Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Project Metropolis Now Available for AmigaOS 4.x, MorphOS 2.x, AROS & Classic Amiga  (Read 5659 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
The Project Metropolis Cloud-based Application Storefront is now available and the first applications can be purchased for Instant Download. We are also having a 72 Hour sale on the first apps that ends on June 10th, 2011.

Welcome to the unified future that allows you to download all your commercial AmigaOS 4.x, MorphOS 2.x, AROS and Classic Amiga applications at one place instantly.

Project Metropolis

Project Metropolis FAQ
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:22:33 PM by SysAdmin »
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline cicero790

• Show only replies by cicero790
Great project. Thanks for making it.
A1200 030 40MHz: 2/32MB Indivision AGA MkII
A600 7 MHz: 2MB
AROS 600 MHz
PC 13600 MHz: quad core i7 2600K 3.4GHz: 16GB RAM: ATI HD6950 2GB   (Yes I know)

WINUAE AmiKit ClassicWB AmigaSYS UAE4Droid  

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
Quote from: Transition;643191
The Project Metropolis Cloud-based Application Storefront is now available and the first applications can be purchased for Instant Download. We are also having a 72 Hour sale on the first apps that ends on June 10th, 2011.

Welcome to the unified future that allows you to download all your commercial Amiga OS 4.x, MorphOS 2.x, AROS and Classic Amiga applications at one place instantly.

Project Metropolis

Project Metropolis FAQ

Cool, Looking forward to see the progress......

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
This is actually a rather cool idea :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Quote from: bloodline;643235
This is actually a rather cool idea :)

Does your agreement with Apple via their App Store for your iPhone game prevent it from being offered in other locations, or for sale on your own site, if you chose to create your own site to sell it from?  Just curious.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Cammy

Where exactly is the client software to download, I can't find it anywhere on the site?

Is Project Metropolis just a web page with Paypal/download links? I was under the impression you had programmed some app-store/package management type software for all four Amiga OSs to log into your online store and make online purchases and downloads. I notice on the page that the Instant Download Software requires an Amiga OS, but I'm not sure where to download that software.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline HammerD

Quote from: Cammy;643286
Where exactly is the client software to download, I can't find it anywhere on the site?

Is Project Metropolis just a web page with Paypal/download links? I was under the impression you had programmed some app-store/package management type software for all four Amiga OSs to log into your online store and make online purchases and downloads. I notice on the page that the Instant Download Software requires an Amiga OS, but I'm not sure where to download that software.

Hi Cammy, I was under that impression too, but it appears just to be a web page with links to paypal to pay for the software.

I wonder if that site works properly with IBrowse...have to go home and try it.
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!

Offline Cammy

It works well enough in IBrowse. Obviously the Flash animation at the top of the page doesn't, but the page is laid out properly and the images and colours look fine.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
With all due respect, I figured it'd be an application (ala itunes, android and windows marketplaces) as well.  Is this just a webstore, or am I missing something?  I've been shopping on Amiga webstores for years, bricks and mortar and some instant software download ones such as Cloanto's.

I applaud the idea, don't get me wrong - just wondering if I missed something here, or if more was being planned.

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
Quote from: Cammy;643286

We thought about having client software made but decided why make the process more complex then needed. Instead you get a link on how to download the software in your e-mail once you purchase it. Crisp and Clean, No Caffeine.

Offline Fransexy_

• Show only replies by Fransexy_
Quote from: Pyromania;643333
We thought about having client software made but decided why make the process more complex then needed. Instead you get a link on how to download the software in your e-mail once you purchase it. Crisp and Clean, No Caffeine.

So it's not even inmediate? More and more that sounds like a....... like a...... like a...... CRAP?
DON\'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY AFTER ALL NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE OF IT

Offline trekiej

Compared to getting dressed, driving to store, standing in line, etc. it sounds good to me.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline trekiej

How will Hollywood executables be handled?
Will we be able to upload/download mp3 music or video?
I need to recheck the FAQ.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
Quote from: Fransexy_;643343
So it's not even inmediate? More and more that sounds like a....... like a...... like a...... CRAP?

Maybe we were wrong to not have a client app for the launch of Project Metropolis. If that proves to be the case as time goes on then we will make one. It would have to be for six operating systems.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:38:35 AM by Pyromania »

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
DiscreetFX should know by now that this group is very hard to please and setting up this kind of online app store, without doing the required research and work to make it smoother and better than Apple's App Store, would generate a lot of criticism, and/or complaints.

The idea is generally one that is appreciated by most, but the implementation appears to need some work to satisfy this crowd.

Funny how almost every new Amiga related endeavor gets met with either wild fanatic support, or harsh criticism, or both, but not much feedback that is between these two opposite poles.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)