Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanted: MDD Bezel w/Zip Drive slot + drive brackets  (Read 942 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Wanted: MDD Bezel w/Zip Drive slot + drive brackets
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:41:56 AM »
I have purchased a lot of 5 Dual 1.25GHz G4 PowerMac Avid systems through eBay (mainly for the purpose of running MorphOS2.x when it is released in the future).  I am looking for a replacement front mirrored door bezel that has one solid door for the CD/DVD drive bay and a second mirrored drive door with a slot for the optional Zip drive found in some custom ordered G4 PowerMacs.  I have looked on many websites for such a bezel, but without any luck, so I thought I would ask all the great members here if they know of any place I might be able to find the Mac part I am looking for.  I also wish to find an internal Zip 250mb optical drive and the required brackets to hold it in the correct position to line up with the front bezel.  I would also be willing to buy just the brackets, as I already own a couple interior mount  Zip 100mb drives I could use in place of the Zip 250mb drive.  I still use Zip optical drives with some of my Classic Amiga computers and will be able to transfer files with the Zip disks to and from them and the MorphOS2.x PowerMac when they are not connected to a network.

I have already sold two of the extra four PowerMacs and have advertised the other two PowerMacs to MorphOS2.x users over at MorphZone.org, if any of you are interested, let me know.  Just remember that MorphOS2.? with support for any G4 PowerMac's has not been released yet and there is no firm date for when that will happen, though I am confident that it will be soon (next 2 to 12 weeks is my guess, unless they MorphOS Dev Team runs into a serious problem).
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline gordworld

• Show only replies by gordworld
Re: Wanted: MDD Bezel w/Zip Drive slot + drive brackets
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »
Not sure when you posted this, but I happen to have a brand new Zip bezel for the G4 MDD, complete with front panel.  Please let me know if you are interested - you may also email me at gordmail@btinternet.com

Kind regards, David