40GB one, and I played through Fallout 3 from beginning to the end at least 3 times (1 good, 1 evil and 1 neutral, earning all those trophies for different levels), and I also bought the "game of the year" edition with all the add-on contents, which I also played through, and while there indeed was a few sporadic crashes during all that time of game play, I wouldn't call it "crap" in any way. Well, except that add-on (don't remember its name) where you took a river boat to that costal town/swamp area. That one crashed badly. OK, the first Fallout 3 version I had (an early version) didn't even get through the classroom part in the intro mission, but a DL fix remedied that problem!

That was my point. the first version of Fallout 3, I had the lunch tin special edition, was full of insta crashing bugs. The classroom been a prime example along with the brotherhood of steel main compound. So much so I gave it up and got the xbox version because they were patching that version quicker. However when the game of the year edition came out I got it for the playstation and it was all pretty much fixed. Excpet for Point Lookout, the mod you recall takemehomegrandma, which was glitchy. But even the xbox version was glitchy.

for some reason it just seems to take them longer to fix things on the PS3 than it does the xbox in general. In fact why does it seem to be the norm to release very buggy games anyway.

Last edited by CritAnime; 11-30-2012 at 04:55 PM..
CritAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #41
takemehomegrandma
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 19,243, Level: 87 Points: 19,243, Level: 87 Points: 19,243, Level: 87
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
takemehomegrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,881
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
Its an unfortunate part of retro gaming that you will find the magnetic media eventually gives up the ghost. So many disks have become lost due to general use. Even with the most stringent of precautions disketts do eventually die.
True.

And even if you back up the disks or DL new images from the many online libraries, it can be a problem to acquire new physical floppies. 3.5" is walking in the footsteps of 5 1/4" in this regard. Can't remember when I last bought a new floppy. It's a dead medium.

But there are some solutions from companies like induvidual computer (thinking of their C64 products with memory cards etc).

And then there are emulators of course.
__________________
MorphOS is Amiga done right!
takemehomegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #42
takemehomegrandma
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 19,243, Level: 87 Points: 19,243, Level: 87 Points: 19,243, Level: 87
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
takemehomegrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,881
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
So much so I gave it up and got the xbox version because they were patching that version quicker.
I think there is a lot of "politics" (or "business"/"sponsorship" if you like) involved. There are several cases where Xbox "mysteriously" got a lot higher priority at some game publishers.

GTA 4 is a prime example; when this much anticipated new version of the once *PS only* series of games was first announced, it was suddenly rumored that it wouldn't be released for PS3 at all, but in reality it *was* released, but with a few months delay.

Why, you ask?

Because of a $50,000,000 MS deal?

Not realistic, some might say. Well, look at the Commercial Success it had, setting at least two new world records in this regard (the best single day sales, and the best 7 days sales).

The tactical/strategic benefit MS/Xbox got from this single (and rather cheap) $50 million deal is probably enormous.
__________________
MorphOS is Amiga done right!
takemehomegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #43
CritAnime
Commodore is Awesome
Points: 6,042, Level: 50 Points: 6,042, Level: 50 Points: 6,042, Level: 50
Activity: 84% Activity: 84% Activity: 84%
 
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,111
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemehomegrandma View Post
True.

And even if you back up the disks or DL new images from the many online libraries, it can be a problem to acquire new physical floppies. 3.5" is walking in the footsteps of 5 1/4" in this regard. Can't remember when I last bought a new floppy. It's a dead medium.

But there are some solutions from companies like induvidual computer (thinking of their C64 products with memory cards etc).

And then there are emulators of course.
I agree. Floppies slowly dying out. You can still buy them but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle any more. thats why I bought the HxC and did away with a physical drive. Same with the HDD it was just easier to work with a CF HDD then mess around with a clunky physical drive. To be honest the last few games I bought were defective and I ended up getting more use out of the manual than the disk.

it's not just magnetic mediums that are dying out. As reliable as cartridges are they too are dying out. All it takes is for some moisture to get in, for corded contacts or even a electrical fault in the system (My snes popped it's pico fuse ruining a copy of Desert strike) and the cart is gone. CD's and DVD's can only need one scratch and they are dead too.

Thats why I thankful for preservation projects that work to maintain healthy images of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemehomegrandma View Post
I think there is a lot of "politics" (or "business"/"sponsorship" if you like) involved. There are several cases where Xbox "mysteriously" got a lot higher priority at some game publishers.

GTA 4 is a prime example; when this much anticipated new version of the once *PS only* series of games was first announced, it was suddenly rumored that it wouldn't be released for PS3 at all, but in reality it *was* released, but with a few months delay.

Why, you ask?

Because of a $50,000,000 MS deal?

Not realistic, some might say. Well, look at the Commercial Success it had, setting at least two new world records in this regard (the best single day sales, and the best 7 days sales).

The tactical/strategic benefit MS/Xbox got from this single (and rather cheap) $50 million deal is probably enormous.
I agree. There is obviously a lot of politics going on with these things. I read Games TM and the amount of stuff that you read is shocking about what goes on in the games industry. in the end it's the consumer that gets stiffed.

On a lighter note I have been enjoying Perihelion. I found a guide that contained all the glyph codes for the spells in the game. I have also been enjoying a much smoother gameplay experience with Frontier Elite II with the 1200. So much space and so little time to pirate.

Last edited by CritAnime; 11-30-2012 at 05:39 PM..
CritAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #44
som99
Lifetime Member
Points: 10,575, Level: 68 Points: 10,575, Level: 68 Points: 10,575, Level: 68
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
som99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sweden, Fort Independence
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via MSN to som99 Send a message via Skype™ to som99
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
@som99
Aare you using only one save, or several files?.*Also, do you have the system upgraded?. In fallout nv for example, upgrades solved the majority of problems, and i never had again the problem of freezes with beteshda games.
In fact, i have a save on nv and skyrim full of discoveries and objects and it plays perfectly.
One major save for every game and a few neutral/evil saves but they are small.
The system is updated and all games are running latest patch.
It won't be as noticeable if your save file is not big enough, collect lots of items in skyrim in your house, same in fallout 3 & NV collect loads of items in your house, in fallout 3 and NV I have all unique items in lockers also big amounts of material used for making weapons etc plus a collection of other rare items like the 2 Giant teddybears and tiny teddybears, tiny/giant gnomes etc placed nicely in my house.

Same goes for all Bethesda games, large collections of items and the entire world explored and you won't be able to play right on PS3.
The system will hang/freeze fast and the frame rate will be really low.

Do a few google searches and you will see this still affects updated games/systems for PS3 users, this is major problems and they have not been fixed.

So no more PS3 for me.
__________________
I feel like a big can of unluck that's just about to open up on someone.

www.som99.se
som99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #45
Epsilon_
Beginner
Points: 828, Level: 15 Points: 828, Level: 15 Points: 828, Level: 15
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Epsilon_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 21
Default Re: What games are you playing?

Games I am playing at the moment:

Amiga: Aquaria, Ami-Ingenious, Tap Jewels, GEMZ (AmigaOS4)

PC: Trackmania 2: Canyon, F1 2012 (Windows 7)

Wii U: Just bought it last night. Still updating and migrating Mii profiles today but plan to play Super Mario U and NintendoLand when done!!

Catcha,
Epsilon
Epsilon_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
games , playing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump