Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Patch 02 brings all papercuts fixes and AROS KickStart to Icaros Desktop 1.3.3  (Read 1583 times)

Description:

Offline paoloneTopic starter

• Show only replies by paolone
    • http://www.icarosdesktop.org
A new patch for Icaros Desktop 1.3.3 is ready. It updates AROS system files to Jan 8, 2012 and adds two important features: all fixes to Wanderer from the paper-cuts initiative, and direct compatibility to Amiga M68K games and demos on ADF files, thanks to the free AROS M68K KickStart replacement. More informations and download locations on the Icaros website at http://www.icarosdesktop.org.

What's new since patch 01

- all Paper-Cuts initiative bug fixes now included
- added transparency to icons while dragging them
- added support for AmigaOS 4 format icons
- added the iconify function
- comments now work as expected
- view mode for drawers can now be snapshotted
- fixed dragging of icons in detail view mode
- icons don't overlap anymore in plain mode
- icons don't "jump on the left" anymore when dragged
- dragging icons on left-out icons don't crash the system anymore
- fixed background of icons moved elsewhere on the desktop
- some little fixes for LiveUpdater
- added AROS M68K Kickstart replacement to AmiBridge
- AmiBridge has been modified to support AROS Kickstart
p.bes

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
Thats great news, no more dependence on the amiga grave robbers to run amiga 68k apps? Thats fantastic news!

The paper cuts fixes are also a great thing, fixing many long standing little annoyances can go a long way towards stability and a better user experience.

Great work guys!

Offline gaula92

• Show only replies by gaula92
I truly believe AROS is the future for AmigaOS. Not MOS or OS4, but AROS.
In the long run, I think it will be easily proven.

Offline Cass

• Show only replies by Cass
@ paolone

The online update is possible? I got a message that I have the latest (I think it was Patch 01).

@ gaula92

I think it`s a progress and integration that goes equally for all systems (latest AOS update with RunInUAE, AROS & Janus, MOS surely has a similar emulation), plus interoperabiloity (look at the OS4 icons, plus more features to come).
I believe that in the near future will be equally an AMIGA experience to use any system, the important will be to use data & applications, so the systems will co-exist. It won`t be one system or another.
I have classics, Sam and PC here and I really enjoy them all.
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline paoloneTopic starter

• Show only replies by paolone
    • http://www.icarosdesktop.org
@Haywirepc

For now it's limited to games or demos coming on ADF files, not for common Workbench programs. For the latters you still need integrating Amiga Forever into Icaros Desktop with AmiBridge scripts. But it's crearly a starting point. The final goal will be offering AROS 68K as a complete alternative to Amiga Forever, but it's a long way to walk.

@gaula92

Great avatar! From time to time I clear the dust to my The Neverhood box and play again the whole game. It was genious.

@ Cass

Online updating works for Icaros updates only, not for patches. You have to download them separately and use the 'File' option instead. Sorry for that, but updating scripts are very basic and, until I found some volounteer writing a better updating system, we have to deal with its limitations.
p.bes