Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to mount ADF Files in workbench 3.9?  (Read 5502 times)

Description:

Offline carvedeyeTopic starter

• Show only replies by carvedeye
How to mount ADF Files in workbench 3.9?
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »
Hi all i have a load of ADF images i would like to use with my Towered 1200 and would like to know if there is anything similar to daemon tools for mounting the ADF images? It needs to be user friendly and have its own installer (still a bit of a noob with the workbench) if any one knows of such a program i will be very grateful.

TIA Ray
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline fitzsteve

• Show only replies by fitzsteve
Re: How to mount ADF Files in workbench 3.9?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:30:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure Classic Workbench has the facility built in but this only works for DOS disks, non DOS Disks still need to be written back to floppy and booted in the usual way.

Best thing to do if possible is run the games/demo's if available through WHDLoad.

Steve.

ps (I'll try to find out what the app is and if you can aquire it seperately)

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »
No installer here, but get TransADFGUI and TransADF. Put the GUI part in a directory and TransADF proggy there too, check the tooltypes for GUI that they are ok. Then mount RAD: or just use a floppy in DF0: and use the gui to select it as a target for mounting the ADF-file you want to use.
CD32
A500

Offline PanterHZ

• Show only replies by PanterHZ
    • http://www.rhz1.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 12:08:53 AM »
Well I use this: http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/diskimage.m68k-aos

Diskimage device allows the user to mount adf images in addition to some  other disk image formats as well. It includes an installer, and if i  remember correctly, it will copy all mount files to Devs/DOSDrivers on  your boot partition. If this is the case, I will recommend that you move  them to Storage/DOSDrivers instead since there is no point in all of  them being mounted on startup.

In order to access an adf image file, you must first mount the virtual  drive by either double-clicking the IDF0 mount file, or by typing "mount  IDF0:" in a shell.

An easy to use program called DiskImageGUI is also included, and after  you have started it, you can open it from the Tools menu in your WB  menu. This GUI has four buttons which allows you to Insert, Eject or  Write Protect the disk image, and the last button refreshes the list  below.

If you have mounted IDF0:, it should now be included in the list, and  all you have to do is click the Insert button, select an adf file and  voila - there you go!

But have in mind that what "fitzsteve" mentions about non DOS disks also applies here.

One last thing: It is possible to copy and delete files to/from the  mounted adf image, but this might result in a corrupted adf file, so  beware!

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 10:24:17 AM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;597483

Diskimage device allows the user to mount adf images in addition to some  other disk image formats as well. It includes an installer, and if i  remember correctly, it will copy all mount files to Devs/DOSDrivers on  your boot partition. If this is the case, I will recommend that you move  them to Storage/DOSDrivers instead since there is no point in all of  them being mounted on startup.

In order to access an adf image file, you must first mount the virtual  drive by either double-clicking the IDF0 mount file, or by typing "mount  IDF0:" in a shell.

An easy to use program called DiskImageGUI is also included, and after  you have started it, you can open it from the Tools menu in your WB  menu. This GUI has four buttons which allows you to Insert, Eject or  Write Protect the disk image, and the last button refreshes the list  below.

If you have mounted IDF0:, it should now be included in the list, and  all you have to do is click the Insert button, select an adf file and  voila - there you go!

But have in mind that what "fitzsteve" mentions about non DOS disks also applies here.

One last thing: It is possible to copy and delete files to/from the  mounted adf image, but this might result in a corrupted adf file, so  beware!

Great will give it a whirl :)
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline Jope

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »
I found this to work best for my needs:

http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/diskimage

When installing it, select the dosdriver that you need (DI2 is the Amiga DD one) and copy it as sys:storage/dosdrivers/DI0. Remember to change the unit to 0 in the tooltypes.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;597483

Well i ran the installer and once installed i tryed to run the GUI but it says "Please insert volume TBimages in any drive" ? did i do something wrong?

Offline smf

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 11:34:19 AM »
Quote from: carvedeye;597754
Well i ran the installer and once installed i tryed to run the GUI but it says "Please insert volume TBimages in any drive" ? did i do something wrong?

install AISS - Amiga Image Storage System.

http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/aiss46

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »
Quote from: smf;597755
install AISS - Amiga Image Storage System.

http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/aiss46

what will this do?

Offline PanterHZ

• Show only replies by PanterHZ
    • http://www.rhz1.com
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »
Quote from: carvedeye;597928
what will this do?

AISS is an environment to store, access and maintain toolbar images.

Basically, the images you see in the four buttons in this window is supplied by the AISS system.

[ATTACH]1003[/ATTACH]

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »
Great thx :)

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 09:49:56 PM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;598531
AISS is an environment to store, access and maintain toolbar images.

Basically, the images you see in the four buttons in this window is supplied by the AISS system.

[ATTACH]1003[/ATTACH]

I tried AISS once, gawd what a load of rubbish it was, hundreds if not thousands of tiny little images that your HD spends more time trying to access than actually doing anything useful... :(

best place for AISS was the trash to be honest... :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:43:21 AM by Franko »

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »
Franko what would you use then?
Or is all your stuff on Floppy and Hard drive and not Adf'ed?
I normally don't worry about mounting them I just use adfblitz to copy them back onto floppy since I would want to keep the disks I unadf.
How are you getting the adf from the PC/Mac to your amiga? there are some PC tools to unpack adf's (can't remember them now but when I get home I will check)
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
Quote from: Retro_71;603871
Franko what would you use then?
Or is all your stuff on Floppy and Hard drive and not Adf'ed?
I normally don't worry about mounting them I just use adfblitz to copy them back onto floppy since I would want to keep the disks I unadf.
How are you getting the adf from the PC/Mac to your amiga? there are some PC tools to unpack adf's (can't remember them now but when I get home I will check)

Hmm... not quite sure what you mean...

I haven't used (or even seen) a floppy disk for about 10 years now, All of my stuff is stored on HDs, CDs & DVDs... :)

Everything including ADFs just get loaded into RAM: as I have 256MB of Fast RAM and most stuff runs from there... :)

I don't need to get ADFs from the MAC as I have just about everything ever written for the Amiga stored on the above as mentioned... :)

If I need to transfer something to the MAC from the Amiga or vise versa I just copy it onto an SD Card and transfer it that way, using the SubWAY USB device on the Amiga... :)

Not sure what you mean about unpacking ADFs on a PC as I've never used a PC... :(

Basically all I use the Mac for is the internet and downloading/uploading files to my site, everything else I do computerwise is done on the miggies...:)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:44:06 AM by Franko »

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »
sorry I wasn't so clear I meant to ask both of you (including the original poster). I know very well you have Mac..... (my condolences :lol:) JK (just kidding).
the lastest Apple I have is a IIGS although I got a G4 I am pulling apart (yes just for the fun of it.... :p) somewhere.
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D