|12-17-2003, 11:40 AM||#1|
Kindred of Babble-on
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
I'm thinking of getting it, now that it can actually be used. :-)
Anyways, my main usage would be for:
* USB mouse
* Digital Camera
* USB 2.5" portable hard-drive
* Possibly a printer too
I've never had a chance of using Amiga and USB devices before so I don't know what to expect from all this. Here come the questions!
Does the mouse work in early-startup-menu?
Does the mouse work in games as if it were the real Ami mouse, or it only works within the OS itself?
Scroll button support?
Would plugging in a portable USB hard drive, or digital camera auto mount as with PC/Windows?
Anything else I should know?
Thanks in advance! :-)
|12-17-2003, 12:36 PM||#2|
Resident blue troll
Join Date: Feb 2002
Re: Spider USB
1) only after a warm reset (or if you use real USB-cards like the Algor or a HighWay + ROMulus-update :-P ).
2) Only OS-friendly games.
4) Yes (I think you need to install the Fat95-stuff if you use Win-formated media/drives).
5) Register Poseidon, register Poseidon, register Poseidon ...... :-o
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else
|spider , usb|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PCI USB other than Spider?||jiffydos||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||0||04-20-2006 08:22 PM|
|Spider USB help||Ianoakley||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||4||02-03-2006 12:08 PM|
|Spider II USB 2.0||TiredOLife||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||0||12-29-2005 08:40 AM|
|Spider USB||machinehead||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||4||05-01-2003 09:57 AM|
|Spider USB||MikeB||Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion||5||03-20-2003 09:18 AM|