Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanted Amiga 1200 CF Hard Drive  (Read 2413 times)

Description:

Offline jaym0ndTopic starter

• Show only replies by jaym0nd
Wanted Amiga 1200 CF Hard Drive
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »
I'm after either a 2gb CF Hard Drive or 4gb CF Drive. Internal with IDE Cable and reader board...

Max budget is £20-25 delivered

Must boot straight to workbench and have whdload + games on it.

I'm based in the UK

Cheers

Offline foleyjo

• Show only replies by foleyjo
Re: Wanted Amiga 1200 CF Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:34:30 AM »
There's loads on ebay already set up with workbench and games though the legality of these is debatable

Or you can get the ide to cf adapter really cheap (less than £5) and then pick up a cheap cf card and configure it using winuae.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »
I'm on a budget here. I don't really want to pay £36+ lol

I'd do it myself but it all looks a bit difficult :flak:

Unless I buy all the kit and someone wants to be kind to me and load it all up if I send it to them.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:29:59 PM by jaym0nd »

Offline amigakit

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »
Hello,

We cannot load AmigaOS and Games on our hard drives as that breaks licensing laws.

However we pre-load our Amiga CF hard drives with our own in-house developed OS-Install utility to make it as easy as possible for our customers.

We charge a lot less than sellers on Ebay who distribute software that they do not have any license to do so and charge large premiums in the process.

Our prepped/partitioned and Amiga formatted drives with OS-Install start at £18.95
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »
So if I buy the Amiga Kit one and parition it using your software. Can I just plug the CF Card in my pc/laptop and drag and drop games to the Card? Then click and play when in the Amiga 1200?

I do want some WHDLOAD action with my a1200 that has a Amitek Hawk Ram Card lol...

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »
Quote from: jaym0nd;691105
So if I buy the Amiga Kit one and parition it using your software. Can I just plug the CF Card in my pc/laptop and drag and drop games to the Card? Then click and play when in the Amiga 1200?

I do want some WHDLOAD action with my a1200 that has a Amitek Hawk Ram Card lol...

Not quite.  You could put the card in your PC, run WinUAE, mount the card as a real Amiga hard drive and then copy the games from within Workbench of the PC's hard drive onto the CF card (using DOPUS for example).

I do it all the time.

I save a WinUAE configuation to match my real Amigas and "Minimigs" based on the specs of each one.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 11:28:46 PM »
I bought the AmigaKit CF hdd and it's good. So long as you have some WB disks the software on the CF will do the rest. In the end I did eventually buy a CF adapter for my PC and tinkered with the HDD further. But for a quick setup the AmigaKit  one is pretty good.

Offline foleyjo

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 09:17:31 AM »
Quote from: jaym0nd;691042
I'm on a budget here. I don't really want to pay £36+ lol

I'd do it myself but it all looks a bit difficult :flak:

Unless I buy all the kit and someone wants to be kind to me and load it all up if I send it to them.

Cheapest option though with a bit of work.
Assuming you have a legal copy of workbench/OS you can get the adapter for £3 and a CF card for £10.
Next download a workbench adf (and possibly something like amigasys.) and winuae.
Follow one of the guides in this forum for setting up a harddrive/cf card with winuae and install workbench. Once installed copy the games you want on to the harddrive. You could do a search for the kgwhdload game packs in google to help with the games. You will also need to download the kickstart files and purchase the license for whdload. See http://www.whdload.de for more information
Once you are happy it contains everything you need plug it into your amiga and away you go.

Easiest legal option - Amigakit

Offline walterg74

• Show only replies by walterg74
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »
Is there a tutorial anywhere as to how to go about doing the above (mounting the card in winuae, copy files, etc)?  I have the card/adapter already, and there are some games I want to copy/install and don't know how :(

Also with this methid I guess I can just copy a file to s ome folder or something within the cf card (within it's workbench?) as for example some disk images and a program like adf2dsk and be able to transfer them that way to real floppies?

Offline Snoozy

• Show only replies by Snoozy
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
Quote from: walterg74;691175
Is there a tutorial anywhere as to how to go about doing the above (mounting the card in winuae, copy files, etc)?  I have the card/adapter already, and there are some games I want to copy/install and don't know how :(

Also with this methid I guess I can just copy a file to s ome folder or something within the cf card (within it's workbench?) as for example some disk images and a program like adf2dsk and be able to transfer them that way to real floppies?

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59560

Use winuae 2.3.3 or the most up-to-date version

Offline foleyjo

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 08:51:15 PM »
Quote from: walterg74;691175

Once you have followed the above tutorial and got workbench setup all you need to do is make sure you have the option selected to use PC harddrives and then copy the files from the PC drive to amiga using drag and drop or a filemanager.

If you concentrate on getting winuae and workbench working with the CF card and then if you still need help ask on here and someone will tell you how to copy the games over from the PC