Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cannot install perihelion  (Read 1818 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRuleTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
Cannot install perihelion
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »
I downloaded Perihelion whdload and whenI double click perihelioninstall it acts like it is running the game and quit with an error instead of the typical whdload installation screen. I am unable to use the perihelioninstall in whdload. Can someone help me on this? Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot install perihelion
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;681120
I downloaded Perihelion whdload and whenI double click perihelioninstall it acts like it is running the game and quit with an error instead of the typical whdload installation screen. I am unable to use the perihelioninstall in whdload. Can someone help me on this? Thanks in advance.

Can someone help me on this one? Thanks in advance.

P.S "I really want to get to play this game."

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »
Do you have similar issues with other WHDLoad games?  Perhaps it is missing a particular KS ROM image?
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:27:43 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;681212
Do you have similar issues with other WHDLoad games?  Perhaps it is missing a particular KS ROM image?

NO I have the KS ROM images, but you are missing the point. Recall how when you download a whdload installer from whdload.de website and you double click install, it opens in workbench screen an installer window where it asks if you want to install for real or not, etc? Then you click next or cancel or help and then if you continue, it asks what type of icon you wish to use in workbench GUI window and then it asks the location and then it asks to insert the first disk in any drive and when you do, it copies the contents from the drive into your HD and so on? Recall all that awesome stuff?

And when you double click the game it opens that blue window say starting game such and such this whdload is registered to such and such press f10 (for example) to quit the game and then you wait for a while until it loads and you are in the game? Recall that cool stuff?

Well with mine when I double click the installer for perihelion, instead of opening the windows installer UI in the workbench screen it goes RIGHT AWAY to the starting the game with the blue window saying this game is registered to such and such. So it is not allowing me to setup whdload and install it. That is the problem I am facing with not finding the incorrect rom image.

So can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance. I need a good whdload setup package because the one I got from whdload.de is not working at all. It is as if the installer file is missing in the package and the icon that have the installer icon is linked to the game.slave instead of the installer file. Do you know what I mean?

Offline zipper

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »
Yep - you should contact the writer of the install pack; there's something wrong.

Offline CSixx

• Show only replies by CSixx
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »
Or you could just visit: http://whdownload.com/
Then download the zip file from there, extract and play it.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;681216
NO I have the KS ROM images, but you are missing the point. Recall how when you download a whdload installer from whdload.de website and you double click install, it opens in workbench screen an installer window where it asks if you want to install for real or not, etc? Then you click next or cancel or help and then if you continue, it asks what type of icon you wish to use in workbench GUI window and then it asks the location and then it asks to insert the first disk in any drive and when you do, it copies the contents from the drive into your HD and so on? Recall all that awesome stuff?

And when you double click the game it opens that blue window say starting game such and such this whdload is registered to such and such press f10 (for example) to quit the game and then you wait for a while until it loads and you are in the game? Recall that cool stuff?

Well with mine when I double click the installer for perihelion, instead of opening the windows installer UI in the workbench screen it goes RIGHT AWAY to the starting the game with the blue window saying this game is registered to such and such. So it is not allowing me to setup whdload and install it. That is the problem I am facing with not finding the incorrect rom image.

So can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance. I need a good whdload setup package because the one I got from whdload.de is not working at all. It is as if the installer file is missing in the package and the icon that have the installer icon is linked to the game.slave instead of the installer file. Do you know what I mean?

To be honest, when I first tried WHDload several years ago I could never get teh bugger to work.  Then I started using ClassicWB which was preconfigured with WHDLoad and to use the KG game packs and everything worked fine.

I cheated and took the easy route.  ;)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 10:41:57 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;681233
To be honest, when I first tried WHDload several years ago I could never get teh bugger to work.  Then I started using ClassicWB which was preconfigured with WHDLoad and to use the KG game packs and everything worked fine.

I cheated and took the easy route.  ;)

To be honest, that website whdownload is THE BEST WEBSITE I have ever gotten my hands on. I am going to download ALMOST everything from that website and install them on my Amiga 1200. I will simply replace the icons with the ones I like the most and done and danddy.

I have a huge list of games I want to finish on my A1200:

1) Demon Winter
2) Final Odyssy
3) Perihelion
4) Amberstar
5) Ambermoon
etc
etc
I love the game xeit I want to finish that and the new game bean bag

By the time I am done with the games on the Amiga side either my A1200 would have burned out from over use or I need a new joystick.

When I am finished with almost all the Amiga games...I migrating to the MSX games on my A1200.

So yeah here goes nothing.

I also have my eye on this game: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1984
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:44:45 PM by AmigaClassicRule »

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 10:39:49 AM »
I have the WHDLoad version of perihelion and it works fine. I downloaded it from on of the pre-installed sites.