amiga.org

iconAll times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Amiga.org Operating System Specific Discussions AROS Research Operating System Games Load to White Screen, no Audio

AROS Research Operating System Your place for AROS discussion chatter.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
XDelusion
Alien Breeder
Points: 37,307, Level: 100 Points: 37,307, Level: 100 Points: 37,307, Level: 100
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Default Games Load to White Screen, no Audio

So I installed a copy of AROS as IcarOS only seems to make my systems lock up after about 20 minutes of sitting there doing nothing.

I installed Giana's Return along with a few other games, but when ever I load them up, it brings up a screen filled with white, and I hear nothing and can do nothing but reboot my system to escape this.

I thought maybe I lacked SDL, so I went to Aminet and did my best to find what I needed, which I presume is this?

http://aros.aminet.net/package/dev/c/sdlgfx.i386-aros

Of course I was not sure to put this file so I threw it in my Libs folder.

This seemed to have no effect and I'd like to know if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong.

Thankx!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs
XDelusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Mazze
Too much caffeine
Points: 5,449, Level: 47 Points: 5,449, Level: 47 Points: 5,449, Level: 47
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Default Re: Games Load to White Screen, no Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
I thought maybe I lacked SDL, so I went to Aminet and did my best to find what I needed, which I presume is this?
You don't need it, because all SDL libraries are static link libraries on AROS.

Maybe you are a victim of this bug:
http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/v...forumpost53446
Old 02-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
XDelusion
Alien Breeder
Points: 37,307, Level: 100 Points: 37,307, Level: 100 Points: 37,307, Level: 100
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Default Re: Games Load to White Screen, no Audio

Perhaps...

I am now using the latest IcarOS Lite release as it actually does not lock up my system like earlier releases did.

Sadly, this issue is still happening, though now with sound!!!!

I can hear the game running, but only see a giant window full of gray.

I read in the IcarOS PDF that I can enter into GRUB's settings by holding down E at boot time, but this only seems to make my system really really really slow, and besides, when ever I tray to change the screen mode to anything above 640x480, it seems not to work.

Then again I'm using a built in Intel 845G Chip set, which I don't think the AROS team has bothered to write in support for yet anyhow....

...though it would be a novel choice as those tiny Dell Optiplex SX260's are cheap, small, and perfect for AROS...

...if only the Graphics side was supported. :/
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs
XDelusion is offline   Reply With Quote