amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Ľ Amiga.org Ľ Amiga computer related discussion Ľ Recommended Amiga Dealers Ľ Amigamaniac

Recommended Amiga Dealers This forum exists to allow Amiga.org members to share their positive experiences with Amiga dealers so that others might get a better feel for the various dealers.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Havie
Hobbyist
Points: 2,283, Level: 28 Points: 2,283, Level: 28 Points: 2,283, Level: 28
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Default Amigamaniac

Just to say that I received my PSX to DB9 cables the other day and they are brilliant. Very well built (very professional) and work a treat. Can recommend that anyone playing games on their Amiga get one or two. The have solved the most frustrating Amiga gaming problem ever - Nova bombs in Battle Squadron (no more random and frantic rotation of the stick just press a button and 'booooom').

Up for jump -pah, I clone a button.

Straff in Gloom - brilliant.

No more paying over the odds for a dodgy CD32 controller- just use a PS1/2 controller and pop it in CD32 mode!

Also, had lots of good communication with Nathan who seems to be snowed under with loads of orders. He's a good guy, if you're waiting for something, just give him a chance and it will come.

And finally, remember, without people like Amigamaniac, our Amiga experiences will be less rich and pleasurable.
Havie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
paul1981
Cult Member
Points: 5,474, Level: 47 Points: 5,474, Level: 47 Points: 5,474, Level: 47
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Default Re: Amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post
Just to say that I received my PSX to DB9 cables the other day and they are brilliant. Very well built (very professional) and work a treat. Can recommend that anyone playing games on their Amiga get one or two. The have solved the most frustrating Amiga gaming problem ever - Nova bombs in Battle Squadron (no more random and frantic rotation of the stick just press a button and 'booooom').

Up for jump -pah, I clone a button.

No more paying over the odds for a dodgy CD32 controller- just use a PS1/2 controller and pop it in CD32 mode!

Also, had lots of good communication with Nathan who seems to be snowed under with loads of orders. He's a good guy, if you're waiting for something, just give him a chance and it will come.

And finally, remember, without people like Amigamaniac, our Amiga experiences will be less rich and pleasurable.
Hmmm...I might be interested in getting a couple of these. Do you have a photo of the adapter? I've checked his site and it says not for A600 yet, and that's what I'd want to use it with. Just my luck!
paul1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
SIR-GERMAN
Hobbyist
Points: 5,298, Level: 46 Points: 5,298, Level: 46 Points: 5,298, Level: 46
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

also do you get the fully functional Amiga cd32 controller with this device ?
SIR-GERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
GeneralLee
Merely Curious
Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

I orderd an svhs adapter from him in May.. I still haven't got it I got two replies months ago telling me he used to lie about delivery times.. after that no responses at all. I would NOT recommend this guy..
GeneralLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
midway
Too much caffeine
Points: 3,221, Level: 35 Points: 3,221, Level: 35 Points: 3,221, Level: 35
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

I concur. Ordered and paid in july, never got any feedback from nathan cadwallen, only automated email responses. Filed a claim and will receive my money back. Stay away.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
Ni72ous
Technoid
Points: 9,092, Level: 64 Points: 9,092, Level: 64 Points: 9,092, Level: 64
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

I ordered something from nathan a few months back, had no problems, delivery was quick considering it shipped from australia to the uk.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
desiv
Defender of the Faith
Points: 6,191, Level: 51 Points: 6,191, Level: 51 Points: 6,191, Level: 51
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%

Good news...
Nathan has contacted users again.
He's been having some health issues and explained it all really well in the e-mail.
Suffice to say, he's getting back to clearing things up.

I can totally sympathize there...
Although different, I'm going thru some health issues myself and last week was finally able to breathe easier when I heard the word "non-malignant". :-)

So, all the best to Nathan; and everyone who has dealings with him currently should be getting them resolved before too long..

All the best Nathan!

desiv
desiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 AM   #8
terminator4
Technoid
Points: 7,828, Level: 59 Points: 7,828, Level: 59 Points: 7,828, Level: 59

i'm waiting over 2 months for my rgb vga adapters... hmmm Nathan were art thou?
The speed of service and communiation (reply to email over 2 months) is something desired and to be worked on.

[/QUOTE]
terminator4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #9
tasmanian guy
Lifetime Member
Points: 6,045, Level: 50 Points: 6,045, Level: 50 Points: 6,045, Level: 50

Well I've waited almost a year...so I'm first in line :-P

I am glad that Nathan is back, one of the saviours for Amiga users!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
amigean
Technoid
Points: 8,748, Level: 62 Points: 8,748, Level: 62 Points: 8,748, Level: 62
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Come on guys, this is a hobby. If you expect timely delivery from a one-man band, doing hand-made custom manufactures for 20 year old + machines at prices that don't pay minimum wage then you need a reality check.

Nathan is a good lad, doing this small community in service, for prices that don't really justify the wingeing/complaints directed at him. Plus, he was unfortunate enough to go through very real health issues, that cannot be anticipated in advance.

Thanks very much Nathan! :-)
amigean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
Bamiga2002
Cult Member
Points: 7,233, Level: 56 Points: 7,233, Level: 56 Points: 7,233, Level: 56

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002

I don't mind the waiting but the thing was lack of communication. And no, automated email messages don't count as such. But he has now contacted people and things seem to be in check so it's all good I think.
Bamiga2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #12
terminator4
Technoid
Points: 7,828, Level: 59 Points: 7,828, Level: 59 Points: 7,828, Level: 59

yes email reply "i haven't forgotten you, i hope to get thsi doen within 30 days " would be nice.
terminator4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
midway
Too much caffeine
Points: 3,221, Level: 35 Points: 3,221, Level: 35 Points: 3,221, Level: 35
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator4 View Post
yes email reply "i haven't forgotten you, i hope to get thsi doen within 30 days " would be nice.

True. He does not respond to any email. I am sorry but even if it is a hobby, communication is basically all one needs. Too bad.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #14
XDelusion
Alien Breeder
Points: 38,449, Level: 100 Points: 38,449, Level: 100 Points: 38,449, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Send a message via ICQ to XDelusion

Quote:
Strafe in GLoom?!? I wonder if mine does that. I got mine off the guy who originally designed these a while before Maniac carried them. How'd you set it up?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs
XDelusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #15
560SL
Technoid
Points: 6,415, Level: 52 Points: 6,415, Level: 52 Points: 6,415, Level: 52

I ordered and paid for a couple of A3000 ATX adapter cables three months ago and havent heard zip since.

Oh well...
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #16
tasmanian guy
Lifetime Member
Points: 6,045, Level: 50 Points: 6,045, Level: 50 Points: 6,045, Level: 50

Yes unfortunately, come November I'll be waiting a year, that is 12 months for a replacement on my RGB adapter.

I am still waiting on the psx adapter and a few other bits and pieces such as the 3.1 roms.

He did say when he emailed everyone a month or so ago I would be first on his list, but still nothing.

Disappointed to be honest about the promises and lack of communication.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
GeneralLee
Merely Curious
Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8

I got an email from him today. Claiming I was lying in a post here..

Well I ain't lying the only one who is lying is he..
GeneralLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #18
Havie
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
Strafe in GLoom?!? I wonder if mine does that. I got mine off the guy who originally designed these a while before Maniac carried them. How'd you set it up?
If your adaptor can be set to CD32 mode then you can select the option to use a CD32 controller. Link to manual below:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...g6eGl90H5JzZ8g
Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #19
Havie
Hobbyist

It's sad that things aren't working out with Nathan. As I said before, he wasn't particularly quick (had a few months wait) but he did deliver and I had decent communication within him and the item is great.

I wish there was something more we could do to get these problems sorted as he is/was a major supporter of the ever shrinking market. BUT I would be more than unhappy if I had ordered and paid for something that I hadn't recieved - one man band or not!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #20
amigamaniac
Merely Curious
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words from some of you :-) Other, not so kind words are valid criticisms, so I am happy to 'cop them on the chin'. However, I will not accept being called a liar. There is a difference between saying something and meaning it when it was said (and then not being able to follow through, for whatever reason) and saying something that one knows is not true when it is said.

@General Lee, I did not call you a liar in my last group email (I donít even know who you are, I can only guess), nor would I have told you that I lie about shipping times in another email many months ago.
What I said in my latest group e-mail was that someone that posted on here calling me a liar are either themselves a liar, an a-hole or has a comprehension problem. Regarding that e-mail that you claim I told you I lie about shipping times, I would have said something along the lines of how I feel bad when I tell someone their parcel will be posted on a certain date, and then it isnít, making a liar of myself. You give the impression that I said something like ďI just lie to people to get them off my back, hahahaĒ, which is a little different to what I would have actually said, donít you think? I can only guess at which of those three you are (i.e., liar, a-hole or doesnít understand what you read properly), or perhaps a combination?

There is a very good reason why my service has been so crap for so long, with poor communication being a part of it, unfortunately. I did let everyone know that has been waiting for ages what the issue was (and sometimes is) as I felt I owed them an explanation. This does not make the times that most have been waiting to receive their orders acceptable, by any means. I just wanted everyone to know what the reason was, that their order IS coming and that they have NOT been robbed.

My website became so popular that my previously fun hobby has become a burden, especially when my health is crap and Iím pretty much useless in general :-( Right now Iím looking at about 33 backorders to complete, plus about 3 old orders that I need to replace due to faults. Some of these orders are for multiple items too :-S I have been so stressed by having so many orders to do and letting so many people down with extreme waiting times and sometimes getting nasty e-mails as a result, that I have started to consider ceasing my hobby altogether once I have completed all outstanding orders. However, since I have removed the PayPal shopping cart system from my website, I canít get into this kind of trouble again, so itís something Iíll have to think about a bit moreÖI still have the MP3 Player for Amiga project to complete in the very least, as well as a couple of other projects on my mind, for both Amiga and Atari :-P

Nathan
amigamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote