Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Goose's going out of business sale...  (Read 3249 times)

Description:

Offline TheGooseTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheGoose
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
The Goose's going out of business sale...
« on: May 30, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »
I have been meaning to part with my A1200T for awhile now but think I have it in shape enough now to post it. Prelimnary information is this:

A1200T 68040 25Mhz 603e+ PPC 210Mhz
3.1 ROMs
B-vision 8MB
256 MB FASTRAM

Mediator PCI 1200
4 way IDE interface
Subway USB
WiFi card
Lyra Keyboard Adapter
Cocolino PS2 mouse adapter

Maxtor IDE Harddrive
IDE CDROM
880K Floppy
Keyboard & Mouse
AMAS MIDI and digitizer

AOS 3.9 / 4.1C

Asking $600.00 USD pretty firm. I view it as nice 68K system with a free PPC to play around with. USA & Canada only need apply. PayPal will be used.
Some starter pics are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/1977rabbit/A1200T#

Will add some notes and caveats next...

*** EDIT, buyer pays shipping, sorry forgot to say that.....
*** Ships from Cary NC
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:33:18 AM by TheGoose »
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline Crom00

• Show only replies by Crom00
Re: The Goose's going out of business sale...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:37:36 PM »
Interested in this system is it still around?
PM SENT

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:03:46 AM »
Quote from: TheGoose;641456
I have been meaning to part with my A1200T for awhile now but think I have it in shape enough now to post it. Prelimnary information is this:

A1200T 68040 25Mhz 603e+ PPC 210Mhz
3.1 ROMs
B-vision 8MB
256 MB FASTRAM

Mediator PCI 1200
4 way IDE interface
Subway USB
WiFi card
Lyra Keyboard Adapter
Cocolino PS2 mouse adapter

Maxtor IDE Harddrive
IDE CDROM
880K Floppy
Keybaord & Mouse
AMAS MIDI and digitizer

AOS 3.9 / 4.1C

Asking $600.00 USD pretty firm. I view it as nice 68K system with a free PPC to play around with. USA & Canada only need apply. PayPal will be used.
Some starter pics are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/1977rabbit/A1200T#

Will add some notes and caveats next...

*** EDIT, buyer pays shipping, sorry forgot to say that.....

Damn dude, I forgot to bring you back your OS 3.1 disks this weekend! Sorry about that.
Also, That's pretty damn cheap for this system.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 12:27:41 AM »
@spihunter, no worries, turnned out I didn't really need'em.

So what what's not quite right with this rig, not much. The PPC is not very powerful and is more useful from the 68K side (datatypes, crunchers, some game ports, etc.) OS4.1, it  loads but as many have said, what else you might get it to do will be your challenge. Funny thing is about AOS4.1C, after a weekend of playing with it, is that it is surprisingly quick and response, looks really nice too on such a low spec machine.

The keyboard adapter occasionally gives trouble on the back plate, you just need to re-insert the keyboard into the socket. I think it shorts against the metal case (this does no harm), it just makes Ctrl + Amiga reset the machine instead of Ctrl + A + A  

B-vision - sometimes shows off colors as the cable inside will pick up interference depending on where it has shifted around. I usually do nothing and it goes away. Really though, still works great.

Phase 5 firmware - I have tried some of the latter ones, and the one installed currently gives the best stability. I would advise against changing it.

Original Phase 5 cooler, still got it with the clips. The fan died some time back and the fan power connector stopped delivering power. So, I came up with a pretty tidy solution. The current fan is connected to a fan controller on the back. Easier to deal with and replace into the future.

That's it really. I'm gonna miss this board I bought it when I lived at home with Mom and Dad in college and had no monetary responsibilities! I am the original owner.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:38:19 AM by TheGoose »

I\'m on Google +

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 12:35:54 AM »
Gawd... first thing is I hope this doesn't mean your abandoning the Amga scene Goose... :(

and Gawd blimy and crickey... your robbing yourself a that price... you wouldn't even be able to buy your PPC card on eBay here in the UK for $600... :eek:

You've either gone completely stark raving mad or your real name is Santa Clause... :)

We'll whichever it is your going to make someone very very happy with a bargain like that and for that I take my hat off to you... :)

PS:for some reason I thought you were Scandinavian... :)

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:54:56 AM »
Quote from: Franko;641466
Gawd... first thing is I hope this doesn't mean your abandoning the Amga scene Goose... :(

and Gawd blimy and crickey... your robbing yourself a that price... you wouldn't even be able to buy your PPC card on eBay here in the UK for $600... :eek:

You've either gone completely stark raving mad or your real name is Santa Clause... :)

We'll whichever it is your going to make someone very very happy with a bargain like that and for that I take my hat off to you... :)

PS:for some reason I thought you were Scandinavian... :)

Oh no, will probably always own an Amiga and not going anywhere fast (LOL made a funny).

It is priced to sell. I don't care so much about the money, hope it finds a good home (someone who can code or make music :) ). Either way it's a PPC with a free computer attached or a nice 68K box with a free PPC included.

Now how did you know I'm ancestrally a stupid Swede. :lol:

I\'m on Google +

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 01:03:10 AM »
damn that's a GREAT deal :)...hope it goes to a good home and not to someone that will eBay it asap
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 01:11:34 AM »
Quote from: TheGoose;641467
Oh no, will probably always own an Amiga and not going anywhere fast (LOL made a funny).

Now how did you know I'm ancestrally a stupid Swede. :lol:

Glad to hear that and I'm sure that treasure trove will fly out the door at that price... :)

Strange I was going to write Swedish, it's the glasses and the mad cuckoo clock inventor hairdo that gave you away... ;)

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 01:23:05 AM »
Even as firmly entrenched in NG as I am, I wish I had the funds for that.
Your asking price is remarkably low.
As others have stated, I do hope the new owner doesn't pull it apart to sell the components.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 02:24:01 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;641472
....... I do hope the new owner doesn't pull it apart to sell the components.

That is exactly what is going to happen to it!  I would be tempted to do it myself, but I just spent a big chunk of cash with AmigaKit and also the last thing I need is another Amiga system, as I already have way too many Classic and NG systems around here.

Someone with the spare cash is going to buy it and part it out on eBay, or AmiBay and make at least double that money back.

Goose, what does the "C" in AmigaOS4.1C stand for?  Is that the latest commercial release of 4.1 for Classic Amiga's?  I guess it would have to be, but I wonder why you would decide to sell your A1200 PPC tower right after buying 4.1 for Classic within the last month.  Do you have another PPC Classic system to run AmigaOS4.1 on, or are you using a SAM, or other AmigaOne?

Lastly, can you give us a review of AmigaOS4.1 for Classic before you sell your system.  I have been considering it for my CSPPC A4000, but have been waiting for more information before I make a purchase.

Edit:  Also would be a great candidate for upgrading by Delshay, or Stachu to put a faster PPC and 68060 chips on it.  Getting it at such a great low price would make it more worthwhile to spend some extra money to make it about twice as fast by sending it to one of those two wizards of hardware upgrades.  Delshay claims to be able to accelerate a Blizzard PPC up to 550MHz!  But I have only seen screen shots of about 400MHz so far.  I also don't know about compatibility with the 550MHz speed he claims to be able to accomplish, as he states that he is using a different PPC chip, not a 603, or 604e at those speeds (up to 500MHz on CSPPC).  Does anyone else have any info about Delshay's screaming PPC upgrades?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:32:51 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 02:31:42 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;641477
That is exactly what is going to happen to it!

Someone with the spare cash is going to buy it and part it out on eBay, or AmiBay and make at least double that money back.  

Well that's perfectly dreadful. Now I do wish I wasn't in the middle of remodeling a couple rooms of my house.

Damn. Won't one of you Amiga nuts with a soul out there buy this a save it from its grave fate? Just the fact that its a complete PPC equipped system with OS4.1 ought count for something.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 02:43:27 AM »
Oh nooo,  don't say that. But I guess that's a sad possibility.

C is for classic. Think I'll make a little video to show it works ok...

"Edit: Also would be a great candidate for upgrading by Delshay, or Stachu to put a faster PPC and 68060 chips on it. Getting it at such a great low price would make it more worthwhile to spend some extra money to make it about twice as fast by sending it to one of those two wizards of hardware upgrades. Delshay claims to be able to accelerate a Blizzard PPC up to 550MHz! But I have only seen screen shots of about 400MHz so far. I also don't know about compatibility with the 550MHz speed he claims to be able to accomplish, as he states that he is using a different PPC chip, not a 603, or 604e at those speeds (up to 500MHz on CSPPC). Does anyone else have any info about Delshay's screaming PPC upgrades? "

Yes, I thought about keeping it, and having this done to it... may be a good candidate for this...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:47:41 AM by TheGoose »

I\'m on Google +

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 03:52:58 AM »
Update:

I have a possible buyer, so things are on hold for that person as of now...

I\'m on Google +

Offline Astral

• Show only replies by Astral
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 04:28:52 AM »
Will PM you

Offline Mizar

• Show only replies by Mizar
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 05:03:42 AM »
Wow, pretty nice and thoroughly expanded system.  I guess that'd be one way to go instead of my plan to upgrade the hell out of my 030/40 32MB AGA A1200, and probably cheaper too.

Quote from: Franko;641469
Glad to hear that and I'm sure that treasure trove will fly out the door at that price... :)

Strange I was going to write Swedish, it's the glasses and the mad cuckoo clock inventor hairdo that gave you away... ;)

Yeah that's a steal, I was gonna say I'm sure it'll be gone/sold in less than a day.  Looks like it was only 4 1/2 hours, sounds about right to me!

You're funny as hell, Franko!  :lol:
Amiga Tech. A1200: Apollo 1230/40 MHz & 882/50 MHz, 32 MB fast RAM, WD 298 GB HD (320 SI GB), Sony 1760 KB floppy, Surf Squirrel SCSI-II & buffered  serial, Ricoh CDRW 6x4x24, USR 33.6 Kbps modem, MV1200 scan doubler, Compaq 17" SVGA, KS 3.1, OS3.9 BB1, Genesis 45.7, Miami 3.2b, AWeb 3.5.09 APL

C= A500: 68000, 512 KB chip, 512 KB fast, 880 KB floppy x 2, 1084S, KS 1.3, OS 1.3