Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS to be shown at AmiWest 2010 Show  (Read 4661 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
MorphOS to be shown at AmiWest 2010 Show
« on: September 21, 2010, 07:04:59 AM »
News from amigadave via MorphZone

For the third year in a row I will be demonstrating the latest version of MorphOS2.x at the AmiWest 2010 Show in October. This year I will have four computers running MorphOS2.5 (or greater), including my Efika (which I am working on putting in a new and interesting case w/monitor), 1.5GHz G4 MacMini, 1.25GHz G4 eMac, and Dual 1.25GHz G4 MDD PowerMac. I have also been asked to run the Amiga Game Competition again for this year's AmiWest 2010 Show and have decided to donate the 1.25GHz G4 eMac running the demo version of MorphOS2.5 as the grand prize to the winner of the competition. So, if you like playing Amiga games and can make it to Sacramento, CA in October, come to AmiWest 2010 Show and have a chance to win yourself a 1.25GHz eMac to run MorphOS on.

I hope to see some of you at the show, please introduce yourself.

David W. Morris
aka AmigaDave
Efficient by Design
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: MorphOS to be shown at AmiWest 2010 Show
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:25:48 AM »
Thanks Transition (is this Wayne?, hope you are still around), for cross posting this information.  I had already posted a news item here at Amiga.org regarding my participation at the 2010 AmiWest Show, but in slightly different wording than my original post at MorphZone.org.  

Update to the previous information:

The MorphOS Development Team has graciously decided to donate the license key file for the grand prize 1.25GHz G4 eMac w/MorphOS2.5 & MacOSX installed on it's hard drive for dual booting.  Other great prizes are also included for second, third & fourth places, including a complete A500 system (minus monitor) from my collection.  I am also looking for other companies and individuals to donate more prizes for the Amiga Game Competition, so if any of you wish to contribute, please contact me via email, or PMail.

In addition to showing MorphOS2.5 & 2.6 at the AmiWest 2010 Show, and running the Amiga Game Competition, I have been asked to provide a live audio report from the show for the Amiga Round Table show on one of the two show days.  This time we will pick a time when I am awake though and hopefully we won't have to move the entire AmiWest show from one room to another in the hotel the night before my ART phone call like happened last year.  :lol:

I am really looking forward to this year's AmiWest Show and hope to see many of you there.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:32:22 AM »
So, MorphOS 2.6 is coming in October?

Time to get my dusty MAC G4 1.25 MDD out of the cupboards.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:46:32 AM »
Quote from: Nostromo;580497
So, MorphOS 2.6 is coming in October?

Time to get my dusty MAC G4 1.25 MDD out of the cupboards.

Hopefully it will be out by then, but if it is not, I will be showing the beta version of 2.6, which I already have installed on my Dual 1.25GHz G4 PowerMac.

So, yes, I would say it is almost time to get out your dusty G4 PowerMac from the cupboard and get it ready for a new lease on life with MorphOS2.6 when it is released.

Offline Templario

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 03:40:05 PM »
glad to hear that there are MorphOS news freely not as in other places, although I'm fan of OS 4 also I'm sympathizer of this system.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:41:44 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;580499
Hopefully it will be out by then, but if it is not, I will be showing the beta version of 2.6, which I already have installed on my Dual 1.25GHz G4 PowerMac.

So, yes, I would say it is almost time to get out your dusty G4 PowerMac from the cupboard and get it ready for a new lease on life with MorphOS2.6 when it is released.

Ahhh some good news at least :)

I have been holding to this machine since last January.

phoenixkonsole

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »
Any chance to run it on an G3 Powermac (blue/white) with 1GHZ g4 upgrade? If yes i jump on the MOS train too (before the Powerbook support comes)

Offline Golem!dk

• Show only replies by Golem!dk
    • http://www.google.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »
@phoenixkonsole

I would say no chance, PowerMac G4 is more than just the CPU, you also need drivers for everything else in the system, developer resources are limited and wasting too much time supporting ancient models (nevermind acquiring and testing) would only delay an eventual PowerBook release.
~

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 12:12:23 PM »
What are the major changes between 2.5 and 2.6? Is it just the added PowerMac G4 compatibility, or are there other new features/improvements?

Offline Golem!dk

• Show only replies by Golem!dk
    • http://www.google.com/
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 01:13:38 PM »
New releases usually come with release notes, when 2.6 is released I suspect that will still be the case :)
~

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 11:32:35 PM »
Quote from: Templario;580532
glad to hear that there are MorphOS news freely not as in other places, although I'm fan of OS 4 also I'm sympathizer of this system.

None of my news is official, so take anything I write with a grain of salt and doubt it until confirmed by one or more of the actual MorphOS Developer Team members.

I was authorized to announce that I would be showing MorphOS2.6 at the AmiWest 2010 Show on my G4 PowerMac. (be it the beta version, or the release version, if finished)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:38:34 PM by amigadave »