Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reminder: Upstate NY Amiga Users Group Meeting Jan 14th  (Read 1524 times)

Description:

Offline MobbyGTopic starter

• Occupy Amiga
    • Show only replies by MobbyG
    • http://www.amigaz.org
Reminder: Upstate NY Amiga Users Group Meeting Jan 14th
« on: January 03, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »
Just a reminder, that the Upstate New York Amiga Users Group will be meeting on January 14th starting at 10am, in East Greenbush, New York, just across the Hudson river from Albany.

If you haven’t already, let us know you’re coming to the meeting, so we can be looking for you. Also if you would like to donate to the cost of the club house for the meeting, let us know that as well. The more people that donate, the lower the donation needed! So far for demos, we have a MorphOS demo lined up and possibly an AROS demo. Other surprises may be in stored as well. If anyone would like to do a demo, please let us know so we can get you setup. The more, the merrier!

Also, if you’re planning on attending, please bring a camera for pictures as we would like to share the gathering with others online as much as possible. We’re hoping to have a live web stream setup on Ustream, for those who can’t come, to still see what’s going on.

If you have any questions, check out website at http://www.amigaz.org/unyaug or email me at mobbyg@gmail.com
-=:[ Rich Lawrence ]:=-

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
Re: Reminder: Upstate NY Amiga Users Group Meeting Jan 14th
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
I'm up to my eyeballs lately but this is the closest amiga gathering to where I live (Philadelphia,Pa) in ages so I'm going to really try and make it.

I don't own any mac hardware, so I've never even seen MorphOS, and I'd really like to play with it for a bit before deciding to get a mac mini or something...

Steven

Offline MobbyGTopic starter

• Occupy Amiga
    • Show only replies by MobbyG
    • http://www.amigaz.org
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:09:54 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;674192
I'm up to my eyeballs lately but this is the closest amiga gathering to where I live (Philadelphia,Pa) in ages so I'm going to really try and make it.

I don't own any mac hardware, so I've never even seen MorphOS, and I'd really like to play with it for a bit before deciding to get a mac mini or something...

Steven

Good luck to ya Steven. Hope you're able to get up here.
-=:[ Rich Lawrence ]:=-

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 02:41:40 AM »
Who is doing the MorphOS demo?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Debaser

• Show only replies by Debaser
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »
I will be doing the demo of Morphos. I think i will basically show off some of the usual and maybe some unusual suspects: Grunch, Odyssey v1.16, Gribouillis 3, and generally anything anyone wishes to check out. I would certainly welcome anyone else in the area to join me and maybe we can put together something more compelling, But simply put - I will be there with my mini, loaded with stuff to try, that is about it.

So yeah.. um def. not a Morphos Dev team event here.:)  I just wanted to make sure that there is some Morphos machines running and available to those that wish to play with it and experience it.