amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion Very weird (slight) issue with GVP Combo

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion This forum is dedicated to the discussion and resolution of issues related to Classic and Next Generation Amiga hardware. Got a problem with a piece of hardware? Click to speak.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
dougal
Defender of the Faith
Points: 17,545, Level: 84 Points: 17,545, Level: 84 Points: 17,545, Level: 84
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Default Very weird (slight) issue with GVP Combo

2 Days ago i received my GVP Combo 040 card for my A2000.

Installed it and working fine, until I went to use the CDROM drive. As soon as I try and access the drive the HD LED would light up for a few seconds and the "waiting" pointer will come and I would have to reboot.

After lots of messing around I found that if I unplug the HD LED from the Combo 040 everything including the CDROM would work fine as it is supposed to.

What I find strange is:

A: The HD LED was plugged in the correct connector of the Combo and access LED worked fine.

B: With my old HC8+ SCSI controller I never had this problem.

Anyway I ended up connecting the HD LED to the connector on the actual hard drive and I have had no problems since.

But I fail to understand why this problem of the CDROM was associated with the HD LED connector / LED... Its so weird. And I know its that because whenever it was disconnected from the combo cdrom would work fine. As soon as I connect it would do the problem.
A500 Plus - 68000 @ 7Mhz / 2MB Chipmem / 2Mb Fast ram / 2.04/Kick1.3 / A590
A600HD - 2MB Chip / 8MB Fast / 2GB CF HD / Kick 3.1
Various Spare A500's and A500 Plus's

PowerMac G4 1Ghz (MorphOS / Leopard)

http://amigamap.com/user/172
dougal is offline   Reply With Quote