Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OctaMED Sound Studio MicroKorg and XR20 MIDI. Tutorials  (Read 1113 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
OctaMED Sound Studio MicroKorg and XR20 MIDI. Tutorials
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »
This is going to be a three part tutorial on how to set up OctaMED Sound Studio to be used as an input/output controller for the MicroKorg Synth, and the Akai XR20 Drum Machine.
The cool part is that you can assign three separate MIDI channels to control the XR20, in which case you can control the DRUM, 1 SHOT, and SYNTH samples independently as if they were three separate instruments, thus giving you a total of four (not counting iff and wav samples used on the Amiga) instruments!

OctaMED Sound Studio MicroKorg and XR20 MIDI. Tutorial Pt1
[youtube]15NRcZD_d-w[/youtube]

OctaMED Sound Studio MicroKorg and XR20 MIDI. Tutorial Pt2
[youtube]hXPhY9K1d34[/youtube]

Tutorial 3 is on it's way... simple stuff really...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:19:02 PM by XDelusion »
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: OctaMED Sound Studio MicroKorg and XR20 MIDI. Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:54:26 PM »
Nice video. One thing I might suggest when using MIDI channel based instruments is that you set the default transpose in the Instrument Properties window to 24 or 36 (depending on the MIDI instrument type) to bring the note range of the MIDI sounds into the same range as that used for samples.
int p; // A

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 07:18:05 AM »
Xdelusion

Havent seen the vid yet. but THANK YOU this is what we need! Why havent I seen the vids yet? I'm jeoulous of the micro korg and dont want to see it :)
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »
I actually had you in mind when I started making these tutorial videos. I knew you were a bit lost with it all, so I hope these help get you started.

On that note, if you have any questions after watching the videos, please feel free to drop me some questions or advice!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs