Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Open Ibrowse on separate screen?  (Read 1592 times)

Description:

Offline runequesterTopic starter

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Open Ibrowse on separate screen?
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:24:22 AM »
Ive been poking around the settings, but I cant seem to find anything, so:

Is it possible to have Ibrowse open on a separate screen, rather than a window on your current screen?

Aweb can do it, so I figure there might be a chance Ibrowse can do it too

Offline matthey

• Show only replies by matthey
Re: Open Ibrowse on separate screen?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:35:29 AM »
Yes. Use PSI in the MUI drawer wherever you installed it. Let us know how easy it was when you have done it. We seem to have a debate as to whether the MUI or Reaction way of opening a screen is better in another thread.

Offline lsmart

• Show only replies by lsmart
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:05:59 AM »
Quote from: matthey;615221
Yes. Use PSI in the MUI drawer wherever you installed it. Let us know how easy it was when you have done it.

Actually I canĀ“t see how you change the default screen for a particular MUI application by using the prefs in the MUI drawer. I had to start iBrowse, go to the "Settings"-menu choose "MUI..." then the correct category and chose my screen from the cycle/menu/entry gadget. The label of the gadget was confusing name and title of the screen, but this may be an issue of the german translation I am using.

For a novice this is most probably easier than editing the tooltypes (OWB). You have to know what MUI is however.

Offline pVC

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:09:21 AM »
Easier to go with IBrowse's "Preferences/MUI..." menu, rather than from PSI. Every MUI app can be configured to use Workbench screen or any public MUI screen. So, every app can be on their own screen or you can for example make new screen for internet apps and put several different apps on that screen. Snapshotting windows on their own places etc. Very versatile.

It's also consistent with all MUI programs. No different configuration options for every app, just same method for all.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:51:33 AM by pVC »
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.