Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new project started :)  (Read 5316 times)

Description:

Offline maw2kTopic starter

• Show only replies by maw2k
new project started :)
« on: November 05, 2011, 01:41:04 AM »
hey guys,

i just wanted to let you know, that a new small Amiga project has started. Well just a website.

tata: http://amigamap.com

Out of a discussion on a1k.org came the idea that it would be helpful to   know, how many Amiga computer are still active world wide. The result   is now Amigamap.com.  

It would be great if you contribute to the project thanks

If you find a bug or have suggestions or whatever. Msg me

M.
Be more concerned with your CHARACTER than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your REPUTATION is merely what others think you are.

Offline mpiva

• Show only replies by mpiva
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
Re: new project started :)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:16:54 AM »
I have several Amigas plus a Sam460. Am I supposed to register each one separately?
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »
It's the only way and you have to use a different email address for each machine.

Not the best method by any means. :-)

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
you should also be able to add the serial number of the machine, picture and info about the owner.... so it get a bit more serious. you can get a few good tips on how it is done over at http://c64preservation.com/

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
Quote from: mpiva;666627
I have several Amigas plus a Sam460. Am I supposed to register each one separately?

right now its like this. i will update this today, that you can register more in one time.

Quote from: crawff;666632
It's the only way and you have to use a different email address for each machine.

no, you use just one email. After you registered the first machine and confirmed it via email, you can login and register the rest of your machines without the need to confirm them any more :)
Be more concerned with your CHARACTER than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your REPUTATION is merely what others think you are.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »
Quote from: A1260;666645
you should also be able to add the serial number of the machine, picture and info about the owner.... so it get a bit more serious. you can get a few good tips on how it is done over at http://c64preservation.com/

thanks mate, I have something like this in my mind. :) step-by-step :)

Offline number6

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
Quote from: maw2k;666611
hey guys,

i just wanted to let you know, that a new small Amiga project has started. Well just a website.

tata: http://amigamap.com

Out of a discussion on a1k.org came the idea that it would be helpful to   know, how many Amiga computer are still active world wide. The result   is now Amigamap.com.  

It would be great if you contribute to the project thanks

If you find a bug or have suggestions or whatever. Msg me

M.

Is this a similar effort?
http://map.minimig.net/

Offline rebraist

• Show only replies by rebraist
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »
Good work.
It would be interesting to see all amiga compatible systems (i.e. morphos machines or aros ones too).
bye!:)
I\'m not an heretic: an heretic is a morphos user! I\'m a perverted: i\'m an aros user!
edit:...i\'m now an heretic perverted... i\'m a morpharosian...
Evil has no limits... I\'ve even os4.1 too...
Is there in my house any space to sleep still?

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 01:01:54 PM »
Quote from: number6;666651
Is this a similar effort?
http://map.minimig.net/

not directly, we don't see there how many machines are in each country. And also how many from each type of Amiga.

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 02:03:59 PM »
I spend the project today a little update. User have now an account page to manage there systems (basic for now)  and user data.

all the best
Mario

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »
There was a G Maps thing like this...

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 08:35:46 PM »
some small updates on the account page online. also you see now local and global contributors.

tonight goes more options (selectable specs) for each system in the account page online and will be shown also in a separate graph.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »
this map isnt going to contain any viable information except overall polularity estimations.
i dont even know how many amigas do i currently own, evcen if i count spare parts and disassembled systems out. and im not going to fill technical info for any of them, thats well beyond what i care or have time for.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 09:02:19 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;666804
this map isnt going to contain any viable information except overall polularity estimations.

and this is all about. to have a clou. It is not possible to do this 100% correct. But we are not millions out there, so it give us a small overview.

Quote from: wawrzon;666804
and im not going to fill  technical info for any of them, thats well beyond what i care or have  time for.

there is no need to do this. it is a plus not more.

guys try not to find something negative because of whatever, also when i can life well with critic. Like i said, we are not millions out there. And nobody force anybody to do it. BUT it would be cool if the most would contribute.  ..maybe this helps also some company's to produce new hardware for the classic ones. I don't know.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:07:40 PM by maw2k »

Offline 560SL

• Show only replies by 560SL
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »
Ok, interesting project. I just added a couple of my systems.

Found a slightly annoying thing (bug?) too. Seems I can only update information about one system at a time. When I press one of the 'Update' buttons, the information for the other system is wasted. Should be fairly easy to fix.

I like the idea of attached pictures, as with c64preservation.

Would also be interesting with information like where the system was bought, cost etc (if available).
AmigaOS: Forward Into The Past