amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion Amiga News and Community Announcements Commodore trademark has a new daddy

Notices

Amiga News and Community Announcements If you have a news item, or want to announce something to the entire online Amiga Community, this is the forum in which to place your announcement.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #81
tasmanian guy
Lifetime Member
Points: 6,045, Level: 50 Points: 6,045, Level: 50 Points: 6,045, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Default Re: Commodore trademark has a new daddy

So did I pay for membership to this web site (it came up with I was paying discreetfx) when in fact it is Commodore USA that owns this site?

Also will they try and take my domain away from me, www.amigaformat.com

I hope not (nothing hosted......yet) :-)
Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #82
haywirepc
Defender of the Faith
Points: 11,870, Level: 71 Points: 11,870, Level: 71 Points: 11,870, Level: 71
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Maybe the soap opera keeps some interested. I have to admit I check here to see whats the latest drama.

Some of the soap opera...Its definitely kept me interested in amiga goings on I suppose.

As far as CUSA I don't think they ever can recover from their past.

Its hard to forgive a "company" that is based on lies, half truths, website text stolen from apple, fake pictures, all the announcements of new products that never see the light of day, stickers slapped on existing products, claims of a 30 million dollar advertising budget, insulting every other amiga camp, stolen website graphics, claims of their products in retail stores that never become truth, claims they will make 25,000$ workstations with an amiga badge that never materialize as real products and so much more.

If they just shut up, stop lying, stop running on hype and deliver real products instead of hype and lies, people could evaluate and base their opinions on what they produce (instead of basing your opinion on their long list of bull****) maybe they would garner better support from retro fans and amiga enthusiasts.

The Amiga curse is in full effect on them. They are like the perfect continuation of a long list of Amiga grave robbers making wild claims and never delivering anything of any real value to people who care about Amiga.

To me, it just appears to be some guy with some money who is paying to fuel some fantasy that he is the owner of a company he once respected and liked in his younger years, and he's doing a horrible job of it so far.

AND I think the legal stuff with amiga is a real joke. I still think everyone who cares about amiga should make and start selling their own version of a new commodore amiga, put the boingball, checkmark and Commdore AMIGA logo on it and lets see if they can really claim ownership of those things and prove it.
Barry, Silly Billy and all the other amiga grave robbers would bankrupt themselves trying to prove ownership, when the real truth is they can't.

So far, no one has ever proven in court they own roms, logos, trademarks, or anything else related to amiga. What especially AINC does not want you to know is that since they illegally transferred "assets" to a shell to avoid paying back investors (a criminal act) they can not continue to profit from that criminal act, ask any attorney. Yet they have for years and we've let them.

The truth is they can't really prove ownership of anything. Just like cloanto can't really prove why it has been robbing the amiga community for years for roms that are 15+ years old now that no one really owns.

And we all just let the amiga grave robbers continue to try and rob people for a history and a legacy that WE the users should really own.

Meanwhile, there are worthwhile projects like AROS, Icaros, AEROS, IMICA,MORPHOS, Netami, minimig/minimigaga and so on being developed by people who obviously have a real passion for amiga. They can't use the amiga name, boingball or whatever because the amiga grave robbers won't let them.
Yeah that makes sense...
Steven

Last edited by haywirepc; 01-01-2012 at 07:40 AM..
haywirepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #83
Krischan76
Too much caffeine
Points: 4,626, Level: 43 Points: 4,626, Level: 43 Points: 4,626, Level: 43
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Send a message via ICQ to Krischan76

Infidels will convert or face eternal guru meditation!
Krischan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #84
klx300r
Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
Points: 11,219, Level: 69 Points: 11,219, Level: 69 Points: 11,219, Level: 69
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Angry Re: Commodore trademark has a new daddy

@ digitex

still posting this stuff here after all the comments you made about the Amiga community
! My Master Miggies-Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
-AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE ***
klx300r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #85
TheDaddy
Defender of the Faith
Points: 13,077, Level: 74 Points: 13,077, Level: 74 Points: 13,077, Level: 74
Japanese Baseball Champion, Curveball Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammy View Post
So then you are going to be celebrating with us then when the official news is announced! Excellent, I was hoping once you gave up on the hate, you would be a solid C=USA supporter.

For those people, since you evidently are going to be celebrating with us on the great C=USA news you are not are apart of them, are going to be hating life as well as C=USA after this announcement until they too can accept the futility of hating the inevitable.

No Dammy, no. I don't hate CUSA I despise their behaviour and what they have done in the past. Why do you need me to become a solid CUSA supporter?
When the announcement arrives I'll be leaving the scene after 30 years! To you, CUSA and its followers' delight

Last edited by TheDaddy; 01-01-2012 at 08:56 AM..
TheDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #86
haywirepc
Defender of the Faith
Points: 11,870, Level: 71 Points: 11,870, Level: 71 Points: 11,870, Level: 71
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

I agreee... If the rumors that they have also bought amiga.org are true... Myself and most others will be leaving for amigaworld or other options leaving this place to be an internet ghosttown. Much like cusa.org or whatever they have now if you look at it that proves that they sold maybe 100 computers,
to uninformed dumbasses.

I hope the rumors are not true.
haywirepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #87
klx300r
Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
Points: 11,219, Level: 69 Points: 11,219, Level: 69 Points: 11,219, Level: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywirepc View Post
I agreee... If the rumors that they have also bought amiga.org are true... Myself and most others will be leaving for amigaworld or other options leaving this place to be an internet ghosttown. Much like cusa.org or whatever they have now if you look at it that proves that they sold maybe 100 computers,
to uninformed dumbasses.

+1 ...sad but true

aw.net, amigans.net, lemonamiga.com, eab but this place never again
! My Master Miggies-Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
-AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE ***
klx300r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #88
spihunter
Defender of the Faith
Points: 12,752, Level: 73 Points: 12,752, Level: 73 Points: 12,752, Level: 73
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Egad! If that is true this place is going to turn into a ghost town with Dammy talking to himself. I already have accounts setup at EAB, AW.net, & Morphzone if this is the case.....

Quote:
to uninformed dumbasses.

spihunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #89
commodorejohn
VIP / Donor
Points: 11,260, Level: 70 Points: 11,260, Level: 70 Points: 11,260, Level: 70

Quote:
I agreee... If the rumors that they have also bought amiga.org are true... Myself and most others will be leaving for amigaworld or other options leaving this place to be an internet ghosttown.
Wait, wait, is that what this was about? Because if that turns out to be true, you bet your life I'm leaving this place.

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup
commodorejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #90
Akiko
VIP / Donor
Points: 12,420, Level: 72 Points: 12,420, Level: 72 Points: 12,420, Level: 72
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
to uninformed dumbasses.

Can someone at DiscreetFX confirm or deny these rumours?

If this is the case I'm out of here.
Akiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #91
Darrin
Lifetime Member
Points: 20,689, Level: 90 Points: 20,689, Level: 90 Points: 20,689, Level: 90
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Send a message via AIM to Darrin Send a message via Yahoo to Darrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiko View Post
Can someone at DiscreetFX confirm or deny these rumours?

If this is the case I'm out of here.
Well it would be one way for Barry to delete the accounts of people he's sent nasty PMs to. Make sure you've saved them if you've got some. I have. I'm sure they'll come in useful in the near future.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #92
EDanaII
Cult Member
Points: 8,380, Level: 61 Points: 8,380, Level: 61 Points: 8,380, Level: 61
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

I find this speculation kinda doubtful, since they already have Commodore-Amiga.org, but, never say "never" I guess...
Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #93
amigadave
Lifetime Member
Points: 22,814, Level: 93 Points: 22,814, Level: 93 Points: 22,814, Level: 93
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post
As one of the voters thereon, I'd like to note that there's a big difference between not thinking that a blanket ban on CUSA discussion is a good idea and wanting people to keep copypasting every decree issued forth from Barry's keyboard.
Your over exaggeration has little to do with what I just posted and does not excuse the behavior that goes on here every day by children that can't control their feelings toward CUSA.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #94
vox
Banned
Points: 6,497, Level: 52 Points: 6,497, Level: 52 Points: 6,497, Level: 52
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Send a message via Skype™ to vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transition View Post

Stay tuned for the further adventures of Commodore USA.....and btw, this news has NOTHING to do with our major announcements that will be forthcoming shortly.
Barry
Famous part of all times. Every announcement has to be followed by next big announcement that has nothing to do ...
vox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #95
actung_bab
Cult Member
Points: 6,503, Level: 52 Points: 6,503, Level: 52 Points: 6,503, Level: 52
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Send a message via ICQ to actung_bab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transition View Post
News from digitex via http://www.commodore-amiga.org/

http://www.commodore-amiga.org/en/fo...-daddy--#11229

(News article from site reprinted below for your convenience)

After months of hard work and international legal filings, I am thrilled to finally announce that Commodore Holdings (C Holdings), which is the corporate entity that owns and holds the trademark IP "Commodore" is no longer a part of or a division of Asiarim Corp. The stock in Commodore Holdings was pledged as collateral years ago, and 100% ownership of that company is now in the hands of a new group (wonder who that can be?). Additionally, a ruling came down this afternoon from the Netherlands court that has formally put Commodore Licensing B.V. into involuntary bankruptcy. This bankruptcy proceeding was initiated by this same group. Asiarim and whatever else is left of it will shortly be following suit. The Netherlands court will be appointing a receiver for the bankrupt parties within the next day or two.

Stay tuned for the further adventures of Commodore USA.....and btw, this news has NOTHING to do with our major announcements that will be forthcoming shortly.

Happy New Year everyone. I wish each and every one of you, our customers, supporters and forum members, health and happiness in 2012.

Barry
hows someone going broke good news you are cynlical bunch arent you.

As far as i remember that private company had nothing to do with amiga

just used the commodore brand name hows this news for the amiga

Thats like saying good news the old mini back Morris brand name is comming back

Oh yeah they already did that called the new bmw mini we put morris badge on it that fix it , hay its got huge wheels and like twice the size .. shhh no one will notice
Just details hehe
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4 port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_10587.jpg[/url]
actung_bab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #96
actung_bab
Cult Member
Points: 6,503, Level: 52 Points: 6,503, Level: 52 Points: 6,503, Level: 52
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Send a message via ICQ to actung_bab

Quote:
Maybe the soap opera keeps some interested. I have to admit I check here to see whats the latest drama.

Some of the soap opera...Its definitely kept me interested in amiga goings on I suppose.

As far as CUSA I don't think they ever can recover from their past.

Its hard to forgive a "company" that is based on lies, half truths, website text stolen from apple, fake pictures, all the announcements of new products that never see the light of day, stickers slapped on existing products, claims of a 30 million dollar advertising budget, insulting every other amiga camp, stolen website graphics, claims of their products in retail stores that never become truth, claims they will make 25,000$ workstations with an amiga badge that never materialize as real products and so much more.

If they just shut up, stop lying, stop running on hype and deliver real products instead of hype and lies, people could evaluate and base their opinions on what they produce (instead of basing your opinion on their long list of bull****) maybe they would garner better support from retro fans and amiga enthusiasts.

The Amiga curse is in full effect on them. They are like the perfect continuation of a long list of Amiga grave robbers making wild claims and never delivering anything of any real value to people who care about Amiga.

To me, it just appears to be some guy with some money who is paying to fuel some fantasy that he is the owner of a company he once respected and liked in his younger years, and he's doing a horrible job of it so far.

AND I think the legal stuff with amiga is a real joke. I still think everyone who cares about amiga should make and start selling their own version of a new commodore amiga, put the boingball, checkmark and Commdore AMIGA logo on it and lets see if they can really claim ownership of those things and prove it.
Barry, Silly Billy and all the other amiga grave robbers would bankrupt themselves trying to prove ownership, when the real truth is they can't.

So far, no one has ever proven in court they own roms, logos, trademarks, or anything else related to amiga. What especially AINC does not want you to know is that since they illegally transferred "assets" to a shell to avoid paying back investors (a criminal act) they can not continue to profit from that criminal act, ask any attorney. Yet they have for years and we've let them.

The truth is they can't really prove ownership of anything. Just like cloanto can't really prove why it has been robbing the amiga community for years for roms that are 15+ years old now that no one really owns.

And we all just let the amiga grave robbers continue to try and rob people for a history and a legacy that WE the users should really own.

Meanwhile, there are worthwhile projects like AROS, Icaros, AEROS, IMICA,MORPHOS, Netami, minimig/minimigaga and so on being developed by people who obviously have a real passion for amiga. They can't use the amiga name, boingball or whatever because the amiga grave robbers won't let them.
Yeah that makes sense...
Steven
all all can be said in one sentance

Those that Talk the talk dont listen to them the ones in background doing the work
and getting on with the job hmmm wonder who that chould be lives not far from here
where i live .. and you have the other lot ... talk is cheap action speak lounder than words
my friends, franko is good man all am going to say
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4 port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_10587.jpg[/url]
actung_bab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #97
kolla
Defender of the Faith
Points: 12,417, Level: 72 Points: 12,417, Level: 72 Points: 12,417, Level: 72
Activity: 80% Activity: 80% Activity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitex View Post
TIC/Check mark
Good luck defending that one, it was abandoned a _long_ time ago.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #98
dammy
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 21,467, Level: 92 Points: 21,467, Level: 92 Points: 21,467, Level: 92
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via Skype™ to dammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Good luck defending that one, it was abandoned a _long_ time ago.
URL if you have one handy.

www.arixfoundation.com
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
dammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #99
cgutjahr
VIP / Donor
Points: 10,518, Level: 68 Points: 10,518, Level: 68 Points: 10,518, Level: 68
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammy View Post
URL if you have one handy.
There is no URL, as the checkmark never was a registered trademark. But it's still a trademark that you can defend, provided you actually use it in your products.

Here's a challenge for you, dammy: What was the last time, the checkmark was used in a product? (everybody: It's a challenge for dammy, please let him answer this one).
cgutjahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #100
dammy
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 21,467, Level: 92 Points: 21,467, Level: 92 Points: 21,467, Level: 92
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via Skype™ to dammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutjahr View Post
There is no URL, as the checkmark never was a registered trademark. But it's still a trademark that you can defend, provided you actually use it in your products.

Here's a challenge for you, dammy: What was the last time, the checkmark was used in a product? (everybody: It's a challenge for dammy, please let him answer this one).
Common Law still applies, just makes it tougher to defend is all.

www.arixfoundation.com
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
dammy is offline   Reply With Quote