Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiWest 2011 Broadcast  (Read 3197 times)

Description:

Offline RyuTopic starter

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
AmiWest 2011 Broadcast
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »
For the 4th year running IntuitionBase.com in co-operation with ZiaSpace will be helping to broadcast the live video stream from this years AmiWest.

Bill Bosari (Tekmage) has done a fantastic job in broadcasting shows for many years helping those less fortunate to attend to be able to watch and listen to the announcements and goings on at these fantastic events.

It is a privilege and honor that we are able to support Bill in his efforts to bring AmiWest to everyone.

For more details on how to tune into the streams please head on over to the broadcast section on the office AmiWest 2011 website
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline djrikki

• Show only replies by djrikki
Re: AmiWest 2011 Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »
Broadcast begins:

10.40 - Sacramento, California

Time-zones, West to East:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?day=22&month=10&year=2011&hour=22&min=40&sec=0&p1=217&p2=136

If your location is not shown below, click link above then click 'Make changes to the current search' to select your location.

10.40 - Sacramento, Phoenix
12.40 - Chicago, Houston
13.40 - start spreading the news... New York, Miami
14.40 - Santiago
15.40 - Rio de Janeiro
17.40 - Reykjavik
18.40 - London, Lisbon
19.40 - Paris, Berlin, Geneva, Madrid, Cape Town, Cairo
20.40 - Athens, Istanbul
21.40 - Moscow
00.40 - Bangkok
01.40 - Beijing
02.40 - Tokyo
03.10 - Darwin
04.40 - Sydney
06.40 - Wellington, Auckland

Video stream:

Mplayer, WinAmp, VLC - Open Network - http://stream.ziaspace.com:8000/;stream.nsv

Audio Stream also available:

iTunes, TuneNet, AmiNetRadio, WinAmp - http://server2.amigaworld.net:8000/listen.pls

Dial-up users: http://server2.amigaworld.net:8002/listen.pls

Webcams also available:

http://www.amiwest.net/broadcast/index.html

Offline x303

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 06:16:41 PM »
Now watching the build-up. Stream works pretty good. Hope it stays up.

edit: A/V stream also works on A68K, just type: ffplay http://stream.ziaspace.com:8000
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:52:16 PM by x303 »

Offline ptek

• Show only replies by ptek
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »
Always nice to watch AmiWest. Hope to be there someday :)
Just watched most of the Solie's presentation, just missed the start.

Are the shows being recorded for offline viewing?
Onions have layers ...

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
Quote from: ptek;664612
Always nice to watch AmiWest. Hope to be there someday :)
Just watched most of the Solie's presentation, just missed the start.

If more people do not make the effort to attend shows like this one, they MIGHT cease to attract vendors to sponsor the show and it will turn into a glorified user meeting with ZERO vendors sponsoring it, or even attending it.

Take advantage of these opportunities before they disappear.  The Amiga community is small and fragile. Help it grow, or watch it die even faster.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;664613
If more people do not make the effort to attend shows like this one, they MIGHT cease to attract vendors...

Help it grow, or watch it die even faster.

Oh, as long as there's no guilt then...

:confused:

You forgot the "dogs and cats, living together" part tho...

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »
Quote from: ptek;664612

Yes, they are.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 10:30:54 AM »
Quote from: desiv;664616
Oh, as long as there's no guilt then...

:confused:

You forgot the "dogs and cats, living together" part tho...

desiv

No guilt, just the facts.  Consider it a wake up call to some Amiga users who think it is still okay to just sit on the sidelines and hope the community will maintain it's number of users, or grow on it's own without their efforts.  

This community continues to lose users, vendors and programmers and if more of the remaining users do not do more to help the few remaining vendors, programmers and events when they can, those people and/or events will cease to be part of this community and the community itself will one day cease to exist.

If you can't attend AmiWest, at least do something else that helps maintain, or grow this tiny community.  Those who can attend AmiWest Shows, should make more of an effort to be here.

P.S.  I don't consider sarcasm to be helping this community in any way, but you may think it is entertaining.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:34:35 AM by amigadave »

Offline JimS

• Show only replies by JimS
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 03:03:36 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;664670

If you can't attend AmiWest, at least do something else that helps maintain, or grow this tiny community.  Those who can attend AmiWest Shows, should make more of an effort to be here.

Something just stuck me here.... Back in the days when I went to sci-fi conventions, They had the idea of "attending" and "sustaining" memberships. Folks with sustaining memberships obviously did not actually attend the show, but their "ticket", at less than the attending rate, got them the pre-con materials, the convention book, and voting rights in some of the fannish contests.

Of course, this was back in the Elder Days when such things were done via Snail Mail. But perhaps something could be done like it at AmiWest. Maybe a DVD of the panels? Just a thought...
Obsolescence is futile. You will be emulated. - Amigus of Borg

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »
No guilt, just the facts.  Consider it a wake up call to some Amiga users who think it is still okay to just sit on the sidelines and hope the community will maintain it's number of users, or grow on it's own without their efforts.  

This community continues to lose users, vendors and programmers and if more of the remaining users do not do more to help the few remaining vendors, programmers and events when they can, those people and/or events will cease to be part of this community and the community itself will one day cease to exist.

P.S.  I don't consider sarcasm to be helping this community in any way, but you may think it is entertaining.

What a strange grouping of passive aggressive comments, sorry.  I applaud everything you, and other guys in users groups do to "keep the dream alive", and I also understand how much work you guys put in.  There's more to "the community" than shows, and A.org is the epitome of that - warts and all.

Truth is, our hobby revolves around computers that quit being made nearly 20 years ago.  For many of us in this economy, there's 2 choices:  go to Amiwest, or keep your kids fed and try and help the community remotely from the web if you can in any small form.  This isn't '94 anymore, people have responsibilities.  

It's a hobby, we all do what we can, have fun with it how we can.  I just found the weird guilt laden statements awfully offputting.

I guess it's a wake up call to me in the fact I'd never want to deal with any event with attitudes like this.

Offline Sandman

• Show only replies by Sandman
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 05:20:17 PM »
Quote from: Duce;664698
What a strange grouping of passive aggressive comments, sorry.  I applaud everything you, and other guys in users groups do to "keep the dream alive", and I also understand how much work you guys put in.  There's more to "the community" than shows, and A.org is the epitome of that - warts and all.

Truth is, our hobby revolves around computers that quit being made nearly 20 years ago.  For many of us in this economy, there's 2 choices:  go to Amiwest, or keep your kids fed and try and help the community remotely from the web if you can in any small form.  This isn't '94 anymore, people have responsibilities.  

It's a hobby, we all do what we can, have fun with it how we can.  I just found the weird guilt laden statements awfully offputting.

I guess it's a wake up call to me in the fact I'd never want to deal with any event with attitudes like this.

I agree 100%, I too enjoy watching the webcast of this show and was going to comment saying such but sheesh I don't feel like being b'slapped for trying to say something positive.  Makes me want to avoid the whole situation, thanks.  Sad.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:32:17 PM by Sandman »

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

I do consider it entertaining "sometimes"...  yes...  :)

As for the "guilt" part, as you can see, I'm not the only one who got that feeling....

The show looks like fun...
Good information from vendors whose products I buy (that's one of the things I do to help the community....)...

I wish them the best...

I have considered going, but haven't for 2 main reasons..
One, distance..  It'd be a long trip and the wife isn't as into Amiga's as I am..  ;-)
Two, people..  There are some "strong" personalities (shall we say) in the hobby...  I can handle the condescension and everything else on forums..  It's the Internet..  But I'm not sure I'd like to travel to get that in person..

Now, maybe it wouldn't be like that...  Maybe, in person and not on the Internet, people are nicer...  (Actually, that's probably a given..)

I appreciate enthusiasm and I'm glad you want people to attend and "grow" the Amiga.  But I think if you continue to "guilt" people into it (whether or not you think you did..  WE think you did..), it will actually make people LESS likely to attend..

What was that thing my Grandma used to say?  You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...

Just a thought..

I hope the show continues to go well...

And I hope it has continued success..  

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 12:40:44 AM »
Quote from: Duce;664698

Take my comments however you want to.  I made them with the intention to make people think about their participation, or lack of participation in helping this community survive, or hopefully grow.

If you are already doing all you can in that regard, then I applaud you.  If you are not and wish to see this community and shows, vendors, programmers survive, or grow, then think of ways you can contribute.

I am not going to apologize for my comments urging more people to attend shows like this one, but I am sorry if my choice of words has offended anyone, as that was not the intent.

I hope to see more of you at next year's AmiWest Show and also hope that the group of people discussing trying to organize an East Coast Amiga related show in the future can make it happen.

Each of us must evaluate if you are personally doing all you can, or all you want to do for this community.  I am not judging any of you for not being here this year, but I do urge more of you to try to be here next year, or participate more in your own ways.

Offline ciento

• Show only replies by ciento
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 02:13:23 AM »
An east coat show the first weekend of spring break, in a coastal resort area of the Carolinas, might help people up and down the coast  make a vacation plan that would not include rushing home after 'ami-East', and help kids or spouses to have fun alternatives, while the men-folk attended the show. It might also nicely coincide with release of the Amiga Netbook, and other products. And be cheaper air fare for a vendor from europe. The Friedens might find dining on softshell crabs and fresh local shrimp, were well worth the travel costs.  :)

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 05:12:38 AM »
Think of us guilt trippers as NPR fundraising reps.

If we don't ask... most might not give.

BTW, I attended 11 of 12 show (sick last year), My wife never attends (she just rolls her eyes)
But I choose to attend meeting, use my personal gear, use what little cash I have, to be involved. Because I want to!!!

If you don't want, don't.
But PLEASE don't complain because we ask. As required. We aren't rich either.
If every body came, we could just announce.
See snowball chances...