amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Amiga computer related discussion General chat about Amiga topics Old Amiga Magazines

General chat about Amiga topics This forum is for conversations which are specifically "Amiga" related, but don't fit into other categories. Contents of this forum do appear on the main page, unlike Talk About. If a subject appears to be non-related, it will be moved to Talk About.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
DLH
Hobbyist
Points: 3,048, Level: 33 Points: 3,048, Level: 33 Points: 3,048, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Default Re: Old Amiga Magazines

I am definately upto the task of scanning anything Amiga related.

I have knocked out most of the US/Canada publications.

I just received copies of the missing AmiGadget magazines and almost all Amiga News (newspaper print stlye) and an issue of AmigoTimes 1.10 that I didn't know existed.

Lots more to come.

DLH
DLH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #32
Erebos
Beginner
Points: 5,129, Level: 45 Points: 5,129, Level: 45 Points: 5,129, Level: 45
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

@DLH
Smells good to me, may the force be with you :-) but no need to redo what has already been done.
see that: http://retropdfs.wordpress.com/curre...e-collections/
and http://www.bombjack.org
Erebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #33
DLH
Hobbyist
Points: 3,048, Level: 33 Points: 3,048, Level: 33 Points: 3,048, Level: 33

Odd when someone points me to my own website.

Such a small world...

Enjoy

DLH
DLH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #34
Digiman
Defender of the Faith
Points: 6,596, Level: 53 Points: 6,596, Level: 53 Points: 6,596, Level: 53
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

I found about 45 issues of CU Amiga today (100% complete but as Mort scanned many badly as usual I'm hoping I can fix that and replace the blurry/warped pages of affected issues) and 25ish of Amiga Format.

I am only about 10 issues short of completing Amiga Power. Sadly few people are willing to donate ST/Amiga mags to scan and ebay are a company I will never use again. FEEL FREE TO DONATE CD32 GAMER/Amiga Power mags btw I don't destroy them for sheet fed scanner, I can flatbed scan nicely too if you want them back.

Found a few CVGs from the AGA years too (ie after issue 126)

Decent scans (quality of magazine condition and resolution improvement) of the first 3 years of ZZAP64 coming soon too. After Rignal and Penn left ZZAP went downhill fast AFAIC so not replacing the rest.

Sad to say ALL my scans in future will be watermarked with "illegal counterfeit ebay sale" too sorry. Currently doing that on my History of Computer + Video Games supplement book I finished scanning.

Oh and I hope the guy who won the VIC Computing mags last month scans them or lets us scan them

(not really of interest but I have located a complete donor set of ST Format but 1000s of miles away! But promised them sometime this year)
Digiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #35
Methuselas
Kindred of Babble-on
Points: 13,332, Level: 75 Points: 13,332, Level: 75 Points: 13,332, Level: 75

Send a message via ICQ to Methuselas Send a message via AIM to Methuselas Send a message via MSN to Methuselas Send a message via Yahoo to Methuselas

Yeah, I remember how excited I got, when an Amazing Computing issue had a "This Old Workbench" story. I loved trying to mod all my various amigas, using stuff he would. LOL! Never a fan of New Icons, until 3.9. Always used MWB, 'cos of This Old Workbench.

'No, sorry. I don't get my tits out. They're not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...' - Miki Berenyi

'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.' - Dark Helmet

'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a sales pitch.' - Karlos. (I didn't ask, obviously......)
Methuselas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #36
KenD
Merely Curious
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

I should have Amiga Shopper scanned, OCR'd and available at RetroPDFs in the next few weeks. Watch this space
KenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #37
Erebos
Beginner
Points: 5,129, Level: 45 Points: 5,129, Level: 45 Points: 5,129, Level: 45
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Thumbs up Re: Old Amiga Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD View Post
I should have Amiga Shopper scanned, OCR'd and available at RetroPDFs in the next few weeks. Watch this space
Let me just tell you how I love your Work !! seriously, How can you hav the patience to scan AND OCR all the mags, this is just Amazing. They're big, but man, they're top quality :-)

I have all the Amiga mags you released until now and always seed them !

I Just donate minutes ago to support your work ;-)

Last edited by Erebos; 04-08-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Erebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #38
KenD
Merely Curious
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebos View Post
Let me just tell you how I love your Work !! seriously, How can you hav the patience to scan AND OCR all the mags, this is just Amazing. They're big, but man, they're top quality :-)
Thanks! Just to clarify, I haven't actually scanned most of the mags on the site so far - I've collected them from around the Interweb, done some minimal clean up a handful of the images and then OCR'd them all. The aim wasn't simply to rehost other's work; I was trying to create my own locally-searchable repository of all the old mags already scanned.

My hat comes off to all those who've scanned mags; I'm currently ploughing through 71 issues of Amiga Shopper, and it's a slow, soul-destroying process ... but it's all worth it to be able to bang a search term into Spotlight and have it find just the article you were looking for
KenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #39
AmigaNG
Technoid
Points: 5,343, Level: 46 Points: 5,343, Level: 46 Points: 5,343, Level: 46

I love amiga mag, not having much money as a kid it was a highlight getting a monthly copy of Amiga Format playing around with the lastest demos and software usually wishing I could buy all the software and games I read about in the mag.

Back I think in 2000, when I bought a second hand Amiga, the guy gave me his HUGE collection of Amiga mags, nearly all mint condition, it was great reading all the early issues, and kinda of funny when reading like reviews of the first 68030 and 040 and how much power and speed they gave the Amiga, and my Amiga was more powerful than that.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #40
james666
Merely Curious
Points: 5,109, Level: 45 Points: 5,109, Level: 45 Points: 5,109, Level: 45
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzb494 View Post
Not sure this set of mags has been scanned yet and I have all the copies plus spares...

The Worlds Most Black and White Amiga Magazine
I would love to see scans of JAM. Jeff Walker was one of the greatest Amiga writers.
james666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #41
danwood
Premium Member
Points: 8,564, Level: 62 Points: 8,564, Level: 62 Points: 8,564, Level: 62
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD View Post
Great news, Shopper was one of my favourites. Still amazed nobody has done Amiga Format yet after all these years, it was the most popular Amiga mag by far, yet seems to be the most scarce on-line nowadays!

More Amiga Magazine memories in this video: http://youtu.be/w0nrYI8XitM
danwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:02 AM   #42
miggymac
Merely Curious
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Smile Re: Old Amiga Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafS3 View Post
I have the permission to scan and distribute the "Amiga Magazin". It was well known in Germany. Perhaps other here get permissions for "English" magazines too. It is a great source for tips. courses ...
Would be very nice to have this fantastic magazine preserved for the future... I was searching for them for years now, without success. If you finish scanning them and bring them online for all, you'll be my god forever
miggymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:15 AM   #43
basquemactee
Merely Curious
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1

My first post here and already I'm begging for a bit of help............apologies to all!!

Does anyone have any other links to Amiga Format mag downloads as i'm desperately trying to get the full collection. I've looked at AMR (good site) but they're not the full ones, and various others like bombjack etc., but I'm still missing a shedload.

Thanks!!
basquemactee is offline   Reply With Quote