Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FPSE Playstation Emu. Now Supports Joypads!!!  (Read 1536 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
FPSE Playstation Emu. Now Supports Joypads!!!
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:37:32 AM »
120205: This release fixes link mode emulation on 68k and x86 and adds a new lowlevel.library joy plugin, which should enable some kind of pad support for all ports.

For Classic/Amithlon, MorphOS, AROS, and OS4.

http://www.amidog.se/

Go get it, share your thoughts, experiences, etc.

Thanks for the heads up Fish!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:44:11 PM by XDelusion »
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Cass

• Show only replies by Cass
Re: FPSE Now Supports Joypads!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
Great emulator, really nice to see an update! There are new versions of the plugins!
I had to disabe the SPU (SPUNull) because there was an "SPU initialization failed" error.
The 3D support on Radeon 9xxx is still behind (unlucky me, I have an ATi 9250).

{edit}
The AHI was occupied by other app, hence the error. Started alone no problems encountered. So, looking forward to seeing updates for VICE joystick support also ;-)
{/edit}
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:41:34 PM by Cass »
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »
Copied from a conversation on AROS-EXEC.org: (Note: I was having sound popping issues.)

"If I set the Window or Screen to 320x240 or what ever the lowest setting was, then the sound popping goes away.

Ironically this is the same setting I have to use to make the games play smooth on my (compared to my AROS PC) slow, old, resource limitied eMac running MorphOS.

I'd think with my AROS-PC I'd be able to run in any resolution I'd like, after all I have been able to get Windows 9x running at a really descent speed on DOSbox, so what's the hang up with FPSE?

Regardless, this is not actually an issue as PSX games were designed with TV's with low resolution in mind, so I'm content, but this does still blow my mind.

Maybe hardware acceleration would boost performance in that way?

Anyhow, I have tested MANY games on both AROS and MorphOS and the results are all the same, everything is working great, but...

But Trident/Poseidon is still stuck back in the CD32 days and will not allow for you to use a controller with any more buttons than were on the CD32 pad. This need fixed! It is a horrible limitation that is biting us all in the ass in relation to FPSE's new update.

In the mean time, I'm going to try to map those extra buttons to Keys on the Keyboard tonight (button press, button depress, etc.), but that's always been troublesome in the past, but I'll give it a go."
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline amiman99

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »
I will play with it tonight.
Few weeks ago, I finally got all compatible parts to make AROS PC.
It looks like it could make a good emulation box.
I'm running AROS on AMD Athlon 2600 with 512MB RAM and only about 50Meg is used, very efficient.
The major problem is the Classic Amiga emulation, I cant get it to work properly. Not much docs on it.

Edit: PSX pad is working, I do wish all buttons work, other then that, "very nice"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:35:33 PM by amiman99 »
A500 KS 2.1, 1MB Chip, 68000
A600 KS 3.1, 2MB Chip, ACA630 32MB RAM
A1000 KS 1.3, 8MB RAM
A1200 KS 3.1, Blizzard IV 50MHz 64MB RAM
A2000 KS 2.1, 68030 25MHz, 6MB RAM
A3000 KS 3.1, 68030 25MHz, 16MB RAM
A4000 KS 3.0, 68040 25MHz, 16MB RAM
CDTV KS 3.1, 4MB RAM
CD32
(AROS BOX) Dead :(