Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Theme park running slow!  (Read 1812 times)

Description:

Offline sturulezTopic starter

• Show only replies by sturulez
Theme park running slow!
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
I currently have WHDLOAD installed on my system and Ive managed to install theme park AGA version.. When running the game and building my park it take ages to move around the park and build things..

I don't think it was even this slow when running it from floppy disk.

The game speed is on normal. I do have magicWB installed so I'm not sure if that would slow it down. It just gets to a point where it is unbearable to play.

Any ideas on this one?

A1200 - ACA 1221EC Accelerator, 32GB CF Card, SCSI CD-ROM, WB3.9, 3.1.4 ROM. PCMCIA 4GB transfer card, Indivision AGA MK2

Re: Theme park running slow!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »
I've even tried it without the PCMCIA card in, but that has no effect.
A1200 - ACA 1221EC Accelerator, 32GB CF Card, SCSI CD-ROM, WB3.9, 3.1.4 ROM. PCMCIA 4GB transfer card, Indivision AGA MK2

Offline orange

• Show only replies by orange
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
I'd try it without startup-sequence, running whdload straight from amigados.
Better sorry than worry.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
I've tried that, when I select it I just get a white screen and nothing happens. In the past I've tried booting up with a different chip like original or enhanced and I again I just get a white screen and nothing happens.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »
Quote from: sturulez;705788
I currently have WHDLOAD installed on my system and Ive managed to install theme park AGA version.. When running the game and building my park it take ages to move around the park and build things..

The game speed is on normal. I do have magicWB installed so I'm not sure if that would slow it down. It just gets to a point where it is unbearable to play.

Any ideas on this one?

I haven't played theme park in a long time, but I remember it being slow when I had a standard 1200, so maybe it's running at a normal speed?

It's impossible that MagicWB is slowing your system down...all MWB is is a collection of icons and backdrop images.
Where did you get your MagicWB from? If you acquired it from Zeb's Amiga Downloads http://www.pictureinthesky.net/index.php then run a virus check immediately as that particular download is infected with the Ebola link virus (maybe other downloads are as well). The virus will infect executable files and stay resident in memory, and cause weird software failures.
Running a virus check on your Amiga is a good idea anyway, especially when downloading new files and transferring from floppies.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »
Well I played theme park from floppy disk earlier and it ran a lot faster than what it was from the HDD. It seemed to stutter alot when playing from the HDD aswell. I will look into a virus checker and see if that helps.

Do you reccomend any good virus checkers for the Amiga?

Thanks.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 10:22:58 PM »
Quote from: sturulez;705829
Well I played theme park from floppy disk earlier and it ran a lot faster than what it was from the HDD. It seemed to stutter alot when playing from the HDD aswell. I will look into a virus checker and see if that helps.

Do you reccomend any good virus checkers for the Amiga?

Thanks.

VirusZ, available on aminet. :)
You don't need all of those files, but I recommend you read the docs with VirusZ, then you'll learn more about the other files. There will be a 68020 version of the xadmaster, but here I just show the 68000 version.

Offline carvedeye

• Show only replies by carvedeye
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 01:15:05 AM »
Theme park aga can be installed from the floppy no need for whdload?
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline LaserBack

• Show only replies by LaserBack
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »
Quote from: sturulez;705788

Any ideas on this one?

some whdload installed games slowdown FPS in games example zool 2 and others
in this case Theme Park AGA is originally hardisk installable....install the game using the original hardisk installer on floppy and check if runs slow from that installation

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »
I ran the installer, the game loads up. In the intro the music is there but not speech.

ICON X box says

Sound N/A Memory error.

The game speed is good but the game is distorted. Game icon is not the correct colour and the menu bar at the top is non existent.

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
* SOUND FX / NA memory error