Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga911 Maker v1.38  (Read 2626 times)

Description:

Offline PanterHZTopic starter

• Show only replies by PanterHZ
    • http://www.rhz1.com
Amiga911 Maker v1.38
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:18:06 PM »
Version 1.38 of the easy to use boot disk creator Amiga 911 Maker has just been released.

A lot of work has been done on this program, but there still is a lot of features I want to add to it. A while ago I thought it would be really cool to make it possible to include an USB stack on the Amiga911 disk, just so it could be possible to use USB pen drives, mice and keyboards after booting the floppy. But I really see no point in starting to work on that right now (see further below).

Since the list of all changes is almost as long as a bad year, I will only mention the most important ones here:

*  This version of Amiga911 Maker introduces a new System0 dir & System0.lzx archive which are optional. They can contain files that patches the system and requires a reboot upon booting the Amiga911 disk. One example of this is a newer scsi.device used with LoadModule.

*  XPK crunching. When creating a boot disk of the Low-mem type (which are meant for Amigas with less than 2MB RAM), the majority of commands and libraries will be copied directly to the disk instead of being added to the LZX archives. These files can now be XPK crunched instead, this will lead to smaller files which in turn leads to more stuff that can be included on the disk.

*  Three file managers are now supported, so in addition to FileMaster3, you can also choose DiskMaster2 or Ordering.

*  The Amiga911 boot disk can now contain all the files required for setting up harddisks larger than 4GB. This includes IDEfix and/or newer scsi.device.

*  The boot disk can now also contain FastFileSystem (original or patched), SmartFileSystem and/or ProfessionalFileSystem (PFS2/3).

*  Reading and writing ADF disk images is now possible after booting the Amiga911 disk, this can easily be done by using TransADF + a simple script I have created, this script is in the same style as mARK where it uses the RequestChoice and RequestFile commands.

*  USB support! Yes the Amiga911 boot disk can now include all files required for running a usb stack after booting, and both Poseidon and Anaiis is supported.
With Poseidon you will be limited to using usb hubs and mass storage devices + usb mice & keyboards (optional) only. Furthermore Trident prefs will not be used because of disk space limitations, and a special cut-down version of poseidon.library will be included on the disk, This library have been supplied to me by Chris Hodges, and I have his permission to include it with the Amiga911Maker distribution.
Anaiis support is a bit experimental at the moment. I can get it to work with usb mice and keyboards, but not properly with mass storage devices, the reason for this might be compability problems with my main A1200 (040 CPU), and unfortunately it is my only Amiga with usb support at the moment.

For more information, go to this page: http://rhz1.com/amiga911maker

Offline Puni/Void

• Show only replies by Puni/Void
    • Old School Game Blog
Re: Amiga911 Maker v1.38
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:06:56 AM »
Nice! Thanks for creating this. Will defintely check it out. Good to have in handy for a rainy day!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 03:24:03 PM »
Excellent news, thanks! :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 12:46:49 AM »
Really cool project. Thank you so so much.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:58:16 AM »
Great project!

Thanks for all of your efforts that benefit us Classic Amiga users.

Edit:  Just had a good look around at most of your Amiga911 website and am now even more impressed with the project.  It is clear that you have put a lot of time and effort into this project and have created an excellent, informative website to go along with all of your work on the Amiga911 files and scripts.  This is the kind of thing that has made the Amiga great and I can't give you too much praise for your work and commitment to detail and excellence.  Well done!  I will use your project and website as an example of great work to young computer users that I teach in the future. (I am getting ready to start advertising some new classes for this Summer, as I have experienced a lot of joy from teaching kids about computers on the Amiga in the past and want to do it again).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:40:22 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 02:35:09 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;639639
(I am getting ready to start advertising some new classes for this Summer, as I have experienced a lot of joy from teaching kids about computers on the Amiga in the past and want to do it again).

Big Bear Lake AND Amiga computer classes?  That's a little slice of heaven right there! :afro:

Offline TheGoose

• Show only replies by TheGoose
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 11:42:55 PM »
Ah, this is very helpful, I think in re-doing my tower...

Thanks, will let you know how it goes.
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 07:00:07 PM »
Well, I have to say that this is the most awesome program EVER!  I made my PFS3 formatter disk and it worked a treat.  It only sees 8GB of my 20GB drive tho.  Is there a way to make it see the whole shebang?