Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kickstart 3.2  (Read 3185 times)

Description:

Offline minatorTopic starter

• Show only replies by minator
    • http://www.blachford.info
Kickstart 3.2
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »
Hi all,

Afte being asked no end of times I have finally managed to get Kickstart 3.2 extracted from the Walker ROMs.

They're currently just raw dumps so will need processed to create a readable image but it's a start.

I'm not actually sure if 3.2 will work in UAE, it depends on the Walker memory map.  I don't imagine it'll be too much of a problem to get it working though.

I don't have the rights to distribute this myself but I know a man who does so I just sent him an email...

Offline Gulliver

Re: Kickstart 3.2
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:43:41 PM »
I am very interested to see they get released. :)

BTW, probably WinUAE´s author, Tony Wilen can be asked to introduce some kind of hardware mapping scheme so that WinUAE may be able to boot from a Walker like config.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:48:06 PM by Gulliver »

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »
Quote from: minator;615778
Hi all,

Afte being asked no end of times I have finally managed to get Kickstart 3.2 extracted from the Walker ROMs.

They're currently just raw dumps so will need processed to create a readable image but it's a start.

I'm not actually sure if 3.2 will work in UAE, it depends on the Walker memory map.  I don't imagine it'll be too much of a problem to get it working though.

I don't have the rights to distribute this myself but I know a man who does so I just sent him an email...

I haven't received the email yet..... (see sig) ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »
Great! It be nice  if they get included part of Amiga Forever and maybe a configuration all set up of what the Walker performance might of been. Was their also workbench 3.2 disks/software? But any way good work.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »
Forget those losers Cloanto who shaft people with their overpriced crippled interpretation of a FREE emulator.

Encrypt the ROM and keep it away from a company who has invested zero percent of their profits to benefit any real Amiga hardware/software project.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:04:14 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;615807
Forget those losers Cloanto who shaft people with their overpriced crippled interpretation of a FREE emulator.

Encrypt the ROM and keep it away from a company who has invested zero percent of their profits to benefit any real Amiga hardware/software project.
Big words... From such a small person... Why not find out just what they have done for the community before you bad mouth them... Tw@ :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:14:08 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;615807

As the owner of Commodore Amiga I would like to direct you to the following thread you may find useful.

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=614079&postcount=170
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;615813
Big words... From such a small person... Why not find out just what they have done for the community before you bad mouth them... Tw@ :)

:lol: