Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Floppy - GVP madness and more! input needed!  (Read 968 times)

Description:

Offline TomJTopic starter

• Show only replies by TomJ
Floppy - GVP madness and more! input needed!
« on: June 04, 2010, 04:41:41 AM »
So i put a bad disk in the floppy and the 2000 internal floppy quit working right.

So I changed it pulling out the gvp impact II to get to the screws to change the floppy. get it back together and my hard drive doesn't work. (Did I mention its my only working 2000 board out of 5 I acquired.)

It did recognize my ram though.

I put the impact board in from another 2000 and it works, but the floppies which were working with no hard drive quit working. in what way?

who has seen this        DF0:??? and DF2:???
no haven't checked the jumper and df1 was not hooked up

which brings me to the pics on both 2000's df0: had more jumper pins than df1: Why?
and i do have a rev B drive with 6 pins like the rev a in the pics that's not the answer.
 Anyway back to it I come home from work today boot up the 2000 and the floppies work fine. anyone know the reason other than i'm getting old and loosing it cause i don't think i am.

I haven't tried to put the impact II back in to see if it will boot with the drive yet, don't know if i should.

when swapping parts is there a recommended amount of time to keep the 2000 turned off?:angry:

Offline doctorq

• Show only replies by doctorq
Re: Floppy - GVP madness and more! input needed!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 07:20:36 AM »
It has nothing to do with leaving the computer turned off for a certain amount of time. It's most likely caused by bad connections between the power connector on the drive and the power cable.